Author Topic: Parachute operations: Pendleton Marines jump out perfectly good airplane  (Read 107 times)

rangerrebew

Parachute operations: Pendleton Marines jump out perfectly good airplane

13 Jan 2021 | Lance Cpl. Andrew Cortez Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton

CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. --

Marines with Air Delivery Platoon, Landing Support Company, 1st Transportation Support Battalion, 1st Marine Logistics Group, coordinated a parachute operation at Drop Zone Basilone to refresh their Marines on low-level static line jumps and aerial resupply.

1st TSB invited other Pendleton units to participate in the training event, enabling Marines with 1st Marine Division and I Marine Expeditionary Force Information Group with airborne and jump missions to gain proficiency and remain current with their jump training.

The aerial delivery Marines coordinated with 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing to use a KC-130J Hercules as part of the training. In addition to the actual parachutists, the Marines loaded the aircraft with container delivery systems and door bundles to simulate a resupply.

https://www.marines.mil/News/News-Display/Article/2470256/parachute-operations-pendleton-marines-jump-out-perfectly-good-airplane/

rangerrebew

Re: Parachute operations: Pendleton Marines jump out perfectly good airplane
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 02:59:33 pm »
I have a pilots license and enjoy flying planes, but I have ABSOLUTELY NO DESIRE to jump out of them! :thumbsdown: