Author Topic: Navy Acting Undersec: USS Ford, LCS ‘Not Our Fault’  (Read 216 times)

rangerrebew

Navy Acting Undersec: USS Ford, LCS ‘Not Our Fault’

"Some of these people may have been in these jobs too long," Navy Undersecretary Gregory Slavonic suggested of House and Senate Armed Services committee lawmakers, suggesting they should be subject to term limits.
By   Paul McLeary on January 13, 2021 at 7:03 PM

WASHINGTON: The outgoing acting Undersecretary of the Navy today called for term limits on members of the House and Senate Armed Services committees, complaining that members are blaming current Navy leadership for past failures.

Specifically, the Navy’s plan for new classes of unmanned ships are being questioned by lawmakers who remember past missteps like the Littoral Combat Ship, Acting Undersecretary of the Navy Gregory Slavonic, who will step down next week with the administration change told the virtual Surface Navy conference this afternoon. “We’re getting beat up,” he said.

“Some of these people may have been in these jobs too long,” he suggested, adding that term limits would be a good idea.

https://breakingdefense.com/2021/01/navy-acting-undersec-uss-ford-lcs-not-our-fault/

rangerrebew

Re: Navy Acting Undersec: USS Ford, LCS ‘Not Our Fault’
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 12:29:20 pm »

“Some of these people may have been in these jobs too long,” he suggested, adding that term limits would be a good idea.
I'd be willing to bet he doesn't think about politicians or their appointees that way. :pondering:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Navy Acting Undersec: USS Ford, LCS ‘Not Our Fault’
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 11:41:17 pm »
I'd be willing to bet he doesn't think about politicians or their appointees that way. :pondering:
How odd, if you actually look at his entire quote it is obvious that politicians are exactly who he was refrring to.

"Some of these people may have been in these jobs too long," Navy Undersecretary Gregory Slavonic suggested of House and Senate Armed Services committee lawmakers, suggesting they should be subject to term limits.