Author Topic: GOP divided over Liz Cheney's future  (Read 237 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP divided over Liz Cheney's future
« on: January 15, 2021, 11:20:57 pm »
GOP divided over Liz Cheney's future
By Juliegrace Brufke and Ellen Mitchell - 01/15/21 05:22 PM EST

Republicans are divided over the future of House Republican Conference Chairwoman Liz Cheney (Wyo.) after her vote Wednesday to impeach President Trump.

Rep. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.), the leader of the conservative House Freedom Caucus, and Rep. Matt Rosendale (R-Mont.) are circulating a petition that seeks to force Cheney out of her leadership role for her decision, which she called a “vote of conscience.”

They say her decision to announce her position a day before the vote gave Democrats talking points to go after Republicans.

Cheney didn’t take part in the floor debate, but she was mentioned repeatedly by Democratic speakers. Several Republicans noted the remarks by House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.), who cited Cheney as he made the case for Trump’s impeachment.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/534516-gop-divided-over-liz-cheneys-future
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: GOP divided over Liz Cheney's future
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 11:23:00 pm »
Liz Cheney suffers impeachment vote blowback at home: 'Couldn't win a primary today for dog catcher'
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/jan/15/liz-cheney-suffers-impeachment-vote-blowback-home-/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 11:23:46 pm »
Another politician not representing his/her constituents.
Support the USO

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 11:44:49 pm »
Representation of constituents went by the wayside when Ford invented the Model T!!!

I have only donated money to one national politician in my lifetime, Donald Trump.  I have contributed to local elections for people I knew, and had a strong sense of what they were all about.  However, I assume Liz Cheney will be primaried, and I most likely will send a donation to her challenger.  I have no love for the Cheneys, who are vastly overrated, and at the peak of self serving politicians.

When her father was VP, the company he was CEO of prior to becoming VP received huge contracts, with no competitive bid process with the Afghanistan war effort.  Same for Iraq.  We are talking about 10s if not hundreds of billions awarded with no competitive effort, a direct violation of US law.

All ten Republicans should be primaried out of office that voted to impeach Trump.  And of course, the last time, the maggot Mitt Romney voted to impeach Trump, and Utah is not worth having in the union if they vote for Romney again.

The Republican Party is long over due to purge these RINOs from the party.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2021, 12:01:43 am »
Another politician not representing his/her constituents.

Has she ever lived in Wyoming.