Author Topic: Republicans Have a Choice to Make Post-Trump, They’d Best Choose Wisely  (Read 8212 times)

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
What evidence do you have that they're not?  @HoustonSam

@Right_in_Virginia

You made the assertion that Congressional Rs are trying to get Trump killed, so you bear the burden of proof for that assertion.  I didn't assert anything so I am not required to prove anything, only to acknowledge proof that you provide.  That's the way logical argumentation works.

We each know where the other stands on the various moving parts of this issue, and we agree much more than we disagree.  I don't see what good comes from arguing the few disagreements further.  I'm pretty sure Travis' men at the Alamo and Custer's at Little Big Horn forgot whatever differences they might have had among themselves and pointed all their guns outward.
James 1:20

Online libertybele

No problems.   There is plenty of Republican " bench strength"  that can provide effective leadership.

Right now i like the idea of Mike Pompeo.  But there are plenty of others.   We just have get over the idolatry of Donald Trump.

What part of we won't see another fair election or another GOP seated don't you understand?  Whether you want to believe it or not, the DEMS stole the election and nothing is going to stop them from continuing to steal elections.  They were almost successful here in FL during the mid terms and DeSantis finally was declared victorious by a slim margin of less than 1%; it's not the first time that they've tried to steal elections, but this time around their fraud resulted in unseating our President.

Secondly, they have vowed to change the electoral college to a majority win. and with them granting asylum/voting rights to millions of illegals, it will be mathematically impossible for a GOP candidate to win.

Thirdly, what make you actually believe that the GOP is even going to exist by next election?  The DEMS want total control and after that the globalists will kick them out.

These are all valid assertions that I am making and questions that I'm asking.  You truly need to open your eyes and see what is happening, otherwise this is all going to smack you square in your face.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

No problems.   There is plenty of Republican " bench strength"  that can provide effective leadership.

Right now i like the idea of Mike Pompeo.  But there are plenty of others.   We just have get over the idolatry of Donald Trump.

Anyone who ever said anything nice about Trump is going to be lumped in with the others, don't you get it?    They want all Rs dead, even the ones who are bashing Trump now, it doesn't matter.

BassWrangler

If I had my choice it would be someone who represents and believes in Trump's America First policy, but who is more polished and steps on his Johnson less frequently. Preferably someone missing thumbs or who doesn't have a Twatter account.

Some possibilities :

Ron DeSantis
Kristi Noem

At one point I liked Nikki Haley, but I'm concerned she's too establishment.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 07:50:32 pm by BassWrangler »

Offline cato potatoe

If I had my choice it would be someone who represents and believes in Trump's America First policy, but who is more polished and steps on his Johnson less frequently. Preferably someone missing thumbs or who doesn't have a Twatter account.

Some possibilities :

Ron DeSantis
Kristi Noem

At one point I liked Nikki Haley, but I'm concerned she's too establishment.

Any of those would be fine with me.  DeSantis will face a difficult reelection campaign.  Haley draws a lot of flak but I'm not sure why.  The administration's foreign policy has largely been a success. 

Offline dfwgator

Any of those would be fine with me.  DeSantis will face a difficult reelection campaign.  Haley draws a lot of flak but I'm not sure why.  The administration's foreign policy has largely been a success.

If DeSantis survives, without throwing Trump under the bus in the process,  he's good to go for 2024.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Gov DeSoto takes a lot of flack from the big urban libtards but the the red parts of the state like the job he's done.  Kept the state free after the initial lockdown.  No Mask mandate state wide and if counties have a mandate they cannot fine non maskholes for not wearing face underwear. Fl is open for business and we have lower Covid related UE than most states our size.  Besides Hospitals givin the Rona shots he gave Publix Supermarkets the Vax and they are doing better than the "burro" crates that run the heath care system.   Florida is God's waiting room and we don't kill our seniors like Guido The great big Pr(I)ck up in NY.  Our seasoned residents go to the head of the Vax line, not to the slab in a warehouse morgue waiting to be burried in a mass grave when the ground thaws.   

« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 08:25:59 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

Assuming Trump passes the torch to DeSantis, it would be good for them to work together, in other words,  DeSantis needs to bluntly tell Trump what to do in order to help, and not hurt his chances, but do it privately.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
What part of we won't see another fair election or another GOP seated don't you understand?  Whether you want to believe it or not, the DEMS stole the election and nothing is going to stop them from continuing to steal elections.  They were almost successful here in FL during the mid terms and DeSantis finally was declared victorious by a slim margin of less than 1%; it's not the first time that they've tried to steal elections, but this time around their fraud resulted in unseating our President.

Secondly, they have vowed to change the electoral college to a majority win. and with them granting asylum/voting rights to millions of illegals, it will be mathematically impossible for a GOP candidate to win.

Thirdly, what make you actually believe that the GOP is even going to exist by next election?  The DEMS want total control and after that the globalists will kick them out.

These are all valid assertions that I am making and questions that I'm asking.  You truly need to open your eyes and see what is happening, otherwise this is all going to smack you square in your face.

The GOP,  once it gets over its drunken bender with the resident megalomaniac,  will do just fine.  It will continue to win elections well into the future.   There is so much real talent on our side,  some of it elevated by Trump (e.g., Pompeo)

Right now Trump is harming the party rather than helping, IMO,  so the faster he's consigned to the dustbin,  the better.   Honestly, the Capitol mob has erased my last vestige of empathy for the man.  What an embarrassment he has been.    And one reason for my antipathy is that he has had no appreciation for how the party has carried his water.    Loyalty to party means nothing to him.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Anyone who ever said anything nice about Trump is going to be lumped in with the others, don't you get it?    They want all Rs dead, even the ones who are bashing Trump now, it doesn't matter.

Such drama.   The GOP will be just fine.

Online libertybele

DeSantis has been caught up in his lies. Blaming past Gov. Scott for the failure of the unemployment disaster that has taken place was one of them.  There are still people who haven't received dime one or who never received full compensation.  He knew about the problem and failed to fix it and failed to fix it even after supposedly he hired a company to install new software.

Right now he has assigned Dane Eagle to oversee the department. I've met Dane in person and he is great in getting things done.

Once Trump leaves office, we'll see if DeSantis keeps his promises or if he caves to the leftists and shuts us down.

Trump has carried him; let's see how well he does on his own.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

I for one could support DeSantis or Haley.   Trump's political demise may be a blessing by allowing some of this cream to rise.

BassWrangler

DeSantis has been caught up in his lies. Blaming past Gov. Scott for the failure of the unemployment disaster that has taken place was one of them.  There are still people who haven't received dime one or who never received full compensation.  He knew about the problem and failed to fix it and failed to fix it even after supposedly he hired a company to install new software.

Right now he has assigned Dane Eagle to oversee the department. I've met Dane in person and he is great in getting things done.

Once Trump leaves office, we'll see if DeSantis keeps his promises or if he caves to the leftists and shuts us down.

Trump has carried him; let's see how well he does on his own.

Based on how fervently CNN hates him, I would say he has promise.

Online libertybele

The GOP,  once it gets over its drunken bender with the resident megalomaniac,  will do just fine.  It will continue to win elections well into the future.   There is so much real talent on our side,  some of it elevated by Trump (e.g., Pompeo)

Right now Trump is harming the party rather than helping, IMO,  so the faster he's consigned to the dustbin,  the better.   Honestly, the Capitol mob has erased my last vestige of empathy for the man.  What an embarrassment he has been.    And one reason for my antipathy is that he has had no appreciation for how the party has carried his water.    Loyalty to party means nothing to him.

@Jazzhead we can run as many staunch conservatives as we are able to and they won't win.  Again, what part of DEM fraud and corruption preventing the GOP from holding seats don't you get??

Loyalty to party??  It should be the other way around.  Those that we seat are elected officials and their loyalty should lay at the feet of those who voted for them. They work for us. 

I have absolutely NO loyalty to the GOP.  I have loyalty to the Constitution and to conservatives who are willing to uphold the constitution.

Online libertybele

Based on how many people haven't received a dime in unemployment compensation or haven't received full compensation, I'd say his chances are slim to none.  He narrowly won his seat by less than 1%.

I don't see another election in 2022 that isn't won by DEM fraud nor do I see any election in 2024 in the first place.

He would have to carry his own state to get the nomination and I don't see that happening.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 08:49:13 pm by libertybele »

Offline skeeter

My support of any candidate from this point forward will depend upon how strongly they oppose the leadership in both parties. The GOP can p*ss up a rope along with their rat ‘colleagues’.

Offline cato potatoe

I have heard about the delays.  However, the state appears to be run efficiently in other regards.  Hawaii and Nevada have annihilated their tourism industries while Florida kept most things running.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Based on how many people haven't received a dime in unemployment compensation or haven't received full compensation, I'd say his chances are slim to none.  He narrowly won his seat by less than 1%.

I don't see another election in 2022 that isn't won by DEM fraud nor do I see any election in 2024 in the first place.

He would have to carry his own state to get the nomination and I don't see that happening.

What really gets your Desota Hate boner going?  Seriously, UE comp is your big ass speed bump?   What a joke. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I for one could support DeSantis or Haley.   

Well...there's the kiss of death.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I for one could support DeSantis or Haley.   Trump's political demise may be a blessing by allowing some of this cream to rise.

Haley?  Queen of the early SJW yank down statues, and flags bitch?  Yeah that's about par for you.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia

You made the assertion that Congressional Rs are trying to get Trump killed,

No, I did not @HoustonSam   I made the assertion that Congressional Rs adding fuel to the frenzy are helping to put the President's safety at risk ... whether these jackasses know it or not.  Prove my assertion wrong.

Such drama.   

Oh, so you DO read my posts @Jazzhead  I've called you a drama queen for days now.

BTW, have you worked up the nerve yet to watch the videos I've been posting to you for days and answer the question I asked?

Or are you going to finally admit you're behaving like a hypocritical troll?

The GOP,  once it gets over its drunken bender with the resident megalomaniac,  will do just fine. 

Keep posting @Jazzhead  You're single-handedly killing the GOP. Thank you!   :bighug:

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Choose wisely, as the democrats are seething with hate and rage towards Trump and any that haven't abandoned him.  and the democrats have impeached Trump AGAIN. and the Trump haters and covert haters of Trump still seethe with rage with hatred and intolerance wanting to lynch Trump, and its only 'fair' and equal' for it to be so.  Maybe we could have a lynch Trump topic weekly to mollify the anger, hatred, and intolerance, to be 'fair' and 'equal' of course.  It's worked great so far, hasn't it?  Visiting DU can come and feel right at home.  Maybe hold a purge or two, eh? Remember, don't criticize them, they are ultra sensitive, esp when they pee on us.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

BassWrangler

Choose wisely, as the democrats are seething with hate and rage towards Trump and any that haven't abandoned him.  and the democrats have impeached Trump AGAIN. and the Trump haters and covert haters of Trump still seethe with rage with hatred and intolerance wanting to lynch Trump, and its only 'fair' and equal' for it to be so.  Maybe we could have a lynch Trump topic weekly to mollify the anger, hatred, and intolerance, to be 'fair' and 'equal' of course.  It's worked great so far, hasn't it?  Visiting DU can come and feel right at home.  Maybe hold a purge or two, eh? Remember, don't criticize them, they are ultra sensitive, esp when they pee on us.

Hard pass.