Author Topic: Republicans Have a Choice to Make Post-Trump, They’d Best Choose Wisely  (Read 8201 times)

Offline dfwgator

Glad to see not everyone here has drank the kool-aid. QFT

You drank the MSM Kool-Aid

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

No, I just observed the actions (fruits) of Trump... When you post photoshopped pictures of folks picking their nose, perhaps the maturity isn't there... When you mock the accent of people you fired, the maturity isn't there. I expected that from my 9y/o kids, not the president.

The MSM (which includes Fox News) thought those actions were endearing... I didn't.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 05:59:43 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online roamer_1

If the only choice Republicans have is between a Beltway globalist and a populist with the emotional intelligence of a toddler, they've got big problems.

FACTS.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
If the only choice Republicans have is between a Beltway globalist and a populist with the emotional intelligence of a toddler, they've got big problems.

That wasn't the only choice though... back in 2016 it was a three way between kasich, trump and cruz I believe.

Cruz was the better of those 3 IMO.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

And now he will soon be in a battle for his own political survival.  I have no idea at what level or point the witch hunt will end.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

• Technical
And now he will soon be in a battle for his own political survival.  I have no idea at what level or point the witch hunt will end.

It takes 66 Senators to expel a Senator I believe. I don't think he's in a battle... but maybe next election?

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
It takes 66 Senators to expel a Senator I believe. I don't think he's in a battle... but maybe next election?

In this hostile environment, it might not be too hard to pick off 17 RINOS.  Hawley and Cruz might be cast off as a peace offering by the cowering GOP that is left.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

In this hostile environment, it might not be too hard to pick off 17 RINOS.  Hawley and Cruz might be cast off as a peace offering by the cowering GOP that is left.

It takes 2/3 of the Senate to expel or censor a Senator and I believe 2/3 of the House to expel a Representative.

I have no doubt that Cruz's career is over and with over 6,000 lawyers and law students asking for him to resign, his career as a lawyer is over as well.

How sad that a man who stood up for the TRUTH, the CONSTITUTION and put his country first is going to be disbarred and condemned from political office.

I have little doubt now that had Cruz won the Presidency the leftists would have attacked him just as they have and are attacking Trump.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 07:41:03 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

How sad that a man who stood up for the TRUTH, the CONSTITUTION and put his country first is going to be disbarred and condemned from political office.

I have little doubt now that had Cruz won the Presidency the leftists would have attacked him just as they have and are attacking Trump.

Worse. Cruz is an actual Conservative.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten

Not only that, he's the outsider that Trump's supporters looked for, and are still looking for.  He was detested by both the R establishment and the Ds for not compromising critical Constitutional and Conservative beliefs in the interest of "bipartisanship".  He didn't compromise those principles when he told the farmers of Iowa during the 2016 nominating contest that he opposed the ethanol subsidy; he didn't compromise those principles at the Republican National Convention of 2016 and he was widely excoriated for it by Trump supporters; and he didn't compromise those principles when he became essentially the last man standing in Congress trying to defend the credibility of the vote and is now being excoriated again by the left.

I doubt that he'll be expelled from the Senate but we'll have to see what people like Romney, Toomey, and Murkowski say about it.
James 1:20

Online roamer_1

Not only that, he's the outsider that Trump's supporters looked for, and are still looking for.  He was detested by both the R establishment and the Ds for not compromising critical Constitutional and Conservative beliefs in the interest of "bipartisanship".  He didn't compromise those principles when he told the farmers of Iowa during the 2016 nominating contest that he opposed the ethanol subsidy; he didn't compromise those principles at the Republican National Convention of 2016 and he was widely excoriated for it by Trump supporters; and he didn't compromise those principles when he became essentially the last man standing in Congress trying to defend the credibility of the vote and is now being excoriated again by the left.

I doubt that he'll be expelled from the Senate but we'll have to see what people like Romney, Toomey, and Murkowski say about it.

YEP. And I think he could have commanded the few Conservatives into a bloc and played 'Gang of Eight' games... And he would have focused on law.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well...Trump's not a general, and we are not at war.

Hold it right there.  I hope you figure out very soon that we are, in fact, at war with these people.  They've been at war with us for years, and we'd better damned well realize that!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That wasn't the only choice though... back in 2016 it was a three way between kasich, trump and cruz I believe.

LOL!  Chop-Chop Kasich was so far from the brass ring he needed a telescope to see it.  Only Jazzy thinks he would have been a good President.

:mauslaff:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

You can say what you will about Trump,   but he could galvanize people in a way Ted never could.   Ted is perfect right where he is.

Offline bilo

Hold it right there.  I hope you figure out very soon that we are, in fact, at war with these people.  They've been at war with us for years, and we'd better damned well realize that!

:amen:

The Pub establishment is on drugs if they think they are going to win the majority any time soon after abandoning Trump. Trump was right. The election was stolen and he did not incite a riot. If the Pubs had learned anything they would have all rallied around Trump after the riot. Instead they ran away. Why would I or any other Trump supporter ever vote for them again.

It's time to get behind the fighters and support them. 
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

You can say what you will about Trump,   but he could galvanize people in a way Ted never could.   Ted is perfect right where he is.

I was a Cruz supporter and still am, but you're right. Trump is a rare figure. He fights with a consistency and intensity we haven't seen since Lincoln.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline mikezpen

Trump is the only Republican politician I've ever seen who gave the media what it deserved.I LOVED THAT!They are NOT to be treated as legitimate nor respected, because they are out to see the leftist agenda imposed on America by any means within their reach.To that end, they will try to destroy any Republican with a worthwhile agenda.

Online roamer_1

Trump is the only Republican politician I've ever seen who gave the media what it deserved.I LOVED THAT!They are NOT to be treated as legitimate nor respected, because they are out to see the leftist agenda imposed on America by any means within their reach.To that end, they will try to destroy any Republican with a worthwhile agenda.

Yeah, it feels so good to dot their eye... But that ain't how you fix that.

• Technical
Yeah, it feels so good to dot their eye... But that ain't how you fix that.

You're 100% right. If it was, Trump would have been re-elected.

Online libertybele

:amen:

The Pub establishment is on drugs if they think they are going to win the majority any time soon after abandoning Trump. Trump was right. The election was stolen and he did not incite a riot. If the Pubs had learned anything they would have all rallied around Trump after the riot. Instead they ran away. Why would I or any other Trump supporter ever vote for them again.

It's time to get behind the fighters and support them.

From my viewpoint, there are very few conservatives in both the Senate and the House -- I will not vote for anyone just because they claim to be Republican or are the lesser of the two evils -  those days are over.  As for fighters like Cruz and Hawley ... they'll be shown the door by leadership.

IMHO thinking that there is going to be another election; even in 2022, is very wishful thinking.   
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

^^^ This
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline dfwgator

F the Republicans, they are irrelevant.  They only serve as cover for the Democrats in the illusion that there is a choice.

Might as well just vote for the most reasonable Rat in the primaries. That's the only way to make a difference now.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

You missed the Reagan years didn't you?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online roamer_1

You're 100% right. If it was, Trump would have been re-elected.

What is needed is a studied and determined, relentless way forward.
Populism cannot do that.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten

You make a fair point @dfwgator, Trump is much more charismatic.  I like Ted’s principled intellect but that’s not necessarily enough to win.
James 1:20