Author Topic: Pentagon Report Paints Grim Picture Of America’s Industrial Decline  (Read 187 times)

rangerrebew

Jan 13, 2021,11:11am EST|9,091 views

Loren Thompson

The arsenal of democracy may not be dead, but it is definitely dying. That’s the message I got from perusing the Pentagon’s 2020 assessment of U.S. industrial capabilities, which was released on Tuesday.

I am indebted to InsideDefense.com for making the full report available, since almost nobody else wrote about the report’s release and it is nearly impossible to find on the Defense Department website.

That’s a shame, because it is probably the most complete assessment of how America’s industrial decline is impacting national defense ever produced. Although mandated by Congress, it is, in effect, the capstone product of a four-year effort by the Trump administration to reverse the nation’s deindustrialization.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lorenthompson/2021/01/13/pentagon-report-paints-grim-picture-of-americas-industrial-decline/?sh=25117dbb7abf

Offline mikezpen

How much Trump actually did to reverse this, I don't know. But he is the first president to bring de-industrialization to the attention of Americans in understandable terms. He also went after illegal immigration. And he's the first president to single out big business as the culprit in both.He wasn't a knee-jerk, pro-big business Republican.