Author Topic: Fiat Chrysler, Groupe PSA merge to become Stellantis  (Read 377 times)

Online corbe

Fiat Chrysler, Groupe PSA merge to become Stellantis
« on: January 16, 2021, 05:35:45 pm »

Breana Noble
The Detroit News

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles is no more.

Well, the brands still exist, but the automaker producing Jeep SUVs and Ram pickups said on Saturday morning it had closed its transatlantic merger with French rival Groupe PSA. Stellantis NV is the fourth-largest automaker in the world by volume with the global footprint and scale executives hope will provide the capital to invest in technologies to stay competitive in the coming age of autonomy and electrification.

It's the third time in as many decades that Chrysler will be in the hands of another foreign entity. Stellantis, for now, retains an industry-leading 14 brands from Jeeps and Rams to Fiat minicars and Peugeot family cars and SUVs. Alfa Romeo, DS Automobiles and Maserati play in the luxury and premium segments. There's no Stellantis brand — that's just the name of the holding company.

<..snip..>

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/chrysler/2021/01/16/fiat-chrysler-groupe-psa-merge-become-stellantis/4179989001/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline thackney

Re: Fiat Chrysler, Groupe PSA merge to become Stellantis
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 06:33:45 pm »
I cannot wait to tell the cowboys at the rodeos they are driving French pickups.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 06:38:52 pm »
Peugoet?  Oh hell no...

Q: What is the difference between a Peugeot and a tampon?
A: A tampon comes with it's own tow rope.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 11:31:47 pm »

I think they spelled Shit wrong.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2021, 11:44:32 pm »
Peugoet?  Oh hell no...

Q: What is the difference between a Peugeot and a tampon?
A: A tampon comes with it's own tow rope.
@Wingnut
I have no idea about Puegeot now, especially since they told the US and it's emmissions standards tio F'off, but I had two mid 80's one gas turbo and one diesel turbo and aside from you having to have tiny hands to work on them they were great cars. As a matter of fact we found out how strong they were built when my dumbass BIL backed up a 25 foot moving van putting the corner of it in the drivers doorpushing the whole car up on the parkway, the damage was to the door skin only because the large internal brace stopped the truck from doing anymore damage. The other one saved my daughter from serious injury when a little high schooler turned left in front of her. The Peugeot's damage was stopped at the front of the engine, the other car looked like mangled scrap. I understand YMMV.