Author Topic: Republicans Have a Choice to Make Post-Trump, They’d Best Choose Wisely  (Read 8204 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

There'll be no defeating the rats for the foreseeable future. The only hope I see is their overreaching today is creating a legion of radicalized opponents who might possibly turn things around tomorrow - as candidates at all levels of government AND as voters.

Might not be in my lifetime though.

It's not going to be in anyone's lifetime.  This election fraud coup was the crowning glory to a government sinking in a corrupt swamp of their own creation.  No one gets in without their permission.  No one.  Ever again.

Online roamer_1

There'll be no defeating the rats for the foreseeable future. The only hope I see is their overreaching today is creating a legion of radicalized opponents who might possibly turn things around tomorrow - as candidates at all levels of government AND as voters.

I think you are  wrong in that. 2 years from now, when most of the country is still in lockdown, and people finally KNOW it's a scam, there stands a moment of clarity and rebellion and states rights... an opportunity  like we have never met before. An if we meet it again with mere populism instead of statesmanship, all will be lost. Again.

What the people need is answers. What the people will respond to is a real and actionable plan... What needs to happen is a 'throw the bastards out' moment driven by young conservatives with another contract with America. And two years after that, perhaps a president of the same stature.

Offline skeeter

I think you are  wrong in that. 2 years from now, when most of the country is still in lockdown, and people finally KNOW it's a scam, there stands a moment of clarity and rebellion and states rights... an opportunity  like we have never met before. An if we meet it again with mere populism instead of statesmanship, all will be lost. Again.

What the people need is answers. What the people will respond to is a real and actionable plan... What needs to happen is a 'throw the bastards out' moment driven by young conservatives with another contract with America. And two years after that, perhaps a president of the same stature.
You lose me when you use vague, charged terms like populism and statesmanship. The Constitution is the Constitution, and patriotism is patriotism. its no more complicated than that.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 03:37:10 pm by skeeter »

Online roamer_1

You lose me when you use vague terms like populism and statesmanship. The Constitution is the Constitution, and patriotism is patriotism.

no. My whacko left sister believes herself to be a patriot and supposes her side to be adhering to the Constitution. She too followed a populist named Hillary Clinton. Her thinking on all that drives me nuts - But the vagaries are with you.

Offline skeeter

no. My whacko left sister believes herself to be a patriot and supposes her side to be adhering to the Constitution. She too followed a populist named Hillary Clinton. Her thinking on all that drives me nuts - But the vagaries are with you.

I cannot account for the delusions of some. Today's left evokes the Constitution all of the time yet by their actions they clearly aren't reading it. They also consider themselves statesmen.

Words mean what they mean. You either love and take them to heart or you don't.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
And it's not going to @HoustonSam  Congressional Rs can't entertain and vote for impeaching for a second time the founder of the movement.
You could be right @Right_in_Virginia.  I don't have much confidence that the R party will figure this out, neither among the R establishment nor among the R rank-and-file.  To the extent Congressional Rs enlist in censure or impeachment votes, they further destroy any hope of effective R party re-alignment and recovery.  They should learn the lesson of the Ds, all of whom gathered to declare Clinton "the greatest president in history" when he was impeached; they will never get media or "independent" or "moderate D" support by opposing R presidents, so why forsake R support by doing so?  They care more for their own "virtuous" identity and their sinecures than they care about what their voters believe or what's best for the country.
They're trying to beat him to death, literally.  I'm serious about this.  They are trying to have the President killed.  COVID didn't work so now they're counting on one lunatic who believes the frenzy Congress has created is real.
You might want to switch to de-caf.  I'm sure there are plenty of Ds and "progressives" who would not hesitate, but the idea that the R establishment wants this requires a lot more evidence to sustain.  But having said this, watch now for a push to deny ex-President Trump Secret Service protection.
James 1:20

Online roamer_1

I cannot account for the delusions of some. Today's left evokes the Constitution all of the time yet by their actions they clearly aren't reading it. They also consider themselves statesmen.

Words mean what they mean. You either love and take them to heart or you don't.

And there it is... The ever-present argument between orthodoxy and the heretic. Interpretation.

I have been having this same argument in religious circles for most of my life.

Offline skeeter

And there it is... The ever-present argument between orthodoxy and the heretic. Interpretation.

I have been having this same argument in religious circles for most of my life.

Yeah, but I cannot think of a charter that has a larger body of interpretative documentation than does the US Constitution.

In spite of the emanations and penumbras.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 03:58:04 pm by skeeter »

Online roamer_1

Yeah, but I cannot think of a charter that has a larger body of interpretative documentation than does the US Constitution.

In spite of the emanations and penumbras.

Oh, but I would say that would be the Bible. Torah particularly. And in spite of Yah's FIRM declaration that none of it would ever change, not a single jot or tittle... There are tens of thousands of interpretations that do exactly that. By those that purport to be disciples no less.

This is very much in the same vein - As a textual critic and always the originalist, minding every single letter, I can see you from here. I get it.

But I am not so swift to deny others their interpretations. What is needed is reason. And that is not to be found today on either side of the political realm.

You might want to switch to de-caf.  I'm sure there are plenty of Ds and "progressives" who would not hesitate, but the idea that the R establishment wants this requires a lot more evidence to sustain.  But having said this, watch now for a push to deny ex-President Trump Secret Service protection.

Please don't ridicule me @HoustonSam  I am deeply troubled and concerned about the President's safety and the safety of his family. This frenzy is spiraling out of control.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Coming to grips with reality

IMHO the time for efforts to restore the Republic known as the United States of America has passed. (Personally, I consider that to be a fact, but I will merely state it as an opinion; you can determine your own categorization.)

John Adams told us long ago that “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” and we, in large measure, have come to the point where that applies.

There are countless descriptions of How, Why, Who, Where, and When, the evil has been unleashed on our once great experiment. Seek them out, if merely to refresh your memory and firm your understanding.

I will point to the "Long March Through the Institutions" as devised by Dutschke as the workable embodiment of Gramsci's original concept of Cultural Marxism, as the most effective tool that has been deployed to destroy the Republic of the United States of America.

The long march of cultural marxism through the institutions of the United States government and civil society is a very handy and succinct way of collecting and categorizing all of the evil that has been implanted and unleashed, to destroy the United States of America. When you think about it, it covers it all. That is a fact, and it has been more effective, and fast-moving, than any of its evil plotters could have ever imagined.

Because it has been allowed to flourish so broadly and deeply, the target of its destruction, the United States of America, has devolved beyond the point of resurrection. This is a bitter pill to swallow. Every aspect of our being works to prevent us from embracing and digesting that fact and that is why we sit where we sit as 2021 embarks from the station.

But that is all behind us now, the milk cannot be unspilled, we must now reap what we have sown and move on trying in earnest to make the most of the time that we have remaining and, for me, that means getting involved in and becoming fully supportive of The Texas Nationalst Movement
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 06:10:44 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bilo

@Fishrrman

I'd be happy to:

Senator Tim Scott of South Carolina
Senator John Kennedy of Louisiana

Just to name two. There are many others I could mention as well - Governors Greg Abbott (R-TX), Ron DeSantis (R-FL), and quite a few young House members as well.

The point is that Trump is not the beginning and end of the movement that he created.

It will outlast his political viability - because in spite of his character flaws - he was absolutely right about Washington, D.C. and about the Deep State.

When Trump decides to step aside DeSantis is the man to watch.

DeSantis fights and is not afraid to be out front. For example he just announced that FL. will divest itself of Apple, Google, Amazon & Twitter. If other Pub Gov.'s start doing the same these enemies of freedom will start to feel it in their bottom line.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

This is where the entire R party needs to land.

It won't as long as the Liz Cheney's in the party are in positions of power.

Offline bilo

Just saw an article on Bongino Report that now 24% of the country is not opposed to separation. As the left destroys more freedoms and promotes identity politics I think the % will grow. At some point a Gov., or Gov.'s, will see separation as a viable alternative and a real discussion of how can begin.

Offline bilo

It's not going to be in anyone's lifetime. This election fraud coup was the crowning glory to a government sinking in a corrupt swamp of their own creation.  No one gets in without their permission.  No one.  Ever again.

Once people accept this reality and if they refuse to give up then next step is obvious.

Offline skeeter

Please don't ridicule me @HoustonSam  I am deeply troubled and concerned about the President's safety and the safety of his family. This frenzy is spiraling out of control.
you aren’t alone.

But these things have a way of turning on a dime so let’s see what happens.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten

@Right_in_Virginia

I don't doubt that "progressives" and Ds in Congress actually wish Trump and his family the gravest physical harm, and I predict that the same people will attempt to deny Secret Service protection to ex-President Trump in order to put his life at risk.

I understood your assertion to be that Congressional Rs join in colluding against the Trump family's safety; there is no evidence for that belief.
James 1:20

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Right_in_Virginia

I don't doubt that "progressives" and Ds in Congress actually wish Trump and his family the gravest physical harm, and I predict that the same people will attempt to deny Secret Service protection to ex-President Trump in order to put his life at risk.

I understood your assertion to be that Congressional Rs join in colluding against the Trump family's safety; there is no evidence for that belief.

The Rats want to take Trump's Secret Service protection away.  If any Pubbies join them, then there's your list.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

If other Pub Gov.'s start doing the same these enemies of freedom will start to feel it in their bottom

Heh. Had to.  happy77

:nono: :laugh:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
If the only choice Republicans have is between a Beltway globalist and a populist with the emotional intelligence of a toddler, they've got big problems.

No problems.   There is plenty of Republican " bench strength"  that can provide effective leadership.

Right now i like the idea of Mike Pompeo.  But there are plenty of others.   We just have get over the idolatry of Donald Trump.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
No problems.   There is plenty of Republican " bench strength"  that can provide effective leadership.

Right now i like the idea of Mike Pompeo.  But there are plenty of others.   We just have get over the idolatry of Donald Trump.

The only "idolatry" I see is of the Emmanuel Goldstein variety,  and it's from you.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It's not going to be in anyone's lifetime.  This election fraud coup was the crowning glory to a government sinking in a corrupt swamp of their own creation.  No one gets in without their permission.  No one.  Ever again.

I will simply say that on the day Joe Biden is sworn in as president of the United States of America the American flag that has long flown on the flagpole in my yard comes down to be replaced with a Texas flag and my allegiance will be to Texas only from that point forward. @Right_in_Virginia
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 06:35:40 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

@Right_in_Virginia

What evidence do you have that they're not?  @HoustonSam

I will simply say that on the day Joe Biden is sworn in as president of the United States of America the American flag that has long flown on the flagpole in my yard comes down to be replaced with a Texas flag and my allegiance will be to Texas only from that point forward. @Right_in_Virginia

Lucky you @Bigun  I'm stuck in the People's Republic of Virginia.  :crying:

Offline skeeter

The only "idolatry" I see is of the Emmanuel Goldstein variety,  and it's from you.
For someone who wants to get past Trump @Jazzhead cant seem to make a post without mentioning him.