Author Topic: Americans Supposedly Just Voted for Only Electric Vehicles  (Read 2544 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Americans Supposedly Just Voted for Only Electric Vehicles
« on: January 16, 2021, 12:09:11 am »
The Post & Email by Duggan Flanakin 1/15/2021

THE "BIG SWITCH" WILL COST TRILLIONS AND MASSIVELY CHANGE AMERICA – NOT FOR THE BETTER

The election of Joe Biden, Kamala Harris and their ultra-progressive cabinet will hasten the death of the internal combustion engine in the United States, despite the nearly even party split in the House and Senate. They will just take their narrow victory as a license to implement all manner of decisions in the name of saving the planet. Or so we’re told. And maybe they’re right.

President-elect Biden has promised his $2-trillion “climate change” plan will include “rigorous new fuel economy standards aimed at ensuring that 100% of new sales for light- and medium-duty vehicles will be zero emission vehicles (ZEVs).” VP-elect Harris has called for beginning this ban by 2035, perhaps even sooner, if they can maintain their momentum for fundamentally transforming America.

Once the sale of new gasoline engine vehicles is banned, the only question remaining is, How long before driving such vehicles is also outlawed? Harris has promised that, under “my plan, by 2045 we will have basically zero emission vehicles only. 100% by 2045.”

Of course, that means zero emissions in the USA, assuming all electricity generation is also zero-emission for charging batteries – despite enormous emission increases in places where battery minerals are mined and processed, and batteries are manufactured (which likely won’t be in America). 

To jumpstart the government-mandated transformation of the 99.5% of US vehicles that are not yet ZEVs, Biden ally Sen. Chuck Schumer plans to introduce legislation authorizing $454 billion “cash for clunkers” incentives or rebates, to help people replace gasoline-powered vehicles with super-expensive all-electric vehicles (EVs). Schumer’s plan also includes building a half million new EV battery charging stations, and replacing the entire US government  vehicle fleet with EVs.

More: https://www.thepostemail.com/2021/01/15/americans-supposedly-just-voted-for-only-electric-vehicles/

Offline libertybele

Re: Americans Supposedly Just Voted for Only Electric Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 12:14:27 am »
I'll be damned!  I saved and saved and saved for a new vehicle for my retirement.  I'm not trading it in for an electric piece of crap that I have recharge.  I also have a 10 year warranty.

So ... should I assume that gasoline prices will go through the roof? Or perhaps you won't be able to buy gas.

2045 is 24 years away ... I'll probably be a pile of ashes or 6' under anyways.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mikezpen

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 12:30:57 am »
Now tell me that politically-connected firms and individuals aren't going lo make a fortune out of this and other Democrat schemes.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 12:40:54 am »
I'll be damned!  I saved and saved and saved for a new vehicle for my retirement.  I'm not trading it in for an electric piece of crap that I have recharge.  I also have a 10 year warranty.

So ... should I assume that gasoline prices will go through the roof? Or perhaps you won't be able to buy gas.

2045 is 24 years away ... I'll probably be a pile of ashes or 6' under anyways.

Electric vehicle, no thanks. If I have to beat it out of town I wanna be able to keep driving and not have to worry about finding charging stations. A full tank and four 5 gallon containers in the back and I can almost make it to the Mississippi.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2021, 02:49:51 am »
I'll never say never, but it will probably be long after I'm dead that all-electric vehicles completely take over.
I seriously doubt that within 25 years internal combustion engines will disappear. Only electric cars is like the flying car dream....highly impractical.
Electric cars will need stronger, far more efficient batteries to equal the performance of IC engines. Nobody wants a car that that takes hours to charge. The shortest time I've seen to charge an electric car is about four hours. Some other electric cars take twice or more longer to charge. Who wants to try to drive to a distant vacation destination needing to wait many hours to charge their car?
Massive more amounts of coal or some other fossil fuel will be needed to create the power to charge the hundreds of millions of electric cars. How is that supposed to lower/prevent carbon emissions?
Of course, I don't put it past future Dem pols to try to ban all vehicles that allow people to travel freely. They already have Dems like AOC who want to eliminate the first amendment and ban speech the majority doesn't like.
Control of everybody's lives and movements is what modern liberalism is all about. For your own good.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2021, 12:54:09 pm »
Electric vehicles have a place, but people should NEVER be restricted to only owning electrics. One of my neighbor's daily driver is an electric bicycle. I built my son many moons ago an offroad electric go-kart.  I'm in the process of making an off-road, mud bogging, hill climbing minibike.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2021, 01:08:18 pm »
At this latitude, with the nearest large town 120+miles away, EVs will be deadly. I have serious doubts about maintaining mobility and winter survivable cabin temperatures for that trip--and that's just one way. You can't move goods with windmills, either.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2021, 02:14:17 pm »
Massive more amounts of coal or some other fossil fuel will be needed to create the power to charge the hundreds of millions of electric cars. How is that supposed to lower/prevent carbon emissions?
The climate loonies are convinced we can generate enough electricity from unicorn farts - while coal, gas and oil extraction have been banned.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2021, 02:25:39 pm »
Physics will be making a come back.  Ya can't violate the laws of physics no matter how much that
would improve everything.

Education is a painful thing.
Even more painful for dullards.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 02:26:29 pm by Slide Rule »
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2021, 02:56:55 pm »
The left has devolved into an urban click so we can expect to see many proposals that bear little semblance of sanity outside the big cities.

This is one of them.

I happen to believe electric vehicles do have a place in certain situations such as within large urban areas where noise pollution and smog are more prevalent, and vehicle usage needs are short and space is a premium.

Most other places in the country it makes no sense whatsoever.  Like mandating solar power only in a cloudy place like Seattle.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2021, 03:02:10 pm »
I happen to believe electric vehicles do have a place in certain situations such as within large urban areas where noise pollution and smog are more prevalent, and vehicle usage needs are short and space is a premium.

Most other places in the country it makes no sense whatsoever.  Like mandating solar power only in a cloudy place like Seattle.
I truly believe the climate hysterics are so myopic, they don't grasp that many of us don't live in those large urban areas, where electric cars and even mass transit are reasonable options. Would they have electric combines and tractors working the fields of Kansas, Nebraska, and all the farming states? Electric tractor trailers hauling goods coast-to-coast?

Something tells me the big picture escapes them.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2021, 03:15:11 pm »
I will tell you right now.  I will never own a battery operated Truck.  I will not bow down to wishes of the envirowhackos.

I will keep my fossil fuel vehicles, get them repaired, and even buy black market gasoline till the day  I die if I have to.   Envirowhackos can F themselves.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2021, 04:38:28 pm »
Battery technology will have to improve (including the recycling process) and cheapen drastically before most people will leap to EVs.  The lack of engine noise has a natural appeal to luxury car buyers, and women in general.  I'm not sure the enthusiast will ever switch, or how practical they can be in remote or cold environments. 

Honestly, if the leftists would stay in their cities, none of this would be an issue.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2021, 04:43:42 pm »
The lack of engine noise has a natural appeal to luxury car buyers, and women in general.  I'm not sure the enthusiast will ever switch, or how practical they can be in remote or cold environments. 

Quiet?  I prefer a super loud V8 or a diesel 100% of the time.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2021, 10:06:10 am »
Battery technology will have to improve (including the recycling process) and cheapen drastically before most people will leap to EVs.  The lack of engine noise has a natural appeal to luxury car buyers, and women in general.  I'm not sure the enthusiast will ever switch, or how practical they can be in remote or cold environments. 

Honestly, if the leftists would stay in their cities, none of this would be an issue.
The lack of engine noise is a hazard to pets, kids, and adults.

I can't say how many times the sound of an engine has saved me from being injured or killed in limited visibility situations (obstructed view). "Loud pipes save lives" if you ride a motorcycle, too. If your downshift sounds like a semi hitting the jake brake, people don't pull out in front of you, and you can drive at RPMs that don't have nearly that audio impact, too.

https://therichardsgrp.com/quiet-vehicles-and-pedestrian-safety
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2021, 09:58:40 pm »
The lack of engine noise is a hazard to pets, kids, and adults.

I can't say how many times the sound of an engine has saved me from being injured or killed in limited visibility situations (obstructed view). "Loud pipes save lives" if you ride a motorcycle, too. If your downshift sounds like a semi hitting the jake brake, people don't pull out in front of you, and you can drive at RPMs that don't have nearly that audio impact, too.

https://therichardsgrp.com/quiet-vehicles-and-pedestrian-safety
"The lack of engine noise is a hazard to pets, kids, and adults."

I've mentioned that to the wife as an unforeseen hazard.  Unless you've got hearing problems, even most drivers can tell when a car is approaching from their rear warning them not to switch lanes until the car passes.
Lot's of noiseless problems that the boosters either don't know about or don't care. Maybe they want more people bumped off.

rangerrebew

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2021, 04:08:47 pm »

Banning gas-powered vehicles means a crushing change for America
By Duggan Flanakin |January 17th, 2021

The election of the Biden-Harris ticket will, we are told, hasten the death of the internal combustion engine in the United States. Once the sale of new gasoline engine vehicles is banned, the only question remaining is how long before driving them is also outlawed? Well, incoming Vice President Kamala Harris promised that, “By my plan, by 2045 we will have basically zero emission vehicles only.100 percent by 2045.”

President-elect Biden has promised in his two trillion dollar “climate change” plan [a major downsize from Bernie Sanders’ $16 trillion Green New Deal] “rigorous new fuel economy standards aimed at ensuring 100 percent of new sales for light- and medium-duty vehicles will be zero emission vehicles (ZEVs).” Harris has called for this ban to begin by 2035, perhaps even sooner, if the momentum for change continues.

To jumpstart the transformation of the 99.5 percent of the U.S. vehicle fleet that are not ZEVs, Biden ally Sen. Chuck Schumer plans to introduce legislation authorizing $$454 billion “cash for clunkers” incentives or rebates to people to enable them to replace gasoline-powered vehicles with all-electric vehicles (EVs). The plan also includes building half a million new EV battery charging stations, along with replacing the entire U.S. government vehicle fleet with EVs.

https://www.cfact.org/2021/01/17/banning-gas-powered-vehicles-means-crushing-change-for-america/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2021, 05:37:21 pm »
Banning gas-powered vehicles means a crushing change for America
By Duggan Flanakin |January 17th, 2021

To jumpstart the transformation of the 99.5 percent of the U.S. vehicle fleet that are not ZEVs, Biden ally Sen. Chuck Schumer plans to introduce legislation authorizing $$454 billion “cash for clunkers” incentives or rebates to people to enable them to replace gasoline-powered vehicles with all-electric vehicles (EVs).

@rangerrebew

Chuckie doesn't even own a freaking car,does he? He rides a train from DC to NYC and back on weekends,and during the week he rides around in goobermint limos.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline berdie

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2021, 08:49:41 pm »
That could be interesting from a tax standpoint. Both the Feds and the states get lots of taxes from gasoline sales.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2021, 08:52:01 pm »
What virtue-signalling idiocy.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2021, 08:54:48 pm »
If only there had been a Presidential candidate who opposed this nonsense.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2021, 09:02:45 pm »
So DC is gonna burn the presses and print $450B for the cars, again depressing the used car market for the lower income folks by removing them from circulation.

How much is DC going to print for the in home recharging systems?  Another $1T?

Solar panels, electrical, storage, etc. all required at a cost of 10s of thousands per...
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2021, 12:51:53 am »
So DC is gonna burn the presses and print $450B for the cars, again depressing the used car market for the lower income folks by removing them from circulation.

Solar panels, electrical, storage, etc. all required at a cost of 10s of thousands per...
Captain Dementia to Scotty: Scotty we need more power in the...the...you know the thing.
Scotty to Captain Dementia: Cap'n the grid canna' take it! It canna handle the load now, it's gonna blow!
Captain Dememtia: Blow you say? I love to blow in the ears of little girls and smell their hair......................pudding, I want some pudding mommy Jill.

Apparently Captain Dementia And Major Harlot believe they can replace gas powered cars with all electric vehicles whilst eliminating coal, gas and nuclear generating and replace it with Unicorn Farts and make believe.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2021, 01:02:42 am »

Let them eat cake... Nothing new.

But I am FOR alt power for houses... Not the way they are, but what a gain to have that distribution... and all of that feeding back into the grid during peak... Where sunny cal is serving the stormy north on cloudy days... and power outages become entirely rare. I think that ought to be built into new homes as a matter of course - A fail-over generator and a solar system (w/batts) is not that much more by the square foot in new construction terms.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 01:03:59 am by roamer_1 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2021, 01:11:57 am »

@SZonian

The important thing to remember here is the Senate and House leadership and some non-leadership members/close realtives were gifted stock certificates in these new energy companies,so they will NOT be allowed to fail.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!