Author Topic: Biden pushing to cancel Keystone XL pipeline as soon as he takes office: reports  (Read 345 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden pushing to cancel Keystone XL pipeline as soon as he takes office: reports
By Joseph Choi - 01/18/21 09:04 AM EST

President-elect Joe Biden is reportedly planning on cancelling the permit for the $8 billion Keystone XL pipeline on his first day in office.

The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) first reported the news on Sunday after it obtained an apparent briefing note from Biden’s transition team. On the list of executive actions meant for Biden’s first day in office "Rescind Keystone XL pipeline permit" reportedly shows up.

As the outlet notes, Biden indicated months ago that he planned on cancelling the pipeline, though supporters of the project had been hoping he would change his mind. The project crosses over the U.S.-Canada border and has the support of the Canadian government.

"The Government of Canada continues to support the Keystone XL project and the benefits that it will bring to both Canada and the United States," Canada's U.S. Ambassador Kirsten Hillman said in a statement.

"Not only has the project itself changed significantly since it was first proposed, but Canada's oilsands production has also changed significantly. Per-barrel oilsands GHG emissions have dropped 31 per cent since 2000, and innovation will continue to drive progress."

Biden's transition team did not immediately respond when asked about the report.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/534675-biden-pushing-to-cancel-keystone-xl-pipeline-as-soon-as-he
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Let's all welcome back the $5.00 gallon of gasoline ...  And kiss America's energy independence goodbye

And there's more stupid coming ...

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
If people didn't like getting kicked in the nuttsw by democrats they wouldn't have elected Biden, who made it clear he would take us back to Obama days and make them even worse.  E NJOY
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
RinVa mourns:
"Let's all welcome back the $5.00 gallon of gasoline ...  And kiss America's energy independence goodbye"

$5.00 ???
Did you say, $5.00?

You're gonna WISH it was "back at $5."

Because they're gonna tack on a "green tax" of $4, $5 or $6 PER GALLON on top of whatever the refined/pump price already is.

Which could end up being 'way more than "five" once all the fossil fuel production (at least on public lands/leases) has been shut down by the green commies...

If people didn't like getting kicked in the nuttsw by democrats they wouldn't have elected Biden, who made it clear he would take us back to Obama days and make them even worse.  E NJOY

The people reelected Donald J. Trump @christian   This is what will make the next couple of years almost unbearable.

Offline LMAO

And there's more stupid coming ...

This probably explains the urgency to squash dissent
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
virginia, the wrongs had to be,needed to be righted, and most stood idly by.  This election certainly could have turned out differently.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions