Author Topic: Republicans Have a Choice to Make Post-Trump, They’d Best Choose Wisely  (Read 8190 times)

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I think the next four years will rival the three deflationary years in the 30s that resulted in the Great Depression.  We will have similar outcomes with Biden behind the wheel.

When I was 14 years old, never having been behind the wheel of a car, my cousin(age 18) drove me to a girlfriend's house he picked up, the two of them climbed into the back seat, and he told me to drive them around, at night in the streets of Mt. Washington in Pittsburgh.  He had a column mounted standard tranny in this Mercury Comet.  I drove them around for an hour, and I was so nervous I could not look in the mirror to see what they were up to.

On Traitor Joe's best day, he will not measure up to my effort at 14 behind the wheel.  I was successful, but Traitor Joe will not generate success.  Massive unemployment, companies fleeing the USA with his tax increases, a weakened nation in every way, and ultimately mass starvation are what we should expect.  Like a movie sequel, we will experience Depression 2.  Count on it.

And with that prediction, if true, unless Congress impeaches Trump, which I believe there is a chance for that to happen, Trump would have plenty to run on again, either as a Republican, or even creating a new party.  The Republicans will not be looked at favorably either since so many of them impeached Trump.  And ten rats in the House voting to impeach Trump is a huge number from my view, particularly Republicans in leadership, i.e. Liz Cheney.  Cheney is at the top of the list of globalists that need to be primaried and removed from office. 

If the American people cannot have TERM LIMITS, then at a minimum, we should focus out efforts on getting rid of RINOs and globalists.

BassWrangler

Trump is the key, even if he wants to slow down he will be needed to get things going and get most of the 75 million plus who voted for him on board.

People signed on with Trump for his policies. They'll sign on with someone else if they espoused those policies, seem genuine, and seem electable. There's nothing magical about Trump.

BassWrangler

I think the next four years will rival the three deflationary years in the 30s that resulted in the Great Depression.  We will have similar outcomes with Biden behind the wheel.

When I was 14 years old, never having been behind the wheel of a car, my cousin(age 18) drove me to a girlfriend's house he picked up, the two of them climbed into the back seat, and he told me to drive them around, at night in the streets of Mt. Washington in Pittsburgh.  He had a column mounted standard tranny in this Mercury Comet.  I drove them around for an hour, and I was so nervous I could not look in the mirror to see what they were up to.

On Traitor Joe's best day, he will not measure up to my effort at 14 behind the wheel.  I was successful, but Traitor Joe will not generate success.  Massive unemployment, companies fleeing the USA with his tax increases, a weakened nation in every way, and ultimately mass starvation are what we should expect.  Like a movie sequel, we will experience Depression 2.  Count on it.

And with that prediction, if true, unless Congress impeaches Trump, which I believe there is a chance for that to happen, Trump would have plenty to run on again, either as a Republican, or even creating a new party.  The Republicans will not be looked at favorably either since so many of them impeached Trump.  And ten rats in the House voting to impeach Trump is a huge number from my view, particularly Republicans in leadership, i.e. Liz Cheney.  Cheney is at the top of the list of globalists that need to be primaried and removed from office. 

If the American people cannot have TERM LIMITS, then at a minimum, we should focus out efforts on getting rid of RINOs and globalists.

I'm with you on the Biden predictions, with one small footnote which is that Biden won't actually be the one making these policies.

Regarding Trump, hard pass. He needs to just go away.

Offline dfwgator

People signed on with Trump for his policies. They'll sign on with someone else if they espoused those policies, seem genuine, and seem electable. There's nothing magical about Trump.

Good luck finding that 'someone else'.

BassWrangler

Good luck finding that 'someone else'.

Were talking about candidates at the state level here.

Offline LegalAmerican

Absolutely there is!  NO ONE ELSE ESPOUSED THOSE POLICIES or plans.  THAT is the issue.  POTUS TRUMP IS MAGICAL.  ANYONE EVER WALK OVER INTO DMZ OF North Korea?  NO.  LEADERS ARE SUPPORTING POTUS TRUMP AGAINST TWITTER CENSORSHIP.  I forgot to see if you are male.  Then you espouse male TRUMP ENVY.  lol

BassWrangler

Absolutely there is!  NO ONE ELSE ESPOUSED THOSE POLICIES or plans.  THAT is the issue.  POTUS TRUMP IS MAGICAL.  ANYONE EVER WALK OVER INTO DMZ OF North Korea?  NO.  LEADERS ARE SUPPORTING POTUS TRUMP AGAINST TWITTER CENSORSHIP.  I forgot to see if you are male.  Then you espouse male TRUMP ENVY.  lol

He was definitely the first. Let's see what happens. It's possible his ignominious end will discourage any successor. I hope not, because I think Trump's political future is over.

Offline Mesaclone

He was definitely the first. Let's see what happens. It's possible his ignominious end will discourage any successor. I hope not, because I think Trump's political future is over.

Ignominious? Nope.

Over? Just begun, second term coming in 2024 and the party will shape itself to the policies he has fought so hard to advance. Anything less than that, and the Dems will crush this nation under their spiked heels...as we have no one else who is strong enough to face the onslaught the Left throws at every Republican president.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
As long as President Trump keeps his faculties, there is no reason why Donald Trump, Jr., or even Ivanka couldn't run...on his coattails.

The Great 'Brain' behind the public curtain with a 'Kissingeresque' persona.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
As long as President Trump keeps his faculties, there is no reason why Donald Trump, Jr., or even Ivanka couldn't run...on his coattails.

Considering Ivanka pushed for and got passed the most radically Liberal policies of her daddy's administration..I'll take a hard pass on her carrying on his legacy.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline goatprairie

"or even Ivanka couldn't run...on his coattails."

:facepalm2: Trump is finished and so is any member of his family who thinks about running.

BassWrangler

Considering Ivanka pushed for and got passed the most radically Liberal policies of her daddy's administration..I'll take a hard pass on her carrying on his legacy.

Agree. I don't think she's very charismatic or appealing to the base. Donald Jr, has a shot, though.

Online LMAO

Ditto
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DCPatriot

I certainly respect that position, @txradioguy

But I can 'see' the Ivanka spots already?  It was her husband that negotiated the Middle East Foreign Policy for the POTUS.
She mind-numbing gorgeous!  And a mother of three kids right out of a Nordstrom's catalogue.

And as long as Daddy is living and breathing...and 'publicly' consulted, anything is possible.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LegalAmerican

I'd prefer a populist who can control his emotions.

He does!  Very much so.  YOU...have listened too much to LEFT, LYING PROPAGANDA.  And some TRUMP ENVY.  No need to put down a strong, ALPHA male. 

Offline LegalAmerican

One more time.  POTUS TRUMP is not a professional politician.  This was a one time shot at helping America. DOING VOLUNTEER WORK.  He is not interested in any 2024 TERM. HE WON 2020. I HIGHLY DOUBT IVANKA, or any TRUMP, wants to go through this HORROR show again.  My president won 2020.

Offline LegalAmerican

What are those?  I need to know. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
What are those?  I need to know.

She lobbied daddy to stay in the Paris climate accords...she helped kill a proposed executive order that would have scrapped Obama-era L.G.B.T. protections...she backed backed paid family leave for federal employees...and she also pressed for "affordable" child care.

And let's not forget that until daddy ran for President she and her hubby were registered Democrats.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline bilo

She lobbied daddy to stay in the Paris climate accords...she helped kill a proposed executive order that would have scrapped Obama-era L.G.B.T. protections...she backed backed paid family leave for federal employees...and she also pressed for "affordable" child care.

And let's not forget that until daddy ran for President she and her hubby were registered Democrats.

All great points.

I'm really not big on "legacies".

We need Trump to get things started but once strong people emerge he needs to let them step in and start "hunting rino's and end their careers".
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline LegalAmerican

You may see it differently, I think Trump controls his emotions just fine,  a lot of it is calculated to elicit certain responses.

Yes. Listen to the CCP reporters go after him..He is calm and patient dealing with those insane questions.  OVER & OVER AGAIN.

Offline LegalAmerican

Well he didn't stay in PARIS ACCORD. L.G.B.T. protections? What is that?  Family leave is, for ALL PEOPLE'S.  Not just federal. Affordable child care?  Did we get that?  THE HORROR.  Sorry too lame. Not even radical. So much TRUMP ENVY.  It never stops.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/white-house-publishes-list-of-trump-presidency-accomplishment_3659333.html?utm_source=newsnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breaking-2021-01-16-4

Online DCPatriot

Well he didn't stay in PARIS ACCORD. L.G.B.T. protections? What is that?  Family leave is, for ALL PEOPLE'S.  Not just federal. Affordable child care?  Did we get that?  THE HORROR.  Sorry too lame. Not even radical. So much TRUMP ENVY.  It never stops.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/white-house-publishes-list-of-trump-presidency-accomplishment_3659333.html?utm_source=newsnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breaking-2021-01-16-4

More importantly, Ivanka did it.  Not Kamala Harris.  Not any Democrat!

She beat them because at the same time, her Daddy was providing an economic climate containing record employment for African-American and Hispanic Americans.

I'll take it.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Republicans Have a Choice to Make Post-Trump, They’d Best Choose Wisely
By Bonchie | Jan 11, 2021 10:30 PM ET

Sometimes a take so bad comes across the wire that it’s worth using as a jumping off point for a bigger thought. That happened today in the form of an editorial put out by the Washington Examiner. In it, Tiana Lowe explains that Kevin McCarthy should be booted as House minority leader, not to be replaced with a more effective figure that Republican voters can get behind, but to be pave the way for Liz Cheney.

Yes, there are apparently people still out there that believe Liz Cheney represents the future of the party.

more
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/01/11/if-you-think-liz-cheney-is-the-future-youve-learned-absolutely-nothing-n308436

@mystery-ak

These people are formally known as "Dim-o-crats".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'd prefer a populist who can control his emotions.

@andy58-in-nh

Ahhh,you prefer being a slave of the Borg.

Good to know.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Last one (RWR) left politics left office 32 years ago.  That breed of elephant doesn't exist anymore.   

@catfish1957

Even then the GOP "Good old Boys Club" hated him because he wasn't a trusted insider.