Author Topic: GOP senators wrestle with purging Trump from party  (Read 1205 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: GOP senators wrestle with purging Trump from party
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2021, 09:30:05 pm »
Trumpism lives and dies with Trump. I cannot see anyone else but Trump "marketing" it successfully. Conservatism however will live beyond Trump and frankly has been. Reaganism survived up until Trump, far outlasting the gipper, but Trumpism won't outlive Trump IMO.

Anyway, 4 years later and we're out 2/3 branches of government. One step forward two steps back IMO.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2021, 09:32:47 pm »
After years of missed opportunities, the lesser evil is not so obvious.  If we look back on the Trump era in a few decades, what material improvement is there from what preceded?  Where is the transformative change?  Well here's one.  He morphed the republicans into 1930s democrats and the democrats into communists.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2021, 09:46:57 pm »
After years of missed opportunities, the lesser evil is not so obvious.  If we look back on the Trump era in a few decades, what material improvement is there from what preceded?  Where is the transformative change?  Well here's one.  He morphed the republicans into 1930s democrats and the democrats into communists.
Just so I'm clear, are you saying Trump turned the GOP into FDR democrats and rats into communists, or did he just unmask them?

If the former I'd be interested in hearing how he pulled it off.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2021, 09:58:56 pm »
Look at you ...still posting shit and farts.  You never fail to disappoint.  @roamer_1

Well... I gotta do what I'm good at.  :shrug: :laugh:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2021, 09:59:48 pm »
Well, if there's an honest bone in your body @roamer_1 you'll be taking Biden to the woodshed for this.  But I won't hold my breath.

Buydem had *nothing* to do with it.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2021, 10:01:01 pm »
Pardon my French, but who gives a shit?!   "Conservatives" have proven themselves to be absolutely useless  --- which is why you'll be holding your next national meeting in a rowboat, with room to spare.

Riiight. Because merit. Have fun in your big circus tent. Say hi to all the clowns.  :seeya:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2021, 10:02:49 pm »
Trumpism lives and dies with Trump. I cannot see anyone else but Trump "marketing" it successfully. Conservatism however will live beyond Trump and frankly has been. Reaganism survived up until Trump, far outlasting the gipper, but Trumpism won't outlive Trump IMO.

Anyway, 4 years later and we're out 2/3 branches of government. One step forward two steps back IMO.

... Because Conservatism is about timeless truth... not about Reagan. He was merely reflecting all of history.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2021, 10:04:24 pm »
Just so I'm clear, are you saying Trump turned the GOP into FDR democrats and rats into communists, or did he just unmask them?

HA! punny.  happy77

Offline skeeter

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2021, 10:07:27 pm »
HA! punny.  happy77

I can tell you how he unmasked them. It wasn't necessarily intentional.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2021, 10:52:31 pm »

Yes the GOP has spent around the same amount on COVID as was spent throughout World War II.  They are New Dealers.
Actually the government was quite a bit smaller in 1940 than it is now.  And is it any wonder.  Trump pilloried conservatives who wanted to reform entitlements.  He encouraged them to blow another trillion on infrastructure, trillions on defense, another $1,400 per head on COVID welfare, and lord only knows how much he would have spent over the next four years.  When Obama was in the White House they shut down the government.  What happened?

This transformation enabled the dems to move even further to the left.  I don't know if they have always been racist authoritarians, or if they just felt compelled to distinguish themselves.  But they most certainly did.

Offline dancer

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2021, 10:55:09 pm »
Trump has all the right enemies.  LOL 

Thank you, President Trump for restoring our national sovereignty in July of 2019.  We are no longer hamstrung by The United States Of America Corporation Act of 1871.  Thank you for ending the FED and taking back our stolen gold from foreign lands.  No more debt.  No more fiat currency.  Gold, baby.  Real currency.

Buckle up!  It will be quite a ride.  We are warned to not interfere with our military as it goes about it's business in rounding up despots in cities all across our nation.  Stay home and out of their way.

The military is the only way to take out the Swamp and it's enablers.   We've all longed to see justice.
Hopefully, it is finally here and they are all exposing themselves right before our eyes.  Bring it.

This coup against voters must end so that we can have honest elections.  Imagine our nation run by the law and order as upheld in our Constitution.   :patriot:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2021, 10:56:25 pm »
I can tell you how he unmasked them. It wasn't necessarily intentional.

Well sorta, I bet... But that presumes that everyone against Tump is the enemy... Plenty I am sure are against Tump because... Tump.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2021, 12:41:49 am »
Yes the GOP has spent around the same amount on COVID as was spent throughout World War II.  They are New Dealers.
Actually the government was quite a bit smaller in 1940 than it is now.  And is it any wonder.  Trump pilloried conservatives who wanted to reform entitlements.  He encouraged them to blow another trillion on infrastructure, trillions on defense, another $1,400 per head on COVID welfare, and lord only knows how much he would have spent over the next four years.  When Obama was in the White House they shut down the government.  What happened?

This transformation enabled the dems to move even further to the left.  I don't know if they have always been racist authoritarians, or if they just felt compelled to distinguish themselves.  But they most certainly did.
Its funny, depending upon the subject Trump was either an evil potentate who bent everyone to his immense will or a buffoon who couldn't keep from being impeached, endlessly investigated and run down in the press by members of his own team. I get it, where the budget is concerned he's the omnipotent sovereign.

Reagan was criticized for the same reasons in his first term - overspending. Yet I’ve never heard anyone accuse him of driving the gop to the left.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 01:01:29 am by skeeter »

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2021, 04:20:29 pm »
Roamer succeeded in demonizing Trump and won't criticize Biden.  Bidens utopia is fully owned by Roamer though he is so shy to take a bow for accomplishing that.  Give the devil his due people!  More denial is not going to help anything, but continue to make things worse.  Roamer and Biden won, even a fool can figure out that much, TRUMP WAS DEFEATED.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2021, 04:23:14 pm »
Roamer succeeded in demonizing Trump and won't criticize Biden.  Bidens utopia is fully owned by Roamer though he is so shy to take a bow for accomplishing that.  Give the devil his due people!  More denial is not going to help anything, but continue to make things worse.  Roamer and Biden won, even a fool can figure out that much, TRUMP WAS DEFEATED.

HAHAHAHAHA! What a dumass thing to say.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2021, 05:20:55 pm »
roamer:
HAHAHAHAHA! What a dumass thing to say.

christian:
How well said indeed!
What a dumass............
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online Hoodat

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2021, 05:22:10 pm »

Maybe if Trump had been Conservative, he would have won Conservative votes.  Ever think about that?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2021, 05:37:00 pm »
Republican senators are wrestling over what they want their party’s future relationship with Donald Trump to be after he leaves office on Wednesday.

I hope they do it. Let the bastards expose themselves in public as being Jr Dims and be done with it. Once they cast their votes,there will be no turning back from it or excuse making possible.

Don't ya love it when traitors expose themselves?

BTW,they are NOT traitors because they vote against Trump. They are traitors because they will be voting AGAINST America.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!