Author Topic: Cheney says she'll vote to impeach Trump  (Read 3752 times)

Offline mountaineer

Re: Cheney says she'll vote to impeach Trump
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2021, 12:09:09 am »
He's got 8 days left in office...I know you Libs hate him that deeply but c'mon man.
I believe you meant:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2021, 12:10:34 am »
Are we certain this is true or fake news?

What good does it do to impeach a president before he's ready to leave?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2021, 12:11:17 am »

They want to make sure he can never run for office again.  The RINO's and the Dems are scared to death he'll be back in 2024.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2021, 12:11:31 am »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2021, 12:12:15 am »

Considering WY isn't even remotely in play.....   **nononono*
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2021, 12:13:30 am »
It doesn't do any good for anyone, but doing good is not high on the Democrats' (DC swamp dwellers like Cheney and McConnell's) list.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2021, 12:14:56 am »

The apparent idea is to impeach in the House, and then pocket the result until a later date when conviction can be pursued in the Senate.   That's leverage over Trump and his future freedom of action that could be avoided by his resignation. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2021, 12:20:46 am »
Ami Magazine @Ami_Magazine
Alan Dershowitz to @Ami_Magazine: “The impeachment of Trump is clearly unconstitutional. The speech at the center of the impeachment is constitutionally protected, and it shouldn’t be possible to impeach a president for making a speech that is protected by the First Amendment.
5:24 PM · Jan 12, 2021

Ami Magazine  @Ami_Magazine
“No constitutional scholar will tell you that Trump’s speech violated the principles of Brandenburg v. Ohio, where a Nazi was saying ‘kill the Jews, send the blacks back to Africa.’ The SC said that it was advocacy, not incitement, and the same is true of the president’s speech.”
6:26 PM · Jan 12, 2021·

Full interview with Dershowitz to be posted later tonight at https://www.amimagazine.org/
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 12:52:59 am by mountaineer »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2021, 12:52:06 am »
Damn it!  I wish Cheney would stand down.  We don't need her help killing off the GOP!

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2021, 12:54:25 am »
The apparent idea is to impeach in the House, and then pocket the result until a later date when conviction can be pursued in the Senate.   That's leverage over Trump and his future freedom of action that could be avoided by his resignation.

The whole point of impeachment is to remove a president from office so that "leverage" lasts until January 20, 2021 at noon.  The Senate cannot try a private citizen @Jazzhead

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2021, 12:56:58 am »
Why did this crowd turn violent when others didn't?  Where did the incitement come from?

Antifa.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2021, 01:00:15 am »
Damn it!  I wish Cheney would stand down.  We don't need her help killing off the GOP!

The GOP is going to die ... and her seat will be gone, by either being voted out by patriots or unseated by the DEMS. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2021, 01:06:30 am »
The GOP is going to die ... and her seat will be gone, by either being voted out by patriots or unseated by the DEMS.
I agree. However the Dems may keep a few token Romney Democrat type so called 'Republicans' for propaganda purposes.
So they can claim whatever the issue was settled with a "bipartisan" vote. Same as they have always done.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2021, 01:12:49 am »
Everyone needs to brush up on the 1969 SCOTUS decision in Brandenburg v Ohio. 

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2021, 01:28:39 am »
The whole point of impeachment is to remove a president from office so that "leverage" lasts until January 20, 2021 at noon.  The Senate cannot try a private citizen @Jazzhead

The only Constitutional penalty for impeachment is removal from office.  Consequently it's unconstitutional to impeach someone who does not hold office, and an attempt to do so could justly be considered a Bill of Attainder.
James 1:20

Offline libertybele

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2021, 01:30:51 am »
I agree. However the Dems may keep a few token Romney Democrat type so called 'Republicans' for propaganda purposes.
So they can claim whatever the issue was settled with a "bipartisan" vote. Same as they have always done.

I thought about that, but I believe that, that shell game is over and they will dismiss and unseat the RINO's.  They serve no purpose, the electoral process has been violated, we may see Romney join the 'uniparty' that will be ruling.  IF he hasn't seen the writing on the wall, then he's already made backroom deals to be in some kind of power, but if not he's going to be very surprised when they push him aside.

Just my opinion, I hope I am dead wrong.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2021, 01:32:38 am »
The only Constitutional penalty for impeachment is removal from office.  Consequently it's unconstitutional to impeach someone who does not hold office, and an attempt to do so could justly be considered a Bill of Attainder.

Yes, but I don't see that the left will adhere to the Constitution and Nancy made procedural changes to the House.  I would now assume perhaps House impeachment procedures?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2021, 01:32:54 am »
You know Trump should actually embrace a new round of Impeachment hearings and debate about the 25th Amendment under one condition...he remains in office as President until the entire process has run its course.   Biden can’t take office until due process has run its course.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2021, 01:33:00 am »
Which is considered unconstitutional.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2021, 01:38:45 am »
Egads.

With "Republicans" like this...

What more is there to say...?

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2021, 01:49:41 am »

Let's be crystal clear here.

It wasn't Trump that incited the riot, it was the theft of an election by the Left. Those who committed a broad and deep fraud that disenfranchised 75+ million voters, are responsible for this violence. Those who committed the acts are also responsible, and everyone from the President down to the average GOP'r have condemned the actions of those who stormed the Capitol building. But the core truth remains....that this riot was caused by electoral theft and fraud of which there is AMPLE evidence.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline bilo

« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2021, 01:58:45 am »
My advice to Trump is to lay low for a few months, stay out of the limelight, and wait for the disasters that are surely to come with the Biden Administration.   Trump will start looking pretty good again.  I should sell bumperstickers that say, "If I knew it would be like this, I would have voted for Trump".

The Rats won't let him. The article of impeachment will go to the new Senate. It will be challenged and then go to the SCOTUS to rule if it is even valid. We know how dependable the SCOTUS is and they will either punt by sending it back to Congress to resolve, or they will rule it's valid. The "trial" will be held in the Rats "sacred" Senate. If McConnell can get the votes Trump will be convicted.

The Pubs will think they won a great victory getting rid of Trump, but they will have ended any hope of their gaining power again.

Where will that leave us? I think where it is going to end up is with the country splitting apart. Boundaries of countries change all the time. Why not here.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2021, 01:59:02 am »
Yes, but I don't see that the left will adhere to the Constitution and Nancy made procedural changes to the House.  I would now assume perhaps House impeachment procedures?

The HoR is within its Constitutional authority to impeach Trump while he remains in office.  They would be stupid to do so, and one could certainly argue that his address to the demonstrators gathered in DC on 6 January in no way amounted to high crimes and misdemeanors; Alan Dershowitz has already made the case that Trump's speech was fully protected by the 1A.  But the Constitution does not specify the meaning of "high crimes and misdemeanors", so a HoR can decide that on a political basis.

However the Senate will not have time to conduct a trial before Biden is inaugurated, so in any Constitutional sense a renewed impeachment would become a dead letter on 20 January.  Since there is no time for a trial, votes to impeach in the HoR are simply political grievance by the Ds and virtue signaling by the Rs.

Should a D-controlled Senate attempt to conduct a trial after Biden is inaugurated, I suppose a legal case would have to be made to SCOTUS, perhaps on the Bill of Attainder basis I have already suggested.  Unfortunately the SCOTUS record does not inspire confidence.  Certainly Rs (*some* Rs) would make the political case to the American people that the trial would be a waste of time and resources, and only a cause for additional animosity and division among the public at large.  I can't think of a better way to keep Trump's supporters fully motivated than by making him a political martyr; he would essentially become the King-maker for the next R nomination, and he would be in a power position for which there is no impeachment or even censure.  The Ds are smart enough to know this so they will pursue with all vigor any "Trumped up" criminal charges they can conjure.
James 1:20

Offline bilo

« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2021, 02:02:46 am »
They want to make sure he can never run for office again.  The RINO's and the Dems are scared to death he'll be back in 2024.

Whether he runs or not he is going to be the driving force on the right. No Pub will even have a chance without his support.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2021, 02:18:44 am »
The Rats won't let him. The article of impeachment will go to the new Senate. It will be challenged and then go to the SCOTUS to rule if it is even valid. We know how dependable the SCOTUS is and they will either punt by sending it back to Congress to resolve, or they will rule it's valid. The "trial" will be held in the Rats "sacred" Senate. If McConnell can get the votes Trump will be convicted.

Impeachment is solely the avenue to remove a President from his position.  The Senate can't convict after their defendant leaves office.

Why do we give credence to this?

If the Congress wants to impeach after a term is over, then let's drag Sparky before the Senate and talk about that little natural born citizen thing. 

« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 02:20:24 am by Right_in_Virginia »