Author Topic: Rand Paul: One-third of Republicans will leave party if GOP senators go along with convicting Trump  (Read 2525 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rand Paul: One-third of Republicans will leave party if GOP senators go along with convicting Trump
by Mica Soellner, Breaking News Reporter |
 | January 15, 2021 10:57 PM

Sen. Rand Paul warned of a mass exodus from the Republican Party if GOP senators come together with Democrats to convict President Trump in a second impeachment trial, even after he leaves office next week.

The Kentucky Republican told Fox News host Laura Ingraham that he believes one-third of the party will leave if Trump's conviction comes to fruition. Paul added that he believes the second impeachment is "purely a partisan thing."

"I didn’t agree with the fight that happened last week, and I voted against overturning the election," Paul said Friday night. "But at the same time, the impeachment is a wrongheaded, partisan notion. But if Republicans go along with it, it will destroy the party. A third of the Republicans will leave the party."

Trump was impeached by the Democratic-controlled House on Wednesday after being charged with "incitement of insurrection" following the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol that left five people dead.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/rand-paul-warns-senate-conviction-will-destroy-gop
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 03:08:53 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Plan B?

Unite those 17, and attempt to kick Turtle to the curb as a threat.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Mesaclone

Rand Paul: One-third of Republicans will leave party if GOP senators go along with convicting Trump
by Mica Soellner, Breaking News Reporter |
 | January 15, 2021 10:57 PM

Sen. Rand Paul warned of a mass exodus from the Republican Party if GOP senators come together with Democrats to convict President Trump in a second impeachment trial, even after he leaves office next week.

The Kentucky Republican told Fox News host Laura Ingraham that he believes one-third of the party will leave if Trump's conviction comes to fruition. Paul added that he believes the second impeachment is "purely a partisan thing."

"I didn’t agree with the fight that happened last week, and I voted against overturning the election," Paul said Friday night. "But at the same time, the impeachment is a wrongheaded, partisan notion. But if Republicans go along with it, it will destroy the party. A third of the Republicans will leave the party."

Trump was impeached by the Democratic-controlled House on Wednesday after being charged with "incitement of insurrection" following the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol that left five people dead.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/rand-paul-warns-senate-conviction-will-destroy-gop

He's wrong. More than half of the party will leave, and it will follow the President to a new party. My hope is this impeachment thing draws only the 4-5 RINO/NT's in the Senate and dies an ignominious death...after which the President takes hold of and "purges" the GOP leadership ranks in the party. For electoral purposes, the "new" party the President leads needs to be under the title of the GOP...but that GOP has to be cleansed. Deeply cleansed.

There's no room for Liz Cheney's, Mitt Romney's, and others of that ilk...though I don't believe in purity tests, there DOES have to be a clear understanding that you do not betray conservatism simply to earn a$$kissing points with the Left...and to secure your seat in the establishment. We, as conservatives, have to be able to run a Primary, and AFTER its over, have everyone rally to the nominee...that ain't happening if that nominee is anyone from the "Kasich" wing.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online Hoodat

Only one-third?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
^^^^^^^^^
That's exactly what I thought when I read the title line.

I reckon they'd lose 60-75% or more...

Online libertybele

NO!! Not a new party but install a new government -- a coup is how this happened and a coup is hopefully how they're going to go out?? 

Ultimately who though will our military protect?? 

I'm thinking states like TX and FL will secede from the union -- maybe that is why the Trumps have decided to move to FL??

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I suspect more than a third are already gone.I know I am.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online libertybele

I suspect more than a third are already gone.I know I am.

I'm gone as well.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Idiot

Offline dfwgator

I'm already gone.

Offline LegalAmerican

I'm already gone.

DITTO and only one person died. That woman Babbit, who ANTIFA/BLM shot in the neck.  Those others deaths were just regular  deaths in D.C.  In ambulances. NOTHING TO DO WITH CAPITOL.  That number 5 is NOT CORRECT.  Anyone think, this is correct news? 

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
The democrat plan worked FLAWLESSLY, use a few RINO Republicans needed to betray Trump, knowing he is really popular, and the Republican party falls apart and the democrats get exactly what they have been demanding. One party rule, only they have the right to rule. :smokin:  Is this really the path we want to go down ?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The democrat plan worked FLAWLESSLY, use a few RINO Republicans needed to betray Trump, knowing he is really popular, and the Republican party falls apart and the democrats get exactly what they have been demanding. One party rule, only they have the right to rule. :smokin: Is this really the path we want to go down ?

@christian

What does what Americans with traditional American values of independence and freedom want have to do with what we are getting?

ESPECIALLY when you compare us to the "professional government check recipient voter" that is the Dim Party base voter?

Very few of us left,and most of us are geezers that are slowly dying out,while more of the professional parasites of the "gimme generations" are being born every day.

Offline christian

Us old geezers stood aside when the democrat commies started pushing Communism and Islam, while attacking Christianity in schools and government , and accepted schools brainwashing and indoctrinating our children.  Us old geezers are NOT blameless, how our children are turning out is not some mysterious magic.  It is still reported the brainwashing, even forced indoctrination and religious forcing of our children in schools like Islam.  What has happened to our defenseless children followed the baby holocaust of our children.  I see no innocence in all of this, but the coming of a very angry wrathful God coming and his handiwork already making itself known.  Good is rejected and wickedness becoming normal/acceptance.  FEAR of the LORD will make itself known.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 10:27:29 am by christian »

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
christian wrote:
"Us old geezers stood aside when the democrat commies started pushing Communism and Islam, while attacking Christianity in schools and government , and accepted schools brainwashing and indoctrinating our children.  Us old geezers are NOT blameless, how our children are turning out is not some mysterious magic."

This goes back almost 60 years.
A line I recall:
"The fault, dear Brutus, lies not in our stars... but in ourselves."

The traditional-minded white-folk Americans could have put a stop to this early on.
But... they didn't.
Now there's a price to be paid for their refusal to do so.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
christian wrote:
"Us old geezers stood aside when the democrat commies started pushing Communism and Islam, while attacking Christianity in schools and government , and accepted schools brainwashing and indoctrinating our children.  Us old geezers are NOT blameless, how our children are turning out is not some mysterious magic."

This goes back almost 60 years.
A line I recall:
"The fault, dear Brutus, lies not in our stars... but in ourselves."

The traditional-minded white-folk Americans could have put a stop to this early on.
But... they didn't.
Now there's a price to be paid for their refusal to do so.

Actually, it goes back way further than that.  Unknown to many, because public skrool textbooks will surely never tell you, is the FACT that Mr. Lincoln's Army was full of people who had formerly led failed Communist revolutions all over Europe around 1848 and escaped to the USA a half step ahead of the hangman. Historians call these people Fortyeighters for obvious reasons.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Us old geezers stood aside when the democrat commies started pushing Communism and Islam, while attacking Christianity in schools and government , and accepted schools brainwashing and indoctrinating our children.  Us old geezers are NOT blameless, how our children are turning out is not some mysterious magic.  It is still reported the brainwashing, even forced indoctrination and religious forcing of our children in schools like Islam.  What has happened to our defenseless children followed the baby holocaust of our children.  I see no innocence in all of this, but the coming of a very angry wrathful God coming and his handiwork already making itself known.  Good is rejected and wickedness becoming normal/acceptance.  FEAR of the LORD will make itself known.

@christian

Gimme a break! Jesus was the original communist. Stalin and his pals didn't ban the Christian Churches in Russia and close them all down like the lies we were told,they  just made "Russian Orthodox Priest" a KGB career field. Who better to take the confessions of the clueless?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I'm gone as well.
Hell, I've left the USA.  Now I support only my state, Texas.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online roamer_1

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

since '07 and aging like a good Kentucky whiskey.

Offline christian

Hey sneakypete.
 How was i not informed Jesus was the first Commie ?  I read the Bible from the first word to the last and never came across that.  Is that from a czarist point of view or a Lenin ?  As the Commies are now moving fast to take away guns from the populace, is that WWJD too ?  Explains more and more how his last election went, eh?  You know when they take over the stooges are the first to be lined up against the wall and shot, right?
Maybe Communists got it wrong somewhere, as Jesus never lined up UNARMED people against walls and murdered them by the millions, eh?
Did you notice they are moving to disarm people in America now ?  Getting ready to Communise America?  Won't it be such a surprise when the necessary/needed purging begins in earnest?

Offline christian

sneakypete:
Gimme a break! Jesus was the original communist. Stalin and his pals didn't ban the Christian Churches in Russia and close them all down like the lies we were told,they  just made "Russian Orthodox Priest" a KGB career field. Who better to take the confessions of the clueless?

christian:
So Jesus was a Russian Commie and America was the liars and Communists were the pure virtuous Saints?  sneaky, you are just too sneaky!  What indoctrination Commissar camp did you graduate from ?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Hey sneakypete.

How was i not informed Jesus was the first Commie ? 

@christian

Because your dogma won't allow you to accept it.

I read the Bible from the first word to the last and never came across that.

So what? When was the Bible first published,and when was the first Communist Party organized?

And WHY do you think the Communists of today hate Christians so much?

Or,AFATG,why organized Christian dogma has so much hatred for communism?

It's because they are both selling the same product,and like every other business,they hate competition.

Offline dfwgator

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

since '07 and aging like a good Kentucky whiskey.

Maybe Joe Walsh (the musician, not the idiot Never Trumper) can run for President.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Maybe Joe Walsh (the musician, not the idiot Never Trumper) can run for President.

Anecdotal mid '70's rememberance.  Saw Joe Walsh and I guess his band at a 24 hour coffee shop after a concert. 
I'll just say in my entire lifetime, I don't remember seeing a person that wasted.  He was eating food with his hands (not Hamburgers mind you) That table looked like a scene from Animal House.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I got a head start on the exodus!  I finally left the party in 2016 during the convention when they changed the rules midstream so as to prevent any conservative nominations in the future.

Now I've left the country as well. Texas is my only country now.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien