Author Topic: America’s Biggest Owner Of Farmland Is Now Bill Gates  (Read 433 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
America’s Biggest Owner Of Farmland Is Now Bill Gates
« on: January 17, 2021, 04:54:41 pm »
Jan 14, 2021,03:09pm EST

Ariel Shapiro

Bill Gates, the fourth richest person in the world and a self-described nerd who is known for his early programming skills rather than his love of the outdoors, has been quietly snatching up 242,000 acres of farmland across the U.S. — enough to make him the top private farmland owner in America.

After years of reports that he was purchasing agricultural land in places like Florida and Washington, The Land Report revealed that Gates, who has a net worth of nearly $121 billion according to Forbes, has built up a massive farmland portfolio spanning 18 states. His largest holdings are in Louisiana (69,071 acres), Arkansas (47,927 acres) and Nebraska (20,588 acres). Additionally, he has a stake in 25,750 acres of transitional land on the west side of Phoenix, Arizona, which is being developed as a new suburb.

According to The Land Report’s research, the land is held directly and through third-party entities by Cascade Investments, Gates’ personal investment vehicle. Cascade’s other investments include food-safety company Ecolab, used-car retailer Vroom and Canadian National Railway.

While it may be surprising that a tech billionaire would also be the biggest farmland owner in the country, this is not Gates’ only foray into agriculture. In 2008, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation announced $306 million in grants to promote high-yield, sustainable agriculture among smallholder farmers in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia. The foundation has further invested in the development and proliferation of “super crops” resistant to climate change and higher-yield dairy cows. Last year, the organization announced Gates Ag One, a nonprofit to advance those efforts.

more
https://www.forbes.com/sites/arielshapiro/2021/01/14/americas-biggest-owner-of-farmland-is-now-bill-gates-bezos-turner/?sh=4ed7fb046096
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Re: America’s Biggest Owner Of Farmland Is Now Bill Gates
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 07:05:58 pm »
Jan 14, 2021,03:09pm EST

Actually not a bad investment to be in, in case of a economic collapse.  In addition to the farmland we already have, and I am getting interested in adding holding via Farmland REITs. One of the two out there is yielding 3%. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 07:27:02 pm »
I posted a similar article about this awhile ago -- please merge. Thanks.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,425865.msg2364165.html#msg2364165
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 07:27:52 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2021, 07:42:17 pm »
Maybe I'm not a good Capitalist, but I have a real problem with someone, or a corporation owning too much farmland.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2021, 08:39:57 pm »
dfw wrote:
"Maybe I'm not a good Capitalist, but I have a real problem with someone, or a corporation owning too much farmland..."

Don't worry, citizen.
Within 20 years, much of it will have been collectivized.
All in the name of the people, of course...