Author Topic: House Democrats Temporarily Changed Rules to Allow President to Be Called a Racist  (Read 162 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Democrats Temporarily Changed Rules to Allow President to Be Called a Racist

Joel B. Pollak 13 Jan 2021

Democrats called President Donald Trump a racist several times during the House debate on impeachment Wednesday, taking advantage of a temporary rule change they passed earlier this week.

Newly-sworn-in Rep. Cori Bush (D-MO), for example, called Trump the “white supremacist-in-chief”:

Congresswoman Cori Bush
@RepCori
St. Louis and I rise to say that the 117th Congress has a mandate to legislate in defense of Black lives.

The first step in that process is rooting out white supremacy, starting with impeaching the white supremacist-in-chief.

Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) also chimed in, calling Trump the “racist-in-chief.”

Normally, such language is prohibited by House rules. But House Democrats passed a temporary rule change on Tuesday that applies to debate on H. Res. 21 and H. Res. 24. The former urged Vice President Mike Pence to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove Trump (which he declined to do); the latter is the article of impeachment against President Trump.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/01/13/house-democrats-temporarily-changed-rules-to-allow-president-to-be-called-a-racist/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RetBobbyMI

Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) also chimed in, calling Trump the “racist-in-chief.”

Well, that's a definitive statement as she looks in the mirror.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online libertybele

It was my understanding that under the Constitution each House change their procedural rules -- that's hardly a procedural rule.

As much as I don't like Pelosi I fear the day that she steps down; members of the Squad will take over.  Guarantee it. 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 12:14:56 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.