Author Topic: FBI vetting National Guard troops in DC amid fears of insider attack  (Read 2653 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

FBI vetting National Guard troops in DC amid fears of insider attack
Fox 10 Phoenix, Jan 17, 2021. 10:26 PM ET

WASHINGTON - U.S. defense officials say they are worried about an insider attack or other threat from service members involved in securing President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration, prompting the FBI to vet all of the 25,000 National Guard troops coming into Washington for the event.

The massive undertaking reflects the extraordinary security concerns that have gripped Washington following the deadly Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol by pro-Trump rioters. And it underscores fears that some of the very people assigned to protect the city over the next several days could present a threat to the incoming president and other VIPs in attendance.

Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy told The Associated Press on Sunday that officials are conscious of the potential threat, and he warned commanders to be on the lookout for any problems within their ranks as the inauguration approaches. So far, however, he and other leaders say they have seen no evidence of any threats, and officials said the vetting hadn’t flagged any issues.

"We’re continually going through the process, and taking second, third looks at every one of the individuals assigned to this operation," McCarthy said in an interview after he and other military leaders went through an exhaustive, three-hour security drill in preparation for Wednesday’s inauguration. He said Guard members are also getting training on how to identify potential insider threats.

Multiple officials said the process began as the first Guard troops began deploying to D.C. more than a week ago. And they said it is slated to be complete by Wednesday.

"The question is, is that all of them? Are there others?" said McCarthy. "We need to be conscious of it and we need to put all of the mechanisms in place to thoroughly vet these men and women who would support any operations like this."

More: https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/fbi-vetting-national-guard-troops-in-dc-amid-fears-of-insider-attack

Re: FBI vetting National Guard troops in DC amid fears of insider attack
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 04:29:58 am »
The massive undertaking reflects the extraordinary security concerns that have gripped Washington following the deadly Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol

The American Marxists have coopted two words:  "insurrection" (which was legitimately happening this past summer) and "coup" (which was legitimately happening from Jan 20, 2017).  In four hours they completely flipped the criminals to the victims.

I hope our side realizes how badly beaten we are.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 04:36:32 am by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 04:40:15 am »
Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

Don’t ask don’t tell is back

For conservatives

And not just in the military

11:11 PM · Jan 17, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1351019390037340162

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 04:49:35 am »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2021, 05:05:02 am »
Cool, who is vetting the FBI?

Offline dancer

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2021, 06:59:26 am »
Something was going down in the Capitol early Sunday morning.
There was a blackout and videos of emergency vehicles on the scene.

Pic here:

https://twitter.com/AxiomMatrix/status/1350349944146821120

Then there were reports that PDJT said there was an emergency and he
vacated his family and staff from the White House and they were boarding
AF1.  Of course, that info is now gone.  @Jack doing his censoring thing.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2021, 03:31:52 pm »
Jack Posobiec  @JackPosobiec
Has any elected Republican spoken out about the illegal and outrageous 'vetting' of National Guard for conservative sentiments?
This a massive violation of the civil rights of our troops.
And no one is standing up for them.
10:11 AM · Jan 18, 2021

Rising serpent  @rising_serpent
Joe Biden doesn't trust American soldiers guarding the inauguration, but he's totally fine with thousands of unidentified foreigners pouring in through the southern border.
12:27 AM · Jan 18, 2021·

Robby Starbuck  @robbystarbuck
The FBI is vetting the 25,000 National Guard troops in D.C. to ensure that they‘ll be sufficiently loyal to Joe Biden & Kamala Harris. A military loyalty test based on their background and social media. Essentially a social credit score like China. This is communism. Vile.
10:26 AM · Jan 18, 2021·

David Reaboi   @davereaboi
I wonder if the smarter lunatics realize what they’re doing to the military and the country with this shit?
“I can’t trust the military not to kill me” says more about you than it does the military.
12:59 AM · Jan 18, 2021·

Jim Hanson    @JimHansonDC
Thank you for your service
Please turn over your phone & social media passwords
Here is a loyalty statement to #BidenHarris & a Wokeness purity oath for you to sign
Welcome to life #UnderDemocratRule
10:16 AM · Jan 18, 2021·
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 04:10:27 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2021, 03:41:58 pm »
@amuse  @amuse
Biden’s transition team has revealed there is a very real fear that members of the national guard who support President Trump might kill Biden during the inauguration so they’ve asked commanders to confiscate all ammo and magazines from the soldiers. See photo:

8:43 AM · Jan 17, 2021

Replying to   @amuse
2/ Biden’s transition team asked if it would be possible to determine which soldiers voted in GOP primaries or who have contributed to GOP candidates so commanders could station them away from the president-elect. The request was refused fueling their fear of attack.

3/ When I was in the Marines we were called to LA for the riots. We couldn’t carry ammo. All we had were empty M16-A2s and our humvees.

4/ Biden’s fears started with his Secret Service detail, he had every agent on the White House detailed demoted as he worried about their loyalty to Trump. Democrats think that anyone who supports Trump is a very real threat.

5/ Even @SpeakerPelosi
 is fomenting fear by falsely claiming Republican members of Congress are planning to bring guns to the inauguration to intimidate and threaten the president-elect.

6/ The Army has confirmed they’ve acquiesced to Biden’s demand for security screening for National Guard members who support President Trump.

7/ Even the AP is reporting that there is a purge of Republican soldiers from the military underway to placate president-elect Biden.

8/ The FBI has taken over vetting of the 25,000 troops. Any soldiers who believe there was election fraud are being referred for disciplinary action and removed from the Capitol.
Full thread and links to news stories supporting the poster's assertions may be seen

at Twitter
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2021, 03:51:19 pm »
It's just a matter of time before those who are vetted as being loyal to the Dim Regime will be given special uniforms,and much higher pay level,and be permanently based in a new unit in DC.

They will also have new "Rules of Engagement" that will apply to no one else in the US military,or to any LEO agency.

I'm hoping Harris has them dressed as pimps once Slow Joe "accidentally" dies in his sleep.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2021, 03:53:54 pm »
2/ Biden’s transition team asked if it would be possible to determine which soldiers voted in GOP primaries or who have contributed to GOP candidates so commanders could station them away from the president-elect. The request was refused fueling their fear of attack.

I am guessing this will result in almost all of them claiming they voted for Trump.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2021, 03:55:04 pm »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2021, 03:55:26 pm »
I am shocked at how fast things are going to sh*t.

I expect another staged event at the inauguration to justify all of this theater. Imagine what the rats will do to gun owners if some yahoo shoots up the mall on Wednesday.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 03:58:22 pm by skeeter »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2021, 03:57:51 pm »
@Bigun

Well,I tried,but my response was blocked.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2021, 03:58:59 pm »
I am shocked at how fast things are going to sh*t.

I expect another staged event at the inauguration to justify all of this theater.

@skeeter

It can,and probably will,still happen. Which will give them an excuse to double down.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2021, 04:05:07 pm »
For What It's Worth Joe
Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep...
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2021, 04:20:29 pm »
@Bigun

Well,I tried,but my response was blocked.

Oops!  Sorry about that!  Apparently I hit the wrong button at some point. Please try again. @sneakypete
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2021, 04:31:37 pm »
I guess we're in their brains now huh?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2021, 04:39:49 pm »
So what consititutes a NG threat for this inauguration ?  Any Trump voter?  Anyone NG soldier saying anything negative on social media about Biden?

Things are getting uglier by the minute.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2021, 04:58:16 pm »
Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

All of this is very, very illegal. And completely insane. Of course CNN village idiot @JimSciutto is peddling it.

Tom Elliott
@tomselliott

@RepCohen on his concerns w/ the National Guard securing the Inauguration: “The [National] Guard is 90 some-odd percent male; and only about 20 percent of white males voted for Biden … there are probably not more than 25% of the people there protecting us that voted for Biden”.

Video:

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1351201081402011648

11:13 AM · Jan 18, 2021·Twitter Web App

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2021, 05:01:28 pm »
Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

All of this is very, very illegal. And completely insane. Of course CNN village idiot @JimSciutto is peddling it.

Number of POTUS shot by active military in 245 years?  ZERO

This left wing ginning up of some military conspiracy is utterly ridiculous.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2021, 05:05:02 pm »
Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

Gee what other examples of governments who vetted their soldiers by their political loyalties can we think of?

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2021, 05:11:52 pm »
Gee what other examples of governments who vetted their soldiers by their political loyalties can we think of?

I suppose those who are sufficiently loyal will be organized as an inner Praetorian Guard; Leibstandarte Joe Biden.

Yet "the narrative" for four years has been that Trump was all about loyalty rather than Constitutionality.
James 1:20

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2021, 05:15:09 pm »
Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

The soldiers guarding the Capitol have been vetted more than the guy getting inaugurated

11:10 PM · Jan 17, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1351019104325525507

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2021, 05:59:05 pm »
FBI Vetting National Guard Assigned to Secure D.C., Biden Inauguration

Penny Starr 18 Jan 2021

Officials in charge of securing the District of Columbia and the inauguration of President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris are vetting National Guard troops because of fears some could be supportive of protests against the results of the 2020 election.

That is a considerable task considering an estimated 25,000 National Guard will be stationed in the District for days before and after the event.

The Associated Press interviewed Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy about the development:

The massive undertaking reflects the extraordinary security concerns that have gripped Washington following the deadly Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol by pro-Trump rioters. And it underscores fears that some of the very people assigned to protect the city over the next several days could present a threat to the incoming president and other VIPs in attendance.

In a situation like this one, FBI vetting would involve running peoples’ names through databases and watchlists maintained by the bureau to see if anything alarming comes up. That could include involvement in prior investigations or terrorism-related concerns, said David Gomez, a former FBI national security supervisor in Seattle.

Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy told The Associated Press on Sunday that officials are conscious of the potential threat, and he warned commanders to be on the lookout for any problems within their ranks as the inauguration approaches. So far, however, he and other leaders say they have seen no evidence of any threats, and officials said the vetting hadn’t flagged any issues that they were aware of.

“We’re continually going through the process, and taking second, third looks at every one of the individuals assigned to this operation,” McCarthy told the AP after he and other military official conducted a three-hour military drill.

“The question is, is that all of them? Are there others?” McCarthy said. “We need to be conscious of it and we need to put all of the mechanisms in place to thoroughly vet these men and women who would support any operations like this.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/law-and-order/2021/01/18/fbi-vetting-national-guard-assigned-to-secure-d-c-biden-inauguration/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2021, 06:02:17 pm »
1st act as CIC impacting field soldiers.....

I don't trust you.