Author Topic: Republicans Have a Choice to Make Post-Trump, They’d Best Choose Wisely  (Read 8193 times)

BassWrangler

If you really want a 3rd party it needs to start at the State level if it's going to work. I really wouldn't worry about the Presidency. We should know after 2020 any person who seeks to represent middle America will not be allowed to win. If a 3rd party looks to the federal govt it should be in the House and Senate where they can be a key swing vote.

Ultimately we have to accept that the globalist, self enriching, establishment would prefer to crush the deplorables economically so they never rise up again. If we truly want our freedom we need a 3rd party to leverage power and find a way to separate from the USSA.

Good point. This is how we incrementally build a 3rd party.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Good point. This is how we incrementally build a 3rd party.

But do you need to?   The existing GOP is inclined in Trump's policy direction;  it's really just a matter of getting over your butthurt that Trump was rejected for who he was.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

BassWrangler

But do you need to?   The existing GOP is inclined in Trump's policy direction;  it's really just a matter of getting over your butthurt that Trump was rejected for who he was.

I've been advocating for a viable 3rd party long before Trump came on the scene. I think it's not healthy that we have only two large political parties.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

But do you need to?   The existing GOP is inclined in Trump's policy direction; 

Yes, we need to and we want to.  The existing GOP is a cesspool of corruption, kickbacks, liars and morons.  Those who agree with the President's policies will follow us to a new party --- and do so gratefully.

it's really just a matter of getting over your butthurt that Trump was rejected for who he was.

Keep posting.  You're an exquisite reminder why the Republican Party needs to die.  In fact, I'm naming *you* "Exhibit A".

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Lets go with a third party, lets cal it the Boston TEA PARTY !and merge it with the Ross Perot party, DOUBLE STRENGTH !

While we build a party from scratch, from people that wouldn't stand by their own successful strong party leader, Trump.  Are the delusional drugs seeping through my monitor ?

Oh yeah, remember we are going to do this with a severely overtaxed economy as Biden promised.  More jihadist coming to America blowing up sections of America like democrats beloved antifa and BLM. More jobs shipped back to China and third world Countries.  More insurrection in the streets, democrat backed and approved.  More legalized molestations of Children approved and children indoctrinated to hate America and love jihad Islam.  Yeah, you guessed it, THE UTOPIA IS HERE.  GAS PRICES, KNOWING bIDEN IS ABOUT TO TAKE POWER, HAVE GONE UP 50 CENTS A GALLON ALREADY.  Obama's gonna get his $10 a gallon gasoline yet !  Cowardice of this election is coming with a extremely high price.  The ultra-rich and democrats are laughing.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline christian

And all y'all voted em in...

See what happens when you listen to the wrong people?  Its YOUR fault you listened to him!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
A third party is a vanity exercise.  If the goal is political power,  then work within the GOP - just as Trump himself did.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
A third party is a vanity exercise.  If the goal is political power,  then work within the GOP - just as Trump himself did.

These third party movement always crop up and go nowhere, remember alan keyes? Still waiting for him to make a splash as the Conservative Party nominee.

BassWrangler

These third party movement always crop up and go nowhere, remember alan keyes? Still waiting for him to make a splash as the Conservative Party nominee.

True. I do think at the state level it might be possible to get one going.

Offline dfwgator

And even if there is a Third Party, if they want to actually get anything done, they would still have to cooperate with the GOP to do it.  Essentially it's exactly what it is now.

BassWrangler

And even if there is a Third Party, if they want to actually get anything done, they would still have to cooperate with the GOP to do it.  Essentially it's exactly what it is now.

Yes, but in theory you eventually break up the two party monopoly and you get smaller parties that have to compromise and form coalitions to get anything passed. Unlike the current system where Mitch McConnell and Nancy Pelosi control everything.

Offline dfwgator

Yes, but in theory you eventually break up the two party monopoly and you get smaller parties that have to compromise and form coalitions to get anything passed. Unlike the current system where Mitch McConnell and Nancy Pelosi control everything.

Another thing to consider is that it will take a lot of infrastructure and working with other companies to get a party off the ground.  Now imagine the pressure on those companies to not do business with a "Trumpist Party",   now they aren't quite at the point of cutting off the Republican Party,  why reinvent the wheel? 

Offline roamer_1

Most of y'all will talk yourselves out of it. You ain't gonna leave the plantation anymore than the Blacks will. And you'll keep getting exactly what you have my whole life long.

Because going back to what hasn't ever worked is sure to work next time.

BOHICA - It should be a motto.

BassWrangler

Another thing to consider is that it will take a lot of infrastructure and working with other companies to get a party off the ground.  Now imagine the pressure on those companies to not do business with a "Trumpist Party",   now they aren't quite at the point of cutting off the Republican Party,  why reinvent the wheel?

I don't think the new party should have any direct association with Trump. The party can have an America First platform. It doesn't need to attach itself to Trump's hindquarters. Let Trump take his well deserved retirement from public life.

Offline bilo

I've been advocating for a viable 3rd party long before Trump came on the scene. I think it's not healthy that we have only two large political parties.

When you see Pub leadership voting to impeach Trump, or supporting those that do, we really don't have two parties. We have an all encompassing, corrupting, establishment and a small tough group within the Pub party who want to do the right thing.

We can't break free soon enough.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

No there's a big difference.

A true 3rd party that elects House Reps and Senators quickly becomes a key swing vote. If the two establishment parties can't secure a clear majority then they have to negotiate with the America First Party. If they just negotiate amongst themselves the new America First Party will grow in the following elections. People are fed up. The Pubs failed us, it's insane to keep trying to do the same thing and expect different results. We tried reforming the Pubs with the TEA Party movement and tried again with the MAGA movement. It's time to do something different.

Offline bilo

There is already a large base of support in a lot of States. One of the big mistakes that's been made in the past is trying to make an impact at the federal level from the beginning. The important thing is to get the movement going in the strongest MAGA States.

BassWrangler

No there's a big difference.

A true 3rd party that elects House Reps and Senators quickly becomes a key swing vote. If the two establishment parties can't secure a clear majority then they have to negotiate with the America First Party. If they just negotiate amongst themselves the new America First Party will grow in the following elections. People are fed up. The Pubs failed us, it's insane to keep trying to do the same thing and expect different results. We tried reforming the Pubs with the TEA Party movement and tried again with the MAGA movement. It's time to do something different.

Yes! By way of example, look at countries with a parliamentary system (Canada, UK, Israel), and how they work to form coalitions.

Heck, some of the country's founding fathers specifically warned about the danger of political parties:

https://www.history.com/news/founding-fathers-political-parties-opinion

Offline bilo

I don't think the new party should have any direct association with Trump. The party can have an America First platform. It doesn't need to attach itself to Trump's hindquarters. Let Trump take his well deserved retirement from public life.

Trump is the key, even if he wants to slow down he will be needed to get things going and get most of the 75 million plus who voted for him on board.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Trump is the key, even if he wants to slow down he will be needed to get things going and get most of the 75 million plus who voted for him on board.

Trump is key if you go the third party route.  What a third party needs is credibility,  and only Trump could provide that.    But somehow I think his next priority will be saving his businesses.    All of the events of the last several weeks have damaged his brand too.   

The GOP provides organization and credibility.   As for its brand,  that can be changed to

Offline christian

Heres the big enigma wrapped up in a riddle. 
The leftist LIE and continue to lie!  Yeah, really they do and dupes and fools hearkened to them during the election.  Now here comes the hard part, they still give you bad advice and intend to steer you into a deep hole rendering your efforts null and void.  They not only wanted you defeated during the election, THEY STILL WANT YOU DEFEATED, HENCE BAD ADVICE THEY CONTINUE TO VEND.  Want to win, refuse to continue to be clueless and taking their bad advice.  You do provide them with plenty of laughs though.

Offline christian

The democrats voted for strong leadership slick willy, Obama and marginally Biden, regardless of their faults and there were many it worked. 
The Republicans supported Reagan who won big time, but they didn't really like him.  Wining was just not good enough.  So they then again had a strong leader in Trump,they hated and betrayed him 
A nation divided cannot stand, neither can such a huge party.  Democrats are united Commies %100, Republicans are 50% commies that would rather lose that accept a non-Commie member win the election.  As they so; GO FIGURE.  150% want America brought down to 3rd world status, and now whats to stop them ?
 Advice from Commies that want the defeat sealed permanently ? :yowsa: :chairbang: :yowsa: :silly:

Offline dfwgator

Trump is key if you go the third party route.  What a third party needs is credibility,  and only Trump could provide that.    But somehow I think his next priority will be saving his businesses.    All of the events of the last several weeks have damaged his brand too.   

The GOP provides organization and credibility.   As for its brand,  that can be changed to

After all this, do you think Trump really cares about his businesses?  He knew what was coming when he dared to challenge the Deep State,  he's enjoyed his wealth for most of his life, but he also realizes as he gets older, that in the end, you can't take it with you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
After all this, do you think Trump really cares about his businesses?  He knew what was coming when he dared to challenge the Deep State,  he's enjoyed his wealth for most of his life, but he also realizes as he gets older, that in the end, you can't take it with you.

Never forget:  he haaaaaates Donald Trump. Protestations to the contrary.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Liz Cheney could only get 9 Republicans to join her in her vote against Trump...an election in which the incumbent who garnered 75 million votes. 

It’s not the Republicans or Conservatives that need to form a 3rd party...it’s the squish’s like Cheney and Romney that need to get the hell out of the GOP and go firm their own third party. 

They are clearly the minority in the current GOP. 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 11:53:12 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!