Author Topic: 'This is not America': New Jersey immigrants react to DC riots, violence at U.S. Capitol  (Read 233 times)

rangerrebew

'This is not America': New Jersey immigrants react to DC riots, violence at U.S. Capitol
Mary Chao
NorthJersey.com

Nothing prepared Abhi Agarwal for what happened last week on Capitol Hill. A native of Bombay, India, who now lives in Morris Plains, he could not believe what he was seeing on his television screen: lawmakers hiding under tables while a mob rushed through the building that signifies American values. 

"It's shocking," said Agarwal, 43.

Agarwal said he expects chaos and unrest in his home country, but not in the United States.

The images of pro-Trump rioters storming the U.S. Capitol hit a raw nerve for New Jersey immigrants as they reflected on their journey to a country they saw as a beacon of freedom.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/2021/01/11/dc-riots-nj-immigrants-react-pro-trump-violence-us-capitol/6616491002/

rangerrebew

The democrats are doing everything possible to make America as much like third world countries as they can. :headbang:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
that signifies American values. 

"It's shocking," said Agarwal, 43.

Agarwal said he expects chaos and unrest in his home country, but not in the United States.

Yes, Mr. Agarwai it was shocking.  But I also hope you realize that in all political systems there are puts and takes that are cyclical.  When one side decides to cross lines, and impose their will without consensus, the other side has the right to fight back. India was a very volatile location for decades.  What makes you expect we wouldn't be any different?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.