Author Topic: Cheney says she'll vote to impeach Trump  (Read 3755 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Cheney says she'll vote to impeach Trump
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2021, 03:46:14 am »
Damn it!  I wish Cheney would stand down.  We don't need her help killing off the GOP!

This sadly has an August 1974 feel to it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2021, 03:53:40 am »
Impeachment is solely the avenue to remove a President from his position.  The Senate can't convict after their defendant leaves office.

Why do we give credence to this?

If President Trump had actually committed a crime, they would wait until he leaves office, then charge him.  The fact that they're doing it this way shows they have nothing on him.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2021, 04:02:04 am »
If President Trump had actually committed a crime, they would wait until he leaves office, then charge him.  The fact that they're doing it this way shows they have nothing on him.

Earlier in the season @Cyber Liberty had a meme by his screen name with "Impeach Him Again...Harder"

Maybe we can keep these turdmeisters occupied with Trump and avoid NGD, and other disasterous dim policy initiatives the next 2 years.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2021, 04:15:34 am »
I thought about that, but I believe that, that shell game is over and they will dismiss and unseat the RINO's.  They serve no purpose, the electoral process has been violated, we may see Romney join the 'uniparty' that will be ruling.  IF he hasn't seen the writing on the wall, then he's already made backroom deals to be in some kind of power, but if not he's going to be very surprised when they push him aside.

Just my opinion, I hope I am dead wrong.
Romney will be the first to go.

I said in a previous post that we will see a record unprecedented number of Republicans switch party this year.
Most politicians, of course, are scum. They don't give a damn about America or any political party at all.
They just want to be on the winning side. Romney is already there, but many others will follow as well.
Like you said before, the Republican Party will be extinct before the next Presidential election.
And it is very difficult to argue that they do not deserve it. The GOP is a moribund concept.
All politicians and judges are weaselly scum anyway. The only difference is now it is all out in the open.
They have all taken their masks off.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2021, 04:24:27 am »

Where will that leave us? I think where it is going to end up is with the country splitting apart. Boundaries of countries change all the time. Why not here.

I'm already looking at moving to Poland, at least they are still fighting to preserve Western Civilization.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2021, 04:43:03 am »

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2021, 04:45:57 am »

She'll smooth things over by setting up a hunting trip with her dad....   :cool:

Offline dancer

« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2021, 09:14:48 am »
Egads.

With "Republicans" like this...

What more is there to say...?
Exactly.  We maybe have 17 Pubs that are Conservative.  The rest are Uniparty.  They fool no one.   

Offline dancer

« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2021, 09:19:18 am »
This could all be avoided if the man would just resign.   Responsible Republicans should be urging that route rather than impeachment.
Trump won so why should he resign?  The thievery was so blatant that even Democrats admit that there was major fraud.

Offline dancer

« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2021, 09:31:13 am »
Are we certain this is true or fake news?

What good does it do to impeach a president before he's ready to leave?
True.  She has been a #NeverTrumper and I saw her say it on tv. 

Asa Hutchinson, Geraldo, Kinzinger and Christy were all out supporting Trump's demise today.  I'm glad they are finally revealing who they are.  We all knew it.  Folks who don't pay attention might be surprised.  (Forgot to add Mitch to the list.)

Offline dancer

« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2021, 09:37:46 am »
I thought about that, but I believe that, that shell game is over and they will dismiss and unseat the RINO's.  They serve no purpose, the electoral process has been violated, we may see Romney join the 'uniparty' that will be ruling.  IF he hasn't seen the writing on the wall, then he's already made backroom deals to be in some kind of power, but if not he's going to be very surprised when they push him aside.

Oh, Romney is definitely Swamp.  It did my heart good to see that Romney and Lindsey had to fly coach like we peasants.  I was also happy to see Trump supporters giving them a hard time at the airport!  LOL  No soup for you!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 09:45:23 am by dancer »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2021, 09:41:39 am »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2021, 09:49:21 am »
Considering WY isn't even remotely in play.....   **nononono*
Oh but it is! http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,424873.0.html

The BLM (Bureau of Land Management) controls a tremendous amount of land in Wyoming, and that is specifically the land that Harris and Biden can stop fraccing on (well, under).

Maybe she's toadying up to the crocodiles so she gets eaten last.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2021, 09:52:11 am »

Considering his performance with Romneycare in Massachusetts, I think he's already one of them--a DemPlant.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 12:56:31 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2021, 12:41:30 pm »
True.  She has been a #NeverTrumper and I saw her say it on tv. 

Asa Hutchinson, Geraldo, Kinzinger and Christy were all out supporting Trump's demise today.  I'm glad they are finally revealing who they are.  We all knew it.  Folks who don't pay attention might be surprised.  (Forgot to add Mitch to the list.)

And this same crew will be stumped wondering why the GOP doesn't win elections. 

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2021, 03:26:55 pm »

Nah, not really.
RINOs/NeverTrumps want to lose.
Their goal is and has always been that the GOP will constantly be in a permanent minority status.
All the money - all the grift - all the perqs - with no work, no real decisions, and no responsibility.
That is the dream of every politician, and every executive everywhere.

What they do not and refuse to understand, is the New Communist Democrats are not going to let them hang on and fly under the radar like the old Democrats did. The Communist mantra is, 'convert or die'. You are either one of us or you are out. The New Communist Democrats have no sense whatsoever of a 'friendly difference of opinion'. If you do not agree lockstep with everything they order, Democrat or Republican, then you are their 'enemy' in the very real sense of what that word means. And that goes for every American as well.

We are witnessing and living through the rise of the Fourth Reich. And the ultimate ironic paradox is that it is the so called 'Liberals' who are bringing it forward. We are quickly moving toward a totalitarian fascist State. Expect a civilian uniformed armed 'National Federal Police Force' to emerge which is beyond the reach of 'law' or civilian authorities. Local Police Forces (especially those who refuse to OBEY all the illegal proclamations which are soon coming) will be defunded and disbanded to be replaced by Federal Jackboots who ask no questions and do as they are told no matter what.

The Liberals wanted their Communist/Fascist Utopia. Well,...here it comes. Historically whenever this happens (and it has happened dozens of times in dozens of nations) the intellectuals are the first to be purged. Your Liberalism or your support for the ruling Party will not help you, except for a very select few. This is the path we are on. This is the way it has always happened. Republicans/Christians/Patriots/Dissidents of any race/religion are the new Jews.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 04:34:36 pm by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2021, 04:00:12 pm »
Here's the Dershowitz interview I referenced above.
Impeaching Trump Once again // A conversation with professor and constitutional scholar Alan Dershowitz
By Rabbi Yitzchok Frankfurter -
January 13, 2021

I’m sure you’ve seen the proposed Article of Impeachment.
Yes. It is clearly unconstitutional, and it should be rejected. It would establish a terrible precedent. The speech at the center of the impeachment is constitutionally protected by the First Amendment, and it shouldn’t be possible to impeach a president for making a speech that is protected by the First Amendment.

So you don’t think he crossed any lines.
No. Not only don’t I think it, I know it. I’m an expert on the First Amendment. I’ve been teaching it, writing about it and litigating about it since the 1960s. I don’t think any objective constitutional scholar of note will tell you that this speech violated the principles of Brandenburg v. Ohio, which is the leading case. In Brandenburg you had a Nazi provoking people, telling them to kill the Jews, send the blacks back to Africa and all of those horrible things. The Supreme Court, in a unanimous decision, said that it was advocacy, not incitement, and the same is true of the president’s speech. He didn’t tell anyone to break into the Capitol, kill people, destroy property, or anything like that. That would be incitement. What he said was clearly on the side of advocacy and clearly constitutionally protected. I don’t think there’s any real doubt about that.  ...

In other words, it’s oxymoronic for something to be both constitutionally protected and impeachable.
It’s worse than oxymoronic, it’s unconstitutional. Things can be oxymoronic and illogical, but when it’s unconstitutional it’s much worse.  ...
Read entire article at Ami Magazine
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline verga

« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2021, 04:09:22 pm »
What evidence does Cheney have that Trump incited a violent mob?
That's funny right there. Since when do RINO's and libtards need evidence?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2021, 04:27:33 pm »
That's funny right there. Since when do RINO's and libtards need evidence?
True.
Pelosi and her coven said clearly, 'We can impeach any President at any time for any reason.'
(this is her self declared view of herself as supreme ruler of the United States, even above POTUS, speaking)
Evidence is irrelevant. Law is irrelevant. Democrats do not recognize the Constitution.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2021, 05:17:20 pm »
Jordan calls on Cheney to step down from House leadership

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) is calling on House Republican Conference Chair Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) to be removed from leadership for announcing her plans to vote to impeach President Trump for inciting last week's riot at the Capitol.

Jordan, a founder of the conservative House Freedom Caucus and one of Trump’s top defenders in the House, joined other GOP allies of Trump in calling for Cheney to step down from the role.

“We ought to have a second vote,” he told reporters, according to the Capitol Hill reporter pool. "The conference ought to vote on that."

Jordan’s comments echo those of Rep. Matt Rosendale (R-Mont.) and Freedom Caucus Chairman Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.).

“When Representative Cheney came out for impeachment today, she failed to consult with the Conference, failed to abide by the spirit of the rules of the Republican Conference, and ignored the preferences of Republican voters," Rosendale said in a statement Tuesday.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/534028-jordan-calls-on-cheney-to-step-down-from-house-leadership
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2021, 05:22:14 pm »
Can we all agree on one thing? We need more citizen representatives... representatives who are average people and not these elites?

BassWrangler

« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2021, 05:29:55 pm »
Can we all agree on one thing? We need more citizen representatives... representatives who are average people and not these elites?

I agree with that. I still think we need term limits.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2021, 05:31:43 pm »
Stop voting for the guy with the most money in your primaries!  There is a reason that guy has all that money!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2021, 05:46:43 pm »
Nah, not really.
RINOs/NeverTrumps want to lose.
Their goal is and has always been that the GOP will constantly be in a permanent minority status.
All the money - all the grift - all the perqs - with no work, no real decisions, and no responsibility.
That is the dream of every politician, and every executive everywhere.

What they do not and refuse to understand, is the New Communist Democrats are not going to let them hang on and fly under the radar like the old Democrats did. The Communist mantra is, 'convert or die'. You are either one of us or you are out. The New Communist Democrats have no sense whatsoever of a 'friendly difference of opinion'. If you do not agree lockstep with everything they order, Democrat or Republican, then you are their 'enemy' in the very real sense of what that word means. And that goes for every American as well.

We are witnessing and living through the rise of the Fourth Reich. And the ultimate ironic paradox is that it is the so called 'Liberals' who are bringing it forward. We are quickly moving toward a totalitarian fascist State. Expect a civilian uniformed armed 'National Federal Police Force' to emerge which is beyond the reach of 'law' or civilian authorities. Local Police Forces (especially those who refuse to OBEY all the illegal proclamations which are soon coming) will be defunded and disbanded to be replaced by Federal Jackboots who ask no questions and do as they are told no matter what.

The Liberals wanted their Communist/Fascist Utopia. Well,...here it comes. Historically whenever this happens (and it has happened dozens of times in dozens of nations) the intellectuals are the first to be purged. Your Liberalism or your support for the ruling Party will not help you, except for a very select few. This is the path we are on. This is the way it has always happened. Republicans/Christians/Patriots/Dissidents of any race/religion are the new Jews.

@240B

As history has proven over and over since the dawn of civilization,ALL of the above is true. Anarchy,police state,control freak utopia,revolution,individual rights and freedoms,and the cycle begins again has became a cycle for humanity.

Not sure how much longer the cycle will last,though. The modern police state has too many "tools" to use these days to prevent rebellion to the borg to exist. Big Brother not only exists,he is thriving.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 05:50:41 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2021, 05:55:04 pm »

Again - the GOP won all sorts of elections this year.   Don't get caught in Trump's fevered fantasies and obsessions.   He has,  politically speaking,  screwed the pooch.    Don't follow him over the cliff - for who?  For what?
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide