Author Topic: Parler CEO John Matze says he’s been terminated by board: ‘I did not participate in this decision’  (Read 377 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Parler CEO John Matze says he’s been terminated by board: ‘I did not participate in this decision’

by: Brian Flood
Posted: Feb 3, 2021 / 05:25 PM CST   / Updated: Feb 3, 2021 / 05:25 PM CST   

(FOX) — Parler has terminated CEO John Matze, according to a memo Matze sent to staffers that has been obtained by Fox News.

“On January 29, 2021, the Parler board controlled by Rebekah Mercer decided to immediately terminate my position as CEO of Parler. I did not participate in this decision,” Matze wrote. “I understand that those who now control the company have made some communications to employees and other third parties that have unfortunately created confusion and prompted me to make this public statement.”

Matze wrote that over the past few months he has been “met constant resistance” to his original vision for the social media platform following Amazon Web Services’ decision to shut Parler down for failure to moderate “egregious content” related to the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.

“Over the past few months, I’ve met constant resistance to my product vision, my strong belief in free speech and my view of how the Parler site should be managed. For example, I advocated for more product stability and what I believe is a more effective approach to content moderation,” Matze wrote. “I have worked endless hours and fought constant battles to get the Parler site running but at this point, the future of Parler is no longer in my hands. I want to thank the Parler employees, the people on Parler and Parler supporters for their tireless work and devotion to the company. They are an amazing group of diverse, hardworking and talented individuals and I have the utmost respect for them. Many of them have become my second family.”

Parler, which has been down since Amazon Web Services cut it off, was expected to relaunch before the beginning of February but things were delayed. A Parler insider told Fox News the delay was caused by new branding and changes occurring within the company for the sake of stability.

Parler did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

more
https://www.ozarksfirst.com/local-news/national-news/parler-ceo-john-matze-says-hes-been-terminated-by-board-i-did-not-participate-in-this-decision/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
PRESS CONFERENCE: Don’t believe the BS! Here’s the REAL story behind the firing of the Parler CEO.
Recorded Live
Dan Bongino

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=717334082309162&ref=watch_permalink
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline thackney

Parler co-owner Bongino pushes back on claims by ousted CEO John Matze: 'Time to correct the record'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/parler-dan-bongino-john-matze-ouster

..."It’s time to correct the record, the Parler CEO John Matze, he was terminated, by the board of Parler, but the story you’re hearing, unfortunately, is not correct," Bongino said of a letter Matze sent to Parler staffers that was first obtained by Fox News....

..."Folks, that’s not accurate, those are his statements not mine. I have no personal gripe against John, the CEO, at all, I want to be crystal clear, but John decided to make this public, not us, we were handling it like gentlemen," Bongino said.

"We were the ones, in fact, fighting to get Parler back up. There was some really bad decisions made from people on the inside, and listen, this isn’t us airing dirty laundry. This is protecting a company that is absolutely committed to free speech, that I put the last year of my life into. Do you actually believe that someone else was on the side of free speech?"...

Life is fragile, handle with prayer