Author Topic: Police seized alarming number of weapons on Capitol rioters, court documents show  (Read 417 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Police seized alarming number of weapons on Capitol rioters, court documents show
By Harper Neidig - 01/16/21 09:49 AM EST

Police have seized an alarming number of guns from President Trump's supporters who descended on Washington, D.C., last week and stormed the Capitol in an effort to stop Congress's certification of the 2020 election results.

The details revealed in court documents over the past week paint a disturbing picture indicating that some of the demonstrators flocked to the Capitol prepared to carry out violence. The cases, likely only the beginning of a lengthy federal investigation, also suggest that the riot that overran the halls of Congress and left five people dead could have been much worse.

One man, Lonnie Coffman, is facing multiple weapons charges after police say they found him in possession of five guns, eleven Molotov cocktails, a crossbow, smoke bombs and a stun gun.
ADVERTISEMENT

Coffman was arrested only because police were investigating pipe bombs that were discovered near the Capitol at the Republican Party and Democratic Party headquarters and noticed one of the guns in his truck while securing the area.

Authorities have said they don't believe Coffman was behind the pipe bombs and have yet to identify a suspect.

much more
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/534329-police-seized-alarming-number-of-weapons-on-capitol-rioters-court
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Alarming? 

Gun grabbers of the liberal kind and the press find a BB gun alarming to their delicate snowflake sensibilities.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

Why do I think Lonnie is not a conservative?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Why do I think Lonnie is not a conservative?
C'mon Man! With a name like Lonnie the only thing he could be is a far right extremist militia neo nazi, AKA according to democrats, DOJ, FBI, CIA, BLM and Antifa is conservative or republican.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
 No matter how hard I try,I just can't work up any sympathy for anyone stupid enough to carry a gun to DC to participate in an anti-government protest,and go arrested for it.

That's akin to offering a lion some raw meat for lunch
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!