Author Topic: Trump defends remarks before Capitol riots, calling them 'totally appropriate'  (Read 151 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump defends remarks before Capitol riots, calling them 'totally appropriate'
By Brett Samuels - 01/12/21 10:51 AM EST

President Trump on Tuesday said his remarks to supporters just before they stormed the U.S. Capitol last week were "totally appropriate," even as they have become the basis for an article of impeachment against him.

"They've analyzed my speech and my words and my final paragraph, my final sentence, and everybody, to the T, thought it was totally appropriate," Trump told reporters as he departed Joint Base Andrews to visit the border with Mexico.

He also sought to redirect focus from the deadly rioting to comments from other politicians made last summer during protests against racial injustice, saying they were "a real problem," though he did not elaborate.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/533802-trump-defends-remarks-before-capitol-riots-calling-them-totally
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34