Author Topic: TBR Thon  (Read 9612 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: TBR Thon
« Reply #125 on: January 14, 2021, 01:10:06 am »
I've decided to self identify as a black female transtesticle, so I should qualify. Need to figure out how to change my nick to BassWranglerette.

You just might have a chance at qualifying...lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

« Reply #126 on: January 14, 2021, 01:15:03 am »
I've decided to self identify as a black female transtesticle, so I should qualify. Need to figure out how to change my nick to BassWranglerette.

You need to start growing your hair out now and learn to walk in a pair of heels.

Flip Wilson as "Geraldine" used to be hilarious,  now a days it would be seen as racist and transsexist.

Don't forget to feed the puppies!    "What you see is what you get"!   :rolling:

« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 01:19:48 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #127 on: January 14, 2021, 01:27:27 am »
You need to start growing your hair out now and learn to walk in a pair of heels.

Flip Wilson as "Geraldine" used to be hilarious,  now a days it would be seen as racist and transsexist.

Don't forget to feed the puppies!    "What you see is what you get"!   :rolling:

Used to love Flip Wilson's show..
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online libertybele

« Reply #128 on: January 14, 2021, 01:44:21 am »
Great skit .... Flip's moves and his swagger ....  :rolling: 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MnJwOks5yI

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

BassWrangler

« Reply #129 on: January 14, 2021, 02:18:07 am »

Not necessary as I also identify as a hard core feminist.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #130 on: January 14, 2021, 02:41:07 am »
I missed the mailman this morning (he came earlier than usual), but I dropped mine off at the post office this evening.  Should be there in a couple of days.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #131 on: January 14, 2021, 02:53:21 am »
I missed the mailman this morning (he came earlier than usual), but I dropped mine off at the post office this evening.  Should be there in a couple of days.

Thank you..I will check the box in a few days
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #132 on: January 14, 2021, 02:53:59 am »
No, I don't think the current sofa (Ikea) can even retain change.
We have a leather IKEA sofa upstairs (which never is sat upon anymore). About 20 years ago, my mother won a drawing for $10,000 in merchandise at the Pittsburgh store. I got a couch and a recliner, my sister got kitchen cabinets and my brother got bedroom furniture. We're the people who never win anything, so it was quite a pleasant surprise.  :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DB

« Reply #133 on: January 14, 2021, 02:54:51 am »
Thank you..I will check the box in a few days

How is this going?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #134 on: January 14, 2021, 03:04:29 am »

Thankyouthankyouthankyou, @Polly Ticks!

:woohoo: :elephant: :kisses2:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #135 on: January 14, 2021, 03:07:42 am »
How is this going?

We have a lot of generous members here.. wink777..I can't wait to wrap it up and take it down..I hate doing this.

Support the USO

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #136 on: January 14, 2021, 04:05:59 am »
LOL..you're not old enough for SS....

I just hit the big six-five the other day  (Jan 11th)!   I'm in the money now!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

BassWrangler

« Reply #137 on: January 14, 2021, 04:22:13 am »

Woohoo!  888high58888

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #138 on: January 14, 2021, 04:32:36 am »

Not waiting until 66 1/2?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

BassWrangler

« Reply #139 on: January 14, 2021, 04:39:00 am »

What happens at 66 1/2? I read some article the other day about pros and cons of different retirement ages w.r.t. social security, and I came away thinking it wasn't clear what the right option was.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #140 on: January 14, 2021, 04:51:22 am »
What happens at 66 1/2? I read some article the other day about pros and cons of different retirement ages w.r.t. social security, and I came away thinking it wasn't clear what the right option was.

66 1/2 is the minimim age (for my time frame) to get full benefits.

There are all kind of articles which give details of pro's /cons' of taking it early.  Supposedly 66 1/2 is the sweet spot for someone in decent health, and normal life expectancy. Then you got to work the details in how in fits in tax planning.  Also remember it gets reduced if you are a higher earner. (investiments)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #141 on: January 14, 2021, 05:03:49 am »
Medicare kicks in at age 65, I think.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

BassWrangler

« Reply #142 on: January 14, 2021, 05:11:40 am »
66 1/2 is the minimim age (for my time frame) to get full benefits.

There are all kind of articles which give details of pro's /cons' of taking it early.  Supposedly 66 1/2 is the sweet spot for someone in decent health, and normal life expectancy. Then you got to work the details in how in fits in tax planning.  Also remember it gets reduced if you are a higher earner. (investiments)

I see. Thank you.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #143 on: January 14, 2021, 06:06:51 am »
Medicare kicks in at age 65, I think.

Yes.  Facing that in bout a year , and will be seeing how good my Retirement insurance will function as a supplement

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #144 on: January 14, 2021, 10:23:49 am »
I ain't been around a lot lately.  Moving, working, working, moving...  But I'll cover one.  @mystery-ak - PM that PO Box.

Hiya @Lando Lincoln ! The big move to the North Woods! I remember that was coming. Sane folks do that sort of thing in the summertime around here...

So hows the new digs? Settling in alright?

And the bet got covered... @corbe threw the last one down. Though the way this thread is going, I may do another.  :laugh:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #145 on: January 14, 2021, 02:29:41 pm »

No not waiting.... we did the math.  Taking the money now I'll actually come out ahead in money until I get into my mid 80's.  We don't need the SS money now so I'm investing most of it and using the rest for fun stuff. 

YMMV depending on your situation.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #146 on: January 14, 2021, 02:32:57 pm »
No not waiting.... we did the math.  Taking the money now I'll actually come out ahead in money until I get into my mid 80's.  We don't need the SS money now so I'm investing most of it and using the rest for fun stuff. 

I am sending all mine back as tax withholdings.  Conveniently will cover most tax liability, and won't have to jack with quarterly estimated payments.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #147 on: January 14, 2021, 02:34:32 pm »

:yowsa: Waiting is a losing proposition for most people but many never bother to do as you did and do the math.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #148 on: January 14, 2021, 02:39:21 pm »

Only you can cheer up this sad puppy with a TBR donation!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #149 on: January 14, 2021, 02:41:51 pm »
:yowsa: Waiting is a losing proposition for most people but many never bother to do as you did and do the math.

Yep, but you also have to factor in upcoming economic factors too.  I went through a real complicated set  up spreadsheet, with what I thought would be the trend on interest rates, rate of return of equities invested from Year 1, Year 2, Year 3, etc. , Tax implcations of incremental increase income, and lastly evaulate core investments on ROE basis.  Last look...  optimum for me was age 68.33.  Of course my parameters probably need to updated to reflect a Biden induced inflationary risk.