Author Topic: Incoming CDC director expects 500,000 coronavirus deaths by mid-February  (Read 451 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Incoming CDC director expects 500,000 coronavirus deaths by mid-February
By Justine Coleman - 01/17/21 06:27 PM EST

The incoming Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) director said Sunday that she expects the U.S. will reach 500,000 COVID-19 deaths by mid-February.

Rochelle Walensky, President-elect Joe Biden’s named CDC director, told CBS News’ “Face The Nation” that she “unfortunately” agrees with outgoing CDC Director Robert Redfield that the pandemic is going to get worse.

She noted the U.S. has reached nearly 4,000 deaths a day and almost 400,000 coronavirus deaths total.

“By the middle of February we expect half a million deaths in this country,” she said.

Walensky emphasized that those numbers do not account for the “tens of thousands” of people who recovered from COVID-19 but have an “uncharacterized syndrome.” She also said the U.S. has not yet seen “the ramifications of what happened from the holiday travel,” which the incoming director said will lead to “high rates of hospitalizations and deaths thereafter.”

“I think we still have some dark weeks ahead,” she said.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/534653-incoming-cdc-director-expects-500000-coronavirus-deaths-by-mid-february
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Incoming CDC director expects 500,000 coronavirus deaths by mid-February
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 03:50:52 am »
Bless her optimistic little heart.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline thackney

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 04:18:58 pm »
Highly likely, even if the death rate levels off, instead of continuing to climb like it has over the last couple months.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-deaths
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 04:21:47 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 04:21:23 pm »
During the debates, Biden predicted 440,000 by Jan 1.  Haven't seen any press follow-ups on that yet.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2021, 04:23:12 pm »
Of course there remains the question of whether counting those who die 'with Covid' along with those who die 'from Covid' provides a realistic impression.

Online deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2021, 04:24:09 pm »
“Incoming CDC director expects 500,000 coronavirus deaths by mid-February”

Longs for, more like it.
For all you've given Lord, I stand amazed.
Salvation covers me, forever changed!
In all I could not be, You met every need!
My sin, my broken life, Your cross, Your sacrifice
My hopelessness, my shame, Your faithfulness,  Your grace
The greatest mystery, Your awesome love for me.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2021, 04:26:00 pm »
Longs for, more like it.

Every person over 65 who dies from Covid means one less Social Security check the government has to pay out.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2021, 02:43:24 am »
And just like that no died of the flu, coronary disease, cancer, poisons, accidents, suicide or homicide.