Author Topic: Pro-gun Rep. Boebert has standoff with Capitol police over checking her purse after metal detector g  (Read 157 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by Liz George   January 13, 2021

Pro-gun Rep. Boebert has standoff with Capitol police over checking her purse after metal detector goes off

Colorado Rep. Lauren Boebert, who is vocally supportive of Second Amendment rights and her intent to carry a firearm in the Capitol, reportedly got into a standoff with Capitol police who wouldn’t allow her to enter without first searching her bag after the newly-installed metal detector’s security alarm sounded.

Capitol police ultimately let the freshman congresswoman into the House chamber, apparently without searching her bag, according to CNN’s Washington correspondent Ryan Nobles.

Boebert has now been let into the chamber it was unclear from my vantage point if the Capitol Police searched her bag before she went in.
    — Ryan Nobles (@ryanobles) January 13, 2021

“I am legally permitted to carry my firearm in Washington, D.C. and within the Capitol complex,” Boebert tweeted following the incident. “Metal detectors outside of the House would not have stopped the violence we saw last week — it’s just another political stunt by Speaker Pelosi.”

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/01/pro-gun-rep-boebert-has-standoff-with-capitol-police-over-checking-her-purse-after-metal-detector-goes-off/