Author Topic: Double Chocolate Sourdough Brownies  (Read 546 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Double Chocolate Sourdough Brownies
« on: January 18, 2021, 01:02:33 am »
The Gingered Whisk by Jenni

Sourdough brownies are an ultra fudgy, and rich and delicious dessert that uses your sourdough discard. They are easy and quick to make, so you can enjoy them whenever you have sourdough discard to use. A great recipe to use your sourdough starter!

Ingredients

•   Â¾ cup bittersweet chocolate, chopped
•   Â½ cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces (1 stick)
•   Â½ cup sugar
•   1 teaspoon salt
•   1 teaspoon vanilla extract
•   2 whole eggs, room temperature
•   Â½ cup 100% hydration sourdough starter discard, room temperature
•   Â¼ cup cocoa powder

Instructions

1.   Preheat oven to 325 F
2.   Line a metal 9x9 square baking pan with parchment paper and coat the paper in butter (if you leave some hanging over the edges, it makes it really easy to lift the brownies out of the pan!).
3.   In a double broiler, saucepan, or the microwave, melt the chocolate and butter. Stir it often so it does not burn.
4.   Pour the melted chocolate/butter into a large bowl.
5.   Whisk in the sugar, salt and vanilla.
6.   Add the eggs one at a time, whisking to combine each addition.
7.   Sift the cocoa powder over the chocolate and stir to combine.
8.   Add the starter and stir gently until it is completely incorporated and you don't see any streaks of starter.
9.   Place the batter into the prepared pan evenly and bake for about 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
10.   Cool in the pan 20 minutes (this is the hardest part), lift the parchment paper out and allow to cool the rest of the way on a wire rack.
11.   When cool completely, cut into squares and enjoy!

Notes

Make sure you do not overbake these brownies!
For more cake like brownies, use the full amount of sourdough discard. For denser, chewier brownies, user about ¼ cup instead of the full amount.

More: https://thegingeredwhisk.com/mega-chocolate-sourdough-brownies/

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Double Chocolate Sourdough Brownies
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 01:33:22 am »
Looks great!  We have a ton of starter laying around, because we've been trying our hands at the bread....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 01:38:44 am »
 I checked my provisions and I have everything, so I'm going to give it a try. I'll just have to substitute semi-sweet for bittersweet chocolate.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 02:56:56 am »
I would think, that sourdough is not compatible with brownie taste.  That is just me.  One can also put in beet juice/ beet puree into brownies.  You can't tell, but adds more nutrition.  Same with spinach, cauliflower. 

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 12:31:59 am »
I made the sourdough brownies. And No Way was I going to add any beets, or spinach, or cauliflower.

I have a hankerin' now to try out that sourdough kolache recipe.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2021, 12:38:42 am »
I made the sourdough brownies. And No Way was I going to add any beets, or spinach, or cauliflower.

I have a hankerin' now to try out that sourdough kolache recipe.

Beets, spinach and cauliflower?  No way is right!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.