Author Topic: Women in the US military may finally get body armor that actually fits  (Read 229 times)

rangerrebew

Women in the US military may finally get body armor that actually fits

"When you have four different branches each doing their own thing, there's overlap and there's going to be waste."

By Haley Britzky January 04, 2021

Military Tech News

I live my life in a state of cautious optimism, so bear with me when I say this: Women in combat could maybe, finally get body armor that fits them properly.

A provision in the 2021 National Defense Authorization Act — which was passed when the Senate voted on Jan. 1 to override President Donald Trump’s veto of the legislation— lays out a series of requirements and initiatives that could move women closer to having body armor that actually fits.

I say “cautiously optimistic” because the promise of properly-fitting body armor for women has been made by the military over and over and over again throughout the last decade, which is surprising when you take into consideration how crucial it actually is for women in combat to have gear that, you know, actually protects them.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/military-body-armor-women-ndaa-2021/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Women in the US military may finally get body armor that actually fits
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 01:14:51 pm »
Looks good, too!

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Women in the US military may finally get body armor that actually fits
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 01:45:26 pm »
Looks good, too!

Even as your head goes spinning from your neck.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley