Author Topic: Schumer: Trump should not be eligible to run for office again  (Read 1111 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schumer: Trump should not be eligible to run for office again
« on: January 19, 2021, 06:52:07 pm »
Schumer: Trump should not be eligible to run for office again
By Jordain Carney - 01/19/21 01:11 PM EST

Incoming Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said on Tuesday that President Trump should not be eligible to run for office again and vowed to try to bar him from doing so if the Senate convicts him.

"After what he has done, the consequences of which we were all witness to, Donald Trump should not be eligible to run for office ever again," Schumer said from the Senate floor.

"Let me be clear: There will be an impeachment trial in the United States Senate. There will be a vote on convicting the president for high crimes and misdemeanors. If the president is convicted, there will be a vote on barring him again," he added.

Schumer didn't address when an impeachment trial would start or if Democrats would try to delay it in order to confirm Biden's Cabinet nominees and pass more coronavirus legislation, a strategy some members of his caucus are urging him and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) to support.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/534815-schumer-trump-should-not-be-eligible-to-run-for-office-again
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Re: Schumer: Trump should not be eligible to run for office again
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 08:04:16 pm »
Schumer, Pelosi,hitlery and McConnell should be forever known as far beyond the stages of Quislings/Benedict Arnolds!
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 04:34:05 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 08:50:51 pm »
Chuckie say's;

Ahh, but the 2nd impeachment that's... that's where I had Trump. They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt and with... geometric logic... that a duplicate impeachment articles do exist, and I'd have produced 2/3 votes to convict if they hadn't of pulled me out of action with no trial.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 08:59:24 pm »
It's crystal clear.  The left is scared to death of him running again.  They can't stop him from leading or forming a new party or speaking to 75+ million to head them in a different direction.  In 6 months, the leftists will have shown their intent and millions more will be ready to hang them out to dry.

My true concern for Trump is that they will drag him through the courts and he will not get a fair trial.  He didn't get a fair impeachment twice.  I really hope he is forming a competent, reliable and trustworthy legal team; Giuliani needs to be pushed aside.  He's part of of the swamp and is of no use to Trump.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 09:03:36 pm »
Pretty amazing.  Donald Trump spends four years in DC as the  President of the United States ... and is leaving as an outsider.

He won't need to run for office to bring down your world, Chuck.  In fact, he's more powerful if he doesn't. 

Thanks, Chuck.   happy77

« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 09:05:58 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline christian

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2021, 04:33:08 am »
President Trump was much abandoned and ostracized for four years, and lynched twice in phony impeachments.  Do you really think he wants to go through that again? Alone?  Looks like grasping at straws to me.  People had ample time to support President Trump and many went into hiding, even here.  The game is up, the game is over.  You did what you did, or you didn't what you didn't.  Now comes the hard part, reality, not bullshiite.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2021, 07:31:32 pm »
This is to ME,a very good indicator of just how good a President Trump was. Otherwise,they wouldn't be that afraid of him running again.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2021, 07:34:22 pm »
This is to ME,a very good indicator of just how good a President Trump was. Otherwise,they wouldn't be that afraid of him running again.

Waiting for Nancy to deliver the Articles of Impeachment to the Senate.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2021, 07:39:01 pm »
It's crystal clear.  The left is scared to death of him running again.  They can't stop him from leading or forming a new party or speaking to 75+ million to head them in a different direction.  In 6 months, the leftists will have shown their intent and millions more will be ready to hang them out to dry.

My true concern for Trump is that they will drag him through the courts and he will not get a fair trial.  He didn't get a fair impeachment twice.  I really hope he is forming a competent, reliable and trustworthy legal team; Giuliani needs to be pushed aside.  He's part of of the swamp and is of no use to Trump.
The persecution will continue. Both as a possible future candidate and an ex president who, by now, must know where at least some of the bodies in both parties are buried, not mentioning one with a massive following, he remains a dire threat to the establishment.

Offline verga

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2021, 07:39:57 pm »
Waiting for Nancy to deliver the Articles of Impeachment to the Senate.
She is still waiting for the Wizard to deliver a brain to her.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2021, 07:40:43 pm »
There will be a vote on convicting the president for high crimes and misdemeanors. If the president is convicted, there will be a vote on barring him again
They can vote all they want, but do they really have this authority?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2021, 08:01:49 pm »
In their minds, Trump will always be President.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2021, 09:52:00 pm »
They can vote all they want, but do they really have this authority?

@mountaineer

I may be wrong,but I think if they have the votes,they can make it a law,and with Dim powerhouses like Chuckie and Di Fi pushing it,they probably do.

Not that it really matters. Even if they do pass such a law,Trump can sign up as a senior advisor to the new independent party candidate,and if they new candidate is elected,he can just hire Trump as a senior WH advisor.

And it would work out great for the  new stand-in. Trump would take all the heat away from him or her because the Dims just wouldn't be able to help themselves,and there is not a single damn thing they could do to harm him politically or legally because the new president could just hand him a handful of signed and undated pardons the day they move into the WH.

I get the giggles just imagining all the exploding Dim heads if THAT happens.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2021, 09:52:58 pm »

@Restored

Kinda neat when you think about it,huh?

Offline christian

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2021, 10:36:15 pm »
The democrats keep issuing threats at/to Trump if he dares to do this, or he dares to not do that.  They really do have that totalitarian mindset, little wonder they are busy constructing a totalitarian regime now.
Don't you dare issue pardons or we will further impeach you, Mr President !  Nasty bastards fully ready to abuse power to its fullest extent.
 :smokin:

As much as democrats hate Trump to the extreme and as much as democrats are willing to commit voter fraud to an extreme, as we have just seen, who in their right minds think Trump (or us)will ever see a fair election again ?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 04:12:34 am by christian »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2021, 11:07:57 pm »
The headline should read; Schumer should not be eligible to be in office again.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2021, 12:56:00 am »
SneakyPete wrote:
"I may be wrong,but I think if they have the votes,they can make it a law,and with Dim powerhouses like Chuckie and Di Fi pushing it,they probably do"

I'd call this a Bill of Attainder -- explicitly unconstitutional.
But... would the Supreme Court agree...?

If I was Mr. Trump, and if the Senate voted for a conviction, I'd do this:
1. Fund an effort to register a new political party in all 50 states.
2. Encourage his supporters to register for it (I'd switch from the Pubbies to Mr. Trump's party... would you?)
3. If he so desires, run in 2024 regardless.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2021, 01:07:19 am »
The democrats keep issuing threats at/to Trump if he dares to do this, or he dares to not do that.  They really do have that totalitarian mindset, little wonder they are busy constructing a totalitarian regime now.
Don't you dare issue pardons or we will further impeach you, Mr President !  Nasty bastards fully ready to abuse power to its fullest extent.
 :smokin:

As much as democrats hate Trump to the extreme and as much as democrts are willing to commit voter fraud to an extreme, aswe have just seen, who in their right minds think Trump (or us)will ever see a fair election again ?

The bottom line is Mitch holds all the cards here.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2021, 01:20:57 am »
The bottom line is Mitch holds all the cards here.

Mitch couldn't hold his dick in one hand and cards in the other and sniff Cocaine at the same time without sneezing.   The lines of  "blow" and his aces and eights would be gone and all he has left is a flaccid unit.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline verga

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2021, 01:31:35 am »
Living rent free 24/7/365.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2021, 01:35:06 am »
Mitch doesn't hold jack.  He is useless.

The GOP is dead.  The DEMS are in complete control.

Thinking that a new party will be formed I think is futile.  It's going to take more than that and the DEMS will ensure that all the laws enacted will prevent a new political party from forming.

Do the math.  75,000,000 who didn't vote Biden v. DEMS + illegals + refugees + Dominion voting machines = impossible

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2021, 02:48:57 am »
SneakyPete wrote:
"I may be wrong,but I think if they have the votes,they can make it a law,and with Dim powerhouses like Chuckie and Di Fi pushing it,they probably do"

I'd call this a Bill of Attainder -- explicitly unconstitutional.
But... would the Supreme Court agree...?

If I was Mr. Trump, and if the Senate voted for a conviction, I'd do this:
1. Fund an effort to register a new political party in all 50 states.
2. Encourage his supporters to register for it (I'd switch from the Pubbies to Mr. Trump's party... would you?)

3. If he so desires, run in 2024 regardless.

@Fishrrman

In a nano-second.

Offline yodaspock

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2021, 02:54:59 am »
It will not hold up in scotus!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2021, 03:06:21 am »
No matter how many justices they ad to the court?

Offline christian

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2021, 04:17:30 am »
Yoda:

christian:
Maybe you haven't heard, democrats already intend to pack the Supreme Court with Justices highly prejudicial to them.   As so few are cognizant to the issues,we are going to win in the future HOW!