Author Topic: TBR Thon  (Read 9603 times)

BassWrangler

Re: TBR Thon
« Reply #150 on: January 14, 2021, 02:54:43 pm »
Yep, but you also have to factor in upcoming economic factors too.  I went through a real complicated set  up spreadsheet, with what I thought would be the trend on interest rates, rate of return of equities invested from Year 1, Year 2, Year 3, etc. , Tax implcations of incremental increase income, and lastly evaulate core investments on ROE basis.  Last look...  optimum for me was age 68.33.  Of course my parameters probably need to updated to reflect a Biden induced inflationary risk.

And all this money printing to finance COVID relief spending has to be causing some massive inflation.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #151 on: January 14, 2021, 03:21:08 pm »
Hiya @Lando Lincoln ! The big move to the North Woods! I remember that was coming. Sane folks do that sort of thing in the summertime around here...

So hows the new digs? Settling in alright?

And the bet got covered... @corbe threw the last one down. Though the way this thread is going, I may do another.  :laugh:

@mystery-ak @roamer_1

Yes, sane people move to the northwoods in summer.  That's the catch, lol!  It is driving me nuts, actually.  My replacement at work finally showed up from Nevada.  But weather is a masterful opponent the moment plans are made. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline corbe

« Reply #152 on: January 14, 2021, 07:48:20 pm »
   I've been away more than less for the last 2 months.  I've got a new girlfriend and even though the shines not wore off that yet, I've missed yall, tremendously.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

BassWrangler

« Reply #153 on: January 14, 2021, 07:55:53 pm »
   I've been away more than less for the last 2 months.  I've got a new girlfriend and even though the shines not wore off that yet, I've missed yall, tremendously.

Nice to hear from you. Your avatars are always a bright spot in my day.

Offline corbe

« Reply #154 on: January 14, 2021, 08:01:54 pm »
    Now that the Trump Era is over I've noticed a lot of my old Friends, never forgotten, coming back to TBR.  I've missed them also.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #155 on: January 14, 2021, 08:47:44 pm »

Glad all is well with you.  :beer:   I missed ya too!   888heartkitty
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #156 on: January 15, 2021, 12:59:42 am »
TBR Thon still going on .....   time to feed the Bull Dogs.

pointing-down
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #157 on: January 15, 2021, 01:03:36 am »
Thanks for the bump...we are getting close..I want to close this down asap...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

BassWrangler

« Reply #158 on: January 15, 2021, 01:54:47 am »
Thanks for the bump...we are getting close..I want to close this down asap...

And another batch of the monthlies...

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #159 on: January 15, 2021, 03:02:12 am »
Here's my baby Spike the day we got him...miss him so much

Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #160 on: January 15, 2021, 02:41:08 pm »

C'mon, man! Feed the sad bulldog!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #161 on: January 15, 2021, 08:42:02 pm »
Last day for the thon.. :bullie smokin:
Support the USO

BassWrangler

« Reply #162 on: January 15, 2021, 08:42:59 pm »
Last day for the thon.. :bullie smokin:

Do you have a monetary target, and if so how much more do we need to hit it?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #163 on: January 15, 2021, 08:47:19 pm »
Do you have a monetary target, and if so how much more do we need to hit it?

Yes I do...although this is the most we have ever raised I am not sure it is enough if anything happens....only time will tell...

Looking at the problems Parler is having finding a server and getting back online scares me...I just hope we will be ignored as a little fish in a big pond.
Support the USO

BassWrangler

« Reply #164 on: January 15, 2021, 08:51:22 pm »
Yes I do...although this is the most we have ever raised I am not sure it is enough if anything happens....only time will tell...

Looking at the problems Parler is having finding a server and getting back online scares me...I just hope we will be ignored as a little fish in a big pond.

Can you PM me how much more we need? I can help a bit more.

Also, hopefully it will never come to this, but if you need any help in migration, I am happy to volunteer some time.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #165 on: January 15, 2021, 09:28:54 pm »
Can you PM me how much more we need? I can help a bit more.

Also, hopefully it will never come to this, but if you need any help in migration, I am happy to volunteer some time.

You have given a lot...but I may call on you to help with the migration...
Support the USO

BassWrangler

« Reply #166 on: January 15, 2021, 09:34:53 pm »
You have given a lot...but I may call on you to help with the migration...

Ok, sounds good.

I wish there were some way to extract money from Twitter or FaceBook and send it to TBR. I told my wife that my last contribution here was going to be financed by my not seeing and purchasing dog or firearm-related products from ads on FaceBook  wink777

Offline corbe

« Reply #167 on: January 16, 2021, 02:37:06 am »
   If Push comes to Shove, @mystery-ak There are obviously some here that have the desire AND the means to help you ensure your TBR Dream stays alive.  Unfortunately, I just paid my property taxes and am quite lite right now but will continue soon.

You're the Best.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #168 on: January 16, 2021, 02:42:04 am »
   If Push comes to Shove, @mystery-ak There are obviously some here that have the desire AND the means to help you ensure your TBR Dream stays alive.  Unfortunately, I just paid my property taxes and am quite lite right now but will continue soon.

You're the Best.

corbe...this was not the opportune time for me to do this I know...

Don't worry about it...life happens
Support the USO

Offline corbe

« Reply #169 on: January 16, 2021, 02:53:57 am »
   You explained that the contingency funds were dangerously LOW (2 months or less) with no Capital for Emergencies which may lurk just around the corner.  I appreciate your forward thinking in keeping this place available for your extended Family of Briefers to meet and chat about any damn thing we like.

:bighug:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #170 on: January 16, 2021, 03:02:52 am »
   You explained that the contingency funds were dangerously LOW (2 months or less) with no Capital for Emergencies which may lurk just around the corner.  I appreciate your forward thinking in keeping this place available for your extended Family of Briefers to meet and chat about any damn thing we like.

:bighug:

That's right but we are in better shape...now we have enough cash on hand to pay our bills for a year...whew!

...and some left over for an emergency...which is hard to predict naturally.

Support the USO

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #171 on: January 16, 2021, 04:08:57 am »

There is one thing we have going for us: we have moderators to keep the troublemakers at bay.

Parler, even though (from what I saw) the majority of posts were mainstream conservative thought, left itself open to bad actors with its lack of moderation. I get why they did, but it was a weakness that Big Tech exploited.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #172 on: January 16, 2021, 05:53:51 pm »

@corbe, I get you. I’ve been unplugging from all media in the past week, ten days because it’s just too upsetting. It’s not anything else, I just sometimes fear I’m going to loose my sanity since I can go literally weeks without seeing anyone now, except on tv.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #173 on: January 16, 2021, 06:40:00 pm »
Thank you @Gefn

Here's a puppy for you

Support the USO

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #174 on: January 16, 2021, 06:41:04 pm »
Thank you @Gefn

Here's a puppy for you

888heartkitty 888heartkitty 888heartkitty

I want to give him a forever home, and name him after my friend in heaven. He kinda looks like him, lol. Is he a bulldog @mystery-ak
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 06:42:51 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️