Author Topic: Biden may cancel Keystone pipeline permit on first day: CBC  (Read 1512 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Biden may cancel Keystone pipeline permit on first day: CBC
« on: January 18, 2021, 11:24:59 pm »
Houston Chronicle by Eduard Gismatullin and Kait Bolongaro, Bloomberg Jan. 18, 2021

President-elect Joe Biden may fulfill a pledge to cancel the Keystone XL pipeline permit via executive action on his first day in office, CBC News reported, citing people it didn’t identify.

The words “Rescind Keystone XL pipeline permit” appeared on a transition briefing note for Jan. 20 -- Inauguration Day -- circulated by Biden’s transition team over the weekend, according to the Canadian report.

Biden’s transition team declined to comment.

Alberta Premier Jason Kenney said in a tweet and a lengthy statement that he was “deeply concerned” about the report that Biden may repeal the permit, although such a move had been widely expected if Biden was elected.

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/energy/article/Biden-May-Cancel-Keystone-Pipeline-Permit-on-15879128.php

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Biden may cancel Keystone pipeline permit on first day: CBC
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 01:21:14 am »
Not even in office and pissing off our best neighbors.

We will see a lot of people getting pissed off, so the Canadians will just have to stand in the back of the line while we Americans vent our anger at this usurper.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 01:29:20 am »
What a dynamo. Biden is gonna do everything on his ‘first day’

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 03:15:09 am »
What a dynamo. Biden is gonna do everything on his ‘first day’
I now you being sarcastic, but dynamos hum, Biden at his best just sort of sputters. Love hearing Biden ask us to just give h a hundred days, like what we can trade him in if we don't like him? Why should we give him any time, he and the democrrats didn't even wait for Trump to be sworn in before they were attacking him.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 03:18:53 am by GtHawk »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 03:19:22 am »
I now you being sarcastic, but dynamos hum, Biden at his best just sort of sputters.
Well I don't hear no dynamo hum...

Lunchbox joe is like a used car salesman. Just give him a hunnerd days, kick the tires, if you don’t like him well just bring him back in for a full refund less a small restocking fee.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 03:21:39 am by skeeter »

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2021, 05:27:41 am »
Well I don't hear no dynamo hum...

Lunchbox joe is like a used car salesman. Just give him a hunnerd days, kick the tires, if you don’t like him well just bring him back in for a full refund less a small restocking fee.
@skeeter
You can't write dynamo hum, or I without triggering memories.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

And yes Biden is like a used car salseman, he reminds me of one of the sleazieist that worked out of my old home town of Lynwood, CA. in the sixties.
He was Ralph Williams the lonely Lynwood car dealer and he got so big he was prosecuted for cheating people in several states.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2021, 07:04:32 am »
Back on topic, that pipe has been stacked waiting to be put together for nearly 15 years now.

Unreal.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2021, 01:52:01 pm »
Joebama "you can't drill your way to lower gas prices" was wrong.  So he needs to find another way to put the hurt on the working class with higher gas prices.   $4 a gallon her we come........again.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2021, 01:57:57 pm »

Zappa sure seemed alot less profane when I was a teenager.

And say hello to $5/gal gas.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 02:00:33 pm by skeeter »

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2021, 06:28:49 pm »
Zappa sure seemed alot less profane when I was a teenager.

And say hello to $5/gal gas.
$5 gas? Ah the good old days.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2021, 06:34:02 pm »
Nostalgic For Frank Zappa?

You are going to love going back to the old odd/even days, gas lines, $5.00 gas.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2021, 06:48:42 pm »
Nostalgic For Frank Zappa?

You are going to love going back to the old odd/even days, gas lines, $5.00 gas.

With Joebama at the helm we'll prolly be given Ration books WITH removable stamps good for certain items, like sugar, meat, cooking oil, and canned goods. Can't buy a rationed item without also giving the grocer the right ration stamp.  The books will fit in nicely with your new mandatory Vaccination papers without which you can not go to work and earn a living to buy rationed goods.   

Offline thackney

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2021, 08:10:14 pm »
With Joebama at the helm we'll prolly be given Ration books WITH removable stamps good for certain items, like sugar, meat, cooking oil, and canned goods. Can't buy a rationed item without also giving the grocer the right ration stamp.  The books will fit in nicely with your new mandatory Vaccination papers without which you can not go to work and earn a living to buy rationed goods.   

Meat?  Who are you kidding in Joebama's world?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2021, 08:40:22 pm »
Keystone XL’s Demise Prompts TC Energy to Slash 1,000 Jobs
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-21/keystone-xl-s-demise-prompts-tc-energy-to-slash-1-000-jobs
January 21, 2021

TC Energy Corp. has let go 1,000 workers in both the U.S. and Canada after President Joe Biden canceled the Keystone XL oil pipeline project.

“A majority of the 1,000 are unioned workers who have been constructing on both sides of the border,” Terry Cunha, a spokesman for the Calgary-based company, said by email.

Biden withdrew a permit to build the pipeline within hours of assuming office Wednesday. Construction of the pipeline, which would have transported more than 800,000 barrels a day of oil sands crude from Alberta to Nebraska, had already started last year after the government of Alberta invested $1.1 billion into the project to jump-start work....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Wingnut

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2021, 09:23:42 pm »
Pierre's kid should sue JoBama. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2021, 09:32:03 pm »
Keystone XL’s Demise Prompts TC Energy to Slash 1,000 Jobs
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-21/keystone-xl-s-demise-prompts-tc-energy-to-slash-1-000-jobs
January 21, 2021

TC Energy Corp. has let go 1,000 workers in both the U.S. and Canada after President Joe Biden canceled the Keystone XL oil pipeline project.

“A majority of the 1,000 are unioned workers who have been constructing on both sides of the border,” Terry Cunha, a spokesman for the Calgary-based company, said by email.

Biden withdrew a permit to build the pipeline within hours of assuming office Wednesday. Construction of the pipeline, which would have transported more than 800,000 barrels a day of oil sands crude from Alberta to Nebraska, had already started last year after the government of Alberta invested $1.1 billion into the project to jump-start work....

Gotta take care of our friends like Warren Buffett regardless of what it costs the rest of us!

Warren Buffett’s company Berkshire Hathaway purchased 77.4% of BNSF shares for $100 each on November 2, 2009. Berkshire Hathaway already owned 22.6% of the company, so the acquisition gave it total ownership of BNSF.

https://financhill.com/blog/investing/which-railroad-does-warren-buffett-own
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2021, 09:59:17 pm »
@skeeter
You can't write dynamo hum, or I without triggering memories.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

I miss Frank.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2021, 10:23:02 pm »
Alberta should sue the hell out of the US for breach of contract, as should all the US landowners who were to receive payments for right-of-way access.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2021, 10:36:21 pm »
I miss Frank.

The first record I ever bought was "Freak Out!"

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Wingnut

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2021, 08:59:38 pm »
Zappa or @Frank Cannon ?

Peas and carrots man.  they are like peas and carrots.

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2021, 01:37:09 am »
Peas and carrots man.  they are like peas and carrots.
:yowsa:

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2021, 09:33:22 pm »
Pierre's kid should sue JoBama.

He ain't Pierre's kid, Fidel fathered that bastard.