Author Topic: Former officials, anti-Trump activists pledge $50M for Republicans who support impeachment  (Read 167 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Former officials, anti-Trump activists pledge $50M for Republicans who support impeachment
By Max Greenwood - 01/12/21 01:53 PM EST

A group of anti-Trump Republicans are pledging to raise $50 million to help reelect GOP lawmakers who vote to impeach or remove President Trump from office.

The effort by the new group, the Republican Accountability Project, is intended to offer political protection to GOP lawmakers who may be weighing impeachment but fear potential retribution from Trump and his supporters.

“We want to say to any Republican who votes to impeach or remove Donald Trump: You will not be left alone. We will help you against primary challenges,” Bill Kristol, the board chair of the group, said. “And before the challenges emerge, we will help explain your vote to your constituents. So do the right thing. We will have your back.”

The effort comes as the House barrels toward a vote on an article of impeachment charging Trump for his role in inciting a mob of his supporters to swarm the U.S. Capitol last week. The ensuing riots prompted lawmakers and others working in the building to evacuate. Five people, including a Capitol Police officer, died amid the riots.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/533856-former-administration-officials-anti-trump-activists-pledging-50m-for
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Sounds like bribery to me, is buying the votes of senators and congressmen illegal like buying regular citizens votes? What am I saying, of course not members of congress and senate have always been above the laws of we little serfs.