Author Topic: Pentagon officials confirm break from tradition, will not host Armed Forces Farewell tribute to Trum  (Read 439 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pentagon officials confirm break from tradition, will not host Armed Forces Farewell tribute to Trump
January 16, 2021 | Vivek Saxena

This year, for the first time since its inception in 1989, the Armed Forces Farewell event will reportedly not be held for an outgoing president.

“The Pentagon, in a break with recent tradition, will not host an Armed Forces Farewell tribute to President Donald Trump. … Two senior defense officials confirmed … Thursday that no military farewell is being planned for the commander in chief,” Defense One reported Thursday.

No reason was specified for the break in tradition. It’s also not clear whether the event was canceled by military brass or by the president himself. The latter scenario seems unlikely given his love for the military.

What’s known is that the president plans to hold his own “farewell” event on the morning of President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/01/16/pentagon-officials-confirm-break-from-tradition-will-not-host-armed-forces-farewell-tribute-to-trump-1017238/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Disrespect the man who rebuilt your military from scratch ("we're out of bullets") and go on to honor the scum who decimated it.

This is going to be a rough four years. 

Offline skeeter

Disrespect the man who rebuilt your military from scratch ("we're out of bullets") and go on to honor the scum who decimated it.

This over the top hatred for the man the State is exhibiting has got to offend most peoples' basic sense of human fairness.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
Didn't they lie to him about the numbers of US troops deployed in the Middle East, in order to avoid carrying out his orders?

Were I him I wouldn't be interested in their "Farewell Tribute."
James 1:20

Online roamer_1

That is not said yet @Right_in_Virginia ... It could easy be that Tumpy himself is behind it, preferring his own hootenany to the pomp of departure. It sounds like he will be in FL that day, so...

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
IIRC they usually do this days prior to the inauguration of the new president.

This isn't the troops this is the big brass at the Pentagon doing this. I am sure the troops would love to do it.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

IIRC they usually do this days prior to the inauguration of the new president.

This isn't the troops this is the big brass at the Pentagon doing this. I am sure the troops would love to do it.

One would think the brass would be appreciative of having a military with bullets and planes again @mystery-ak  And a rank and file who can afford rent again.  This "brass" will be slobbering all over Biden, the #2 guy in the administration that trampled all over the military.

This is just another example of the faux honor that's infected our military.

This over the top hatred for the man the State is exhibiting has got to offend most peoples' basic sense of human fairness.

It offends mine @skeeter   I wonder what McConnell or McCarthy think it will cost them to stand --- just for 60 seconds -- in appreciation of the outgoing President from their own political party for fighting for and accomplishing so much for the American people --- and the world.  Or use the full force of their bully pulpit to insist the President of the United States is not a terrorist and has the constitutional right to communicate with the American people.

Off topic, but I still can't wrap my head around some two bit communists shutting down the President of the United States' avenues of direct communications and there is no pushback, no threats, no drumbeat to reverse this.   Love 'em or hate 'em, American Marxists would have run out of cities to burn down by now had this happened to anyone on their side.  Gotta at least admire the strength of their convictions.

Online roamer_1

Yeah, even mine. And it pisses me off that 'they' made it impossible for me to do other than rise to defend him in the end. There is an offense to me in rallying behind a man, any man, and this one in particular. But they'll stop at naught till they've made a martyr.

Online roamer_1

Sorry, I don't know what this means @roamer_1

The article itself declared it 'unclear' as to where the order came from, and that it could have come from Tump himself. And if he is blowing town before the 20th, he probably has more important things to do.

I am saying @Right_in_Virginia , that it may very well be that Tumpy didn't want it. We'll have to see if its kind, or something like it, shows up in his farewell party somehow. Similar i think, to his farewell address, which I think he will also forego.

It sounds like he is working till the last hour he can, and then blow town without any pomp or circumstance because in accepting any of that, there is admission of defeat. I think it will all be happening later, in his way, at his shindig. And I would not be surprised to see a military presence in that... Somehow 'off the books', as it were.

Offline skeeter

The article itself declared it 'unclear' as to where the order came from, and that it could have come from Tump himself. And if he is blowing town before the 20th, he probably has more important things to do.

I am saying @Right_in_Virginia , that it may very well be that Tumpy didn't want it. We'll have to see if its kind, or something like it, shows up in his farewell party somehow. Similar i think, to his farewell address, which I think he will also forego.

It sounds like he is working till the last hour he can, and then blow town without any pomp or circumstance because in accepting any of that, there is admission of defeat. I think it will all be happening later, in his way, at his shindig. And I would not be surprised to see a military presence in that... Somehow 'off the books', as it were.
I kinda hope it works out that way.

Thanks. @roamer_1

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
They're being as petty as they can to this poor man. I think this will help build his support and reputation after he leaves office however.