Author Topic: Republicans Have a Choice to Make Post-Trump, They’d Best Choose Wisely  (Read 8194 times)

Offline dfwgator

You missed the Reagan years didn't you?

The media is a lot different than they were in the Reagan years,  it's not even close.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I remember when the rats ginned up scandals against Ronnie.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The media is a lot different than they were in the Reagan years,  it's not even close.

Actually it was worse back then...pre dissolution of the Fairness you hand three broadcast networks and three major newspapers that controlled everything people knew without alternative means to verify what was being reported. 

Reagan didn’t have social media NewsMax TV OANN etc to go around the MSM of his day.  He had to put his should down and go straight through them to get to the people. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I remember when the rats ginned up scandals against Ronnie.

The whole Bush flew to Paris in an SR-71.

Reagan was the Devil come to life because he had six letters in his first middle and last names. 

Etc etc etc

Hell even Trump hated Reagan back then because of Ronnie’s tax reforms that closed loopholes. 

The Donald claimed his policies were straight out of the USSR. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
andy wrote:
"I'd prefer a populist who can control his emotions."

That's fine, Andy. Your point is well-taken.
Now... name two.

Mr. Trump would have won without the demo-communist underground election fraud that's apparent to anyone who was actually looking and gave a damn. I would have gladly put up with his "childishness" for four more years.

Instead of the communism that's coming at us, full speed ahead.

Having said that, the "traditional" Republican establishment is hangin' on the edge of a cliff (and this is in spite of the extra seats that were picked up).

Without the swing states that Mr. Trump won in 2016 -- and without Georgia, which is now clearly a blue state -- there will be no more Republican presidents.

And without the possibility of achieving the presidency again, the Republican party will soon become "a shrinking core" as the demo-communists install their "election apparatus" structures in other states as well. I expect them to target Texas and Florida in due time.

If Mr. Trump somehow keeps himself in good health and runs again in 2024, I will gladly vote for him one more time. Even considering the events of the last month, nobody in the Republican party can still hold a candle to him right now.

Nobody.

Offline roamer_1

You make a fair point @dfwgator, Trump is much more charismatic.  I like Ted’s principled intellect but that’s not necessarily enough to win.

But charisma means nothing - winning means nothing, if the ball never moves. Pyrrhic victory anyone?

Offline bilo

From my viewpoint, there are very few conservatives in both the Senate and the House -- I will not vote for anyone just because they claim to be Republican or are the lesser of the two evils -  those days are over.  As for fighters like Cruz and Hawley ... they'll be shown the door by leadership.

IMHO thinking that there is going to be another election; even in 2022, is very wishful thinking.

:amen:

Most of my life I "settled" and then was disappointed when the Pub I supported failed me.

Cruz and Hawley are both on my must support list. I'm putting together a list and next month I will start going down the list and contribute $100 to a candidate. It's not a lot but it's a start. I would encourage others to do the same. We can all see that any conservative that dares to represent us is being targeted for defunding.

You're right we may not see another election, unless the left can fix it so they never lose. From what I've seen the Pubs are well on the way to marginalizing themselves. I just saw on Newsmax that 80% of Trump voters polled are saying they won't support any Pub that votes for impeachment.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

I didn't. Reagan was incredible, but he didn't fight like Trump or as hard.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline dfwgator

But charisma means nothing - winning means nothing, if the ball never moves. Pyrrhic victory anyone?

I will say, after Goldwater got thumped in 1964,  out of the ashes rose Reagan.

But unfortunately, that was back when elections were still for the most part fair.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I didn't. Reagan was incredible, but he didn't fight like Trump or as hard.

And yet if you study history and going all the way back to his support for Goldwater and his time as Governor and the '76 and '80 campaigns...he did.

As I pointed out in some ways because of the media vise grip on info...he had to fight harder.

Offline dfwgator

And yet if you study history and going all the way back to his support for Goldwater and his time as Governor and the '76 and '80 campaigns...he did.

As I pointed out in some ways because of the media vise grip on info...he had to fight harder.

But Reagan also had a lot of friends in Hollywood and the media going back to his acting days.   That matters. 

Offline Mesaclone

Is a Pyrhhic victory worse than continual crushing defeat? FYI, it’s possible to govern conservatively AND have some charisma...in fact, it’s essential if you ever hope to actually win an election. If your goal is simply to be a purist and perpetually lose...well...in that case you’re right, charisma is not needed.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Is a Pyrhhic victory worse than continual crushing defeat? FYI, it’s possible to govern conservatively AND have some charisma...in fact, it’s essential if you ever hope to actually win an election. [...]

I wish I'd said this @Mesaclone   :laugh:

No one has had to fight as hard against the full force of the US Federal government, including his own political party, as Donald Trump has just to do his job.  No one.

And what the President (Trump) accomplished is nothing short of miraculous.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
But Reagan also had a lot of friends in Hollywood and the media going back to his acting days.   That matters.

Actually he left Hollywood and quit the SAG as it’s president because of the rising Communist presence in its ranks.

“I didn’t leave the Democrat Party it left me”

He had no friends in Hollywood...none that would admit it in public anyway...by the time he became President. 

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
He had no friends in Hollywood...none that would admit it in public anyway...by the time he became President.

I remember the "Jane Wyman was right" bumper stickers and seeing Reagan written off as the stupid straight man to a chimp.
James 1:20

Offline andy58-in-nh

andy wrote:
"I'd prefer a populist who can control his emotions."

That's fine, Andy. Your point is well-taken.
Now... name two.
@Fishrrman

I'd be happy to:

Senator Tim Scott of South Carolina
Senator John Kennedy of Louisiana

Just to name two. There are many others I could mention as well - Governors Greg Abbott (R-TX), Ron DeSantis (R-FL), and quite a few young House members as well.

The point is that Trump is not the beginning and end of the movement that he created.

It will outlast his political viability - because in spite of his character flaws - he was absolutely right about Washington, D.C. and about the Deep State. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline roamer_1

Is a Pyrhhic victory worse than continual crushing defeat?

As a matter of fact, NO! It's the same damn thing with a smidgen of false hope.

FYI, it’s possible to govern conservatively AND have some charisma...in fact, it’s essential if you ever hope to actually win an election. If your goal is simply to be a purist and perpetually lose...well...in that case you’re right, charisma is not needed.

Charisma is incidental. Many presidents were not charismatic. Many statesmen of all sorts had a face for radio and a voice for telegraph.

And we already ARE perpetually losing, whether we 'win' or not, all of us. This entire last four years is almost a wash. And in my mind, a deficit. Not only are we trillions upon trillions in debt, but also the left is regimented and marching in lockstep, fueled primarily by their dislike of the man...

But keep running to your prophets with itching ears and calling me a purist. That's worked so well all these years.

Offline roamer_1

And what the President (Trump) accomplished is nothing short of miraculous.

And miraculously close to nothing.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline roamer_1

y'all don't need a rockstar. Y'all need a bean-counter. Charisma my a$$.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
The point is that Trump is not the beginning and end of the movement that he created.

It will outlast his political viability - because in spite of his character flaws - he was absolutely right about Washington, D.C. and about the Deep State.

This is where the entire R party needs to land.
James 1:20

Offline Mesaclone

As a matter of fact, NO! It's the same damn thing with a smidgen of false hope.

Charisma is incidental. Many presidents were not charismatic. Many statesmen of all sorts had a face for radio and a voice for telegraph.

And we already ARE perpetually losing, whether we 'win' or not, all of us. This entire last four years is almost a wash. And in my mind, a deficit. Not only are we trillions upon trillions in debt, but also the left is regimented and marching in lockstep, fueled primarily by their dislike of the man...

But keep running to your prophets with itching ears and calling me a purist. That's worked so well all these years.

Charisma is NOT incidental...in this modern era one cannot win a national election if they cannot motivate and excite a voting base...the monotone Ferris Buellar roll call speech ain’t gonna win ANYTHING. Second, losing changes nothing...Trump defeated the Left in 2016, and in 2020 quite frankly, not sure the Right has anyone else capable of doing the one thing that must precede ANY political change....winning. I’m open to candidates who can motivate the Right and actually defeat the Dem candidate in 2024....but whoever that may be, they’d best step up soon.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline skeeter

Charisma is NOT incidental...in this modern era one cannot win a national election if they cannot motivate and excite a voting base...the monotone Ferris Buellar roll call speech ain’t gonna win ANYTHING. Second, losing changes nothing...Trump defeated the Left in 2016, and in 2020 quite frankly, not sure the Right has anyone else capable of doing the one thing that must precede ANY political change....winning. I’m open to candidates who can motivate the Right and actually defeat the Dem candidate in 2024....but whoever that may be, they’d best step up soon.

There'll be no defeating the rats for the foreseeable future. The only hope I see is their overreaching today is creating a legion of radicalized opponents who might possibly turn things around tomorrow - as candidates at all levels of government AND as voters.

Might not be in my lifetime though.

Offline roamer_1

The hubris of modernity is elixir to small minds.

This is where the entire R party needs to land.

And it's not going to @HoustonSam  Congressional Rs can't entertain and vote for impeaching for a second time the founder of the movement.  They're trying to beat him to death, literally.  I'm serious about this.  They are trying to have the President killed.  COVID didn't work so now they're counting on one lunatic who believes the frenzy Congress has created is real.

But no worries ... the GOP isn't being foolish in condoning this --- the GOP really doesn't believe in the great unwashed middle class taxpayers so they have no intention of keeping MAGA.  They believe in comfort and kickbacks.  They're going to kill both the leader and the movement and return to being the slick talking losers they've always preferred to be -- just losers with fat wallets and perks that would make King George blush.