Author Topic: Senate won't reconvene early for trial; House GOP leader says Trump 'bears responsibility'  (Read 246 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Senate won't reconvene early for trial; House GOP leader says Trump 'bears responsibility'

Associated Press 31 min ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — If the House impeaches President Donald Trump, a Senate trial on whether to convict him of inciting insurrection seems all but certain to have to wait until President-elect Joe Biden is inaugurated.

That’s the word from a spokesman for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. The spokesman says aides to the Kentucky Republican have told Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer's staff that McConnell won’t agree to invoke powers calling senators into emergency session.

That means the Senate almost certainly won’t meet again until Jan. 19. That's the day before Biden’s inauguration.

The House is set to vote later Wednesday on impeaching Trump, accusing him of rallying a violent mob of supporters to attack the Capitol last week.

more
https://herald-review.com/news/national/senate-wont-reconvene-early-for-trial-house-gop-leader-says-trump-bears-responsibility/article_7590f923-5456-56ca-a684-6f73af9b31e2.html#utm_source=herald-review.com&utm_campaign=%2Fnewsletter-templates%2Fnews-alert&utm_medium=PostUp&utm_content=304cf8af85a28c1dfc7a1d6b3f8e4acea2bdebdd
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Polly Ticks

That’s the word from a spokesman for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. The spokesman says aides to the Kentucky Republican have told Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer's staff that McConnell won’t agree to invoke powers calling senators into emergency session.

I'm betting Mitch heard quite a lot of feedback from his constituency about that very thing. I tried to call his DC office repeatedly this morning to no avail ('unable to answer your call ... assisting other callers ... voice mailbox is full ....') and had to try a couple of times to successfully send a message on the contact form on his mcconnel.gov site. I did get thru with a message at his Lexington (KY) office, but no idea if that got passed along in a timely fashion or not.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Trump bears responsibility, FROM DETRACTORS that are political irresponsible whores.  If hypocrisy was water, we could sail ships in it.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions