Author Topic: Graham: ‘Should We Impeach Barack Obama Because for 24 hours, He Never Lifted a Finger to Help Those  (Read 485 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Graham: ‘Should We Impeach Barack Obama Because for 24 hours, He Never Lifted a Finger to Help Those People Under Siege in Benghazi?’

Jeff Poor 14 Jan 2021

Wednesday on FNC’s “Hannity,” Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) questioned the merits of an impeachment effort underway initiated by House Democrats.

Graham argued against impeaching a president that has already left office and mentioned the possibility of impeaching former President Barack Obama for the lack of effort during the attack on a U.S. consulate in Benghazi in 2012.

“We’ll play this out,” he explained. “We impeach the president today without any evidence. It’s just sheer hatred. If this becomes the norm, be careful what you wish for today. Under this theory, the radical left — if you can impeach a president after they’re out of office, why don’t we impeach George Washington? He owned slaves. Where does this stop? So, to my Republican colleagues, let’s stand firm for the idea — whether you like Donald Trump or not, he’s not above the law.”

“If he did something wrong, you know, you can face the consequences of the law,” Graham continued. “Impeachment is political. What we’re doing here is we’re impeaching the president without any evidence, without any witnesses, and we’re going to have a trial after they are out of office. How do you survive as a president in the future? This will be an attack on the presidency in perpetuity. Should we impeach Barack Obama because, for 24 hours, he never lifted a finger to help those people under siege in Benghazi? Where does this stop?”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/01/14/graham-should-we-impeach-barack-obama-because-for-24-hours-he-never-lifted-a-finger-to-help-those-people-under-siege-in-benghazi/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

What a ridiculous statement...they had the chance long ago and if I recall Graham was a Senator at the time.  Per the Constitution (for what its worth these days) Obama couldn't serve again because he has served two terms, so what difference would it make. This is coming out of a GOPe's mouth ... not worth even listening to.

They are impeaching Trump because they fear him running in 2024?  I think this again is ridiculous speculation, but maybe there is some validity out of leftists' fear of the man.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Hey if we are setting a precedent of impeaching/conviciting ex presidents, lets get the shovels out and dig up 7 or 8 dead ones that we can apply that too.

I vote for FDR 1st.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline verga

Hey if we are setting a precedent of impeaching/conviciting ex presidents, lets get the shovels out and dig up 7 or 8 dead ones that we can apply that too.

I vote for FDR 1st.
Followed immediately by Wilson
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline LegalAmerican

You know. I have lost all interest in politics.  GRAHAM IS A TRAITOR.   SUPREME  COURT,   CONGRESS.....all of them.  What is the point?   ALL TALK, ALL THE TIME.   NOTHING GETS DONE. 

Offline LegalAmerican

Followed immediately by Wilson

Yes, He created the FEDERAL RESERVE AND FIRST 1040 INCOME TAX TO PAY FOR THAT IN 1913!   

Offline libertybele

Well, I may stand corrected on this one.  There is argument that Trump could still be held accountable and impeached after he leaves office; he is still an ex president and he can still be tried. Others argue that he leaves office and becomes a civilian.

The DEMS I believe want to accomplish two things:

Ensure that Trump is never allowed to serve in political office and to ruin him financially.  If indeed they conduct a Senate trial after he leaves office, the DEMS would then hold the majority and he would likely be impeached and if so, he would not get his yearly salary for life, nor any security detail.  He would be stripped of all of the 'perks' that he would get for being President.

So Graham's comment in that aspect makes sense, if they impeach Trump after he leaves office, then they could impeach Obama as well.  Though impeaching Obama would fail because they'd never get the votes in the House nor the Senate to do so.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

MALE TRUMP ENVY.....that is all it is about.  Been going on for decades.  ENVY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL. 

HERE IT ....IS.

Offline GrouchoTex

I would like to hold out hope that they want to run him off before he releases damning information on them, but as we are just 6 days away from Biden being sworn in, this doesn't seem to be the case.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
What a ridiculous statement...they had the chance long ago and if I recall Graham was a Senator at the time.  Per the Constitution (for what its worth these days) Obama couldn't serve again because he has served two terms, so what difference would it make. This is coming out of a GOPe's mouth ... not worth even listening to.

They are impeaching Trump because they fear him running in 2024?  I think this again is ridiculous speculation, but maybe there is some validity out of leftists' fear of the man.

@libertybele

While it is safe to say I trust Graham about as much as I do Sunday morning tv preachers,you clearly misunderstood the point he was making.

He was trying to point out how ridiculous  it is to impeach Trump again when he is leaving office in just a few days,anyhow. It is akin to impeaching Bathhouse Barry who is already out of office.

BTW,I don't trust Graham OR Lady Lindsey any further than I could throw them,but NEVER make the mistake of thinking either is stupid.

"Stupid" and "Self-centered" are not synonyms.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

I vote for FDR 1st.

@catfish1957

LBJ HAS to have a lock on the number 2 slot.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.