Author Topic: Rand Paul warns Senate Republicans will 'destroy the party' if they vote to convict Trump  (Read 159 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Rand Paul warns Senate Republicans will 'destroy the party' if they vote to convict Trump

Kentucky Republican predicts a third of party voters would leave

By Valerie Richardson - The Washington Times - Saturday, January 16, 2021

Sen. Rand Paul, Kentucky Republican, warned Friday that Senate Republicans will “destroy the party” if they vote to convict President Trump.

Mr. Paul, who previously condemned the U.S. Capitol rioting and voted against objections to the 2020 presidential election, said one-third of voters would leave if Senate Republicans get behind the “insane and wrongheaded” impeachment push.

“Look, I didn’t agree with the fight that happened last week, and I voted against overturning the election, but at the same time, the impeachment is a wrongheaded, partisan notion,” said Mr. Paul on Fox’s “The Ingraham Angle.” “But if Republicans go along with it, it’ll destroy the party.”

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/jan/16/it-will-destroy-party-rand-paul-warns-gop-exodus-i/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34