Author Topic: Pardon-seekers have paid Trump allies tens of thousands to lobby president: NYT  (Read 223 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pardon-seekers have paid Trump allies tens of thousands to lobby president: NYT
By Justine Coleman - 01/17/21 09:23 PM EST

Pardon-seekers and those lobbying on their behalf have paid allies of President Trump tens of thousands of dollars to press the president to grant clemency, The New York Times reported on Sunday.

The Times, citing documents and interviews with more than three dozen lobbyists and lawyers, reported that pushes for pardons have intensified as people realized Trump’s challenges to the election would not be effective and as his presidency has reached its final days.

Former federal prosecutor Brett Tolman, who has advised the Trump administration on pardons, is among those collecting tens of thousands of dollars in recent weeks to ask the president to lobby several people, including a son of a former Arkansas senator, the founder of online drug marketplace Silk Road and a Manhattan woman who pleaded guilty for fraud, according to the Times.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/534662-pardon-seekers-have-paid-trump-allies-tens-of-thousands-to-lobby
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I don't believe anything the NYT's prints.

My first reaction to this is that in some way the Dems will try to retract these pardons made by the President claiming it is illegal to pay/bribe an official for a pardon..especially if they are people the Dems hate [which is just about everyone].
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
NEED one more magnificent trolling.

Please pardon Hunter Biden, Eric Swalwell, Barack Obama, James Comey, Joe Scarborough, Hillary Clinton, et al :0001:
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021