Author Topic: Walmart's outgoing e-commerce chief: The next 'big revolution' is in the refrigerator  (Read 529 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/marc-lore-on-the-future-of-e-commerce-in-the-home-210925395.html

<snipit>

Walmart's outgoing e-commerce chief Marc Lore, who joined the retail behemoth after its $3.3 billion acquisition of Jet.com in 2016, says the next revolution in e-commerce will be direct to the shopper's refrigerator and keeping it stocked.

In a conversation with Yahoo Finance on Friday, Lore highlighted that Walmart, the world's largest retailer, has begun leveraging its biggest competitive advantage — its store fleet — to fulfill its e-commerce orders.

"I think the evolution of and building that muscle is to go directly to the refrigerator, and eventually get to a point where people are just kept in stock of the things that they want, and I think Walmart is uniquely positioned to be able to pull that off. And I think that'll be a big revolution," Lore told Yahoo Finance.

Critical to Walmart's e-commerce playbook of “playing offense” is leveraging its "unique assets" of more than 4,700 stores in the U.S. Approximately 90% of the U.S. population lives within 10 miles of a Walmart. Lore noted that Walmart has leaned into last-mile delivery from its supercenter stores.

At the 2019 shareholders meeting, Walmart debuted its InHome Delivery service, in which a “vetted” associate acts as a personal shopper by delivering grocery orders to private homes using smart lock technology. The service is available in select markets. This spring, Walmart will test a refrigerated smart box technology in partnership with HomeValet for participating customers in Bentonville, Arkansas, to receive grocery orders at any time, even when no one is home.

===================================================================================

Maybe I am too private a person, but the thought of (1) rummaging through my fridge (2) when I am not home.....   Well just doesn't appeal to me.  In kind of an infomral poll, how many of you out there would allow or want Walmart to do "Store to Fridge" service?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline thackney

Maybe I am too private a person, but the thought of (1) rummaging through my fridge (2) when I am not home.....   Well just doesn't appeal to me.  In kind of an infomral poll, how many of you out there would allow or want Walmart to do "Store to Fridge" service?[/color]

My home in general would be off limits.  Unless cleaning the fridge is part of the services....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
My home in general would be off limits.  Unless cleaning the fridge is part of the services....

And cleaning the bathrooms.  Then we can talk Wallyworld people.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Well one step to the it takes a village idiot approach, just think you come home from a long hot day at work and reach in for an ice cold beer and all you find is V8, milk and water along with a note about the risks of alcoholism. Steak, not healthy you get veggie burgers and chickensorry no chicken it's a living being.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I don't let anyone in my home if I am not there, and actually you would be extremely lucky to get in even if I was home. It's not that I have anything against people as a rule but after close to 4 decades of of customer service related jobs I was left with a very strong opinion, I don't like people and to be fair they probably don't like me.

Offline dfwgator

What could possibly go wrong?

Online mountaineer

It's a safe bet no Walmart employee ever will enter my home unless, as noted, they're there to clean the toilets or repair the washer. Since they don't offer those services, I'm back to "it's a safe bet no Walmart employee ever will enter my home"
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org