Author Topic: 'This Is Political Theater': Alan Dershowitz Refuses To Defend Trump In Senate Impeachment Trial Aft  (Read 255 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'This Is Political Theater': Alan Dershowitz Refuses To Defend Trump In Senate Impeachment Trial After Representing Him In First One

Autumn Klein
Contributor
January 15, 2021 10:58 AM ET

Attorney Alan Dershowitz said he likely won’t be joining President Donald Trump’s legal team if a second Senate impeachment trial is held, The Boston Globe reported Thursday.

Dershowitz represented Trump in the president’s Senate impeachment trial in 2020, in which he was acquitted of both charges of abuse of power and obstruction. Dershowitz reportedly would not consider joining his legal team for a second time, according to The Boston Globe.

“This is political theater, and I’m neither a politician or an actor, so I don’t see a role for a real lawyer to play in this show,” Dershowitz noted in a phone interview, according to The Boston Globe.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/01/15/alan-dershowitz-wont-defend-trump-impeachment-trial-senate/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Kangaroo Court basically making Schumer Dean Wormer scream "Double Secret Probation You Orange Monster. "

The democrats have made a mockery of our democracy, and anyone of any integrity is going to avoid particpating in it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
People that have integrity need not worry about participating.  There is no one in Congress that has an ounce of integrity.

The people of Russia have more representation in their Duma under a dictator than we do here in the USA.
 :yowsa:

Offline skeeter

I guess he's 'refusing to defend' Trump but isn't it more accurate to say, being a serious lawyer, he doesn't want to be associated with an even bigger farce than the last one Pelosi contrived?

I would urge Trump not to participate as well.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 12:09:17 am by skeeter »

Online mountaineer

Dershowitz already stated, without reservation, that this impeachment effort is unconstitutional. I agree, Trump should just say this is unconstitutional BS and I'm not wasting my time with you lunatics.  rrthree
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org