Author Topic: Why Military Veterans and Law Enforcement Joined the Capitol Insurrection  (Read 247 times)

rangerrebew

Why Military Veterans and Law Enforcement Joined the Capitol Insurrection

17 Jan 2021
The Los Angeles Times | By Jaweed Kaleem, Kurtis Lee

An Air Force veteran from Southern California and ardent conspiracy theorist bent on war against the government. An Army psychological operations officer at Ft. Bragg, N.C. A decorated, retired Air Force officer of 18 years from Texas who served in Afghanistan and Iraq.

The deadly riot in the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 attracted a variety of far-right extremists who shared a devotion to President Trump and his insistence on a false belief that the November election had been stolen from him through fraud.

Many rioters also had something else in common as they sought to upend the American government in an insurrection that bristled with Confederate flags, racist symbols and conspiracy theories: They were ex-members of the military and police or actively employed by the armed services and law enforcement.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2021/01/17/why-military-veterans-and-law-enforcement-joined-capitol-insurrection.html

rangerrebew

Maybe it has more to do with being treated like footballs by most congressional members and, in particular democrats who rarely do anything for them.  What they do is join with leftist radicals and ideologies such as defund the police.  They know they are in trouble.  And the military is used as a whipping boy for everything that congress can to take themselves off the hook. :BangComp:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The title:
"Why Military Veterans and Law Enforcement Joined the Capitol Insurrection"

I refuse to read nor give respect to "news articles" that use the word, "insurrection", which did NOT occur.

A rowdy demonstration onto unauthorized property, yes. That's called trespassing.
But NOT "insurrection".

Feed that crap to somebody else.
I don't want to hear it.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The title:
"Why Military Veterans and Law Enforcement Joined the Capitol Insurrection"

I refuse to read nor give respect to "news articles" that use the word, "insurrection", which did NOT occur.

A rowdy demonstration onto unauthorized property, yes. That's called trespassing.
But NOT "insurrection".

Feed that crap to somebody else.
I don't want to hear it.
@Fishrrman
Here's a big pair of thumbs up on that one my friend!