Author Topic: Biden hopes Senate can split time on impeachment, his agenda  (Read 213 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden hopes Senate can split time on impeachment, his agenda
« on: January 11, 2021, 08:12:45 pm »
By Morgan Chalfant - 01/11/21 03:01 PM EST

President-elect Joe Biden said Monday that he hoped the Senate would “bifurcate” its work so that an impeachment trial of President Trump does not interfere with confirming his Cabinet nominees or passing a stimulus package.

Biden said that he had spoken with the Senate parliamentarian about whether the upper chamber can “go a half day with the impeachment and a half day getting my people nominated and confirmed in the Senate as well as moving on the [coronavirus stimulus] package.” He said he had yet to receive an answer on the issue.

“My priority is to get, first and foremost, a stimulus bill passed and secondly, again to rebuild the economy,” Biden said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/533677-biden-hopes-senate-can-split-time-on-impeachment-his-agenda
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Biden hopes Senate can split time on impeachment, his agenda
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 04:01:37 am »
The Senate must devote full time to an impeachment trial; all other business must stop.  And this would hold true even if the Senate could try a private citizen.   

***suicide***

« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 04:07:34 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Idiot

Re: Biden hopes Senate can split time on impeachment, his agenda
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 04:06:05 am »
By Morgan Chalfant - 01/11/21 03:01 PM EST

President-elect Joe Biden said Monday that he hoped the Senate would “bifurcate” its work so that an impeachment trial of President Trump does not interfere with confirming his Cabinet nominees or passing a stimulus package.

Biden said that he had spoken with the Senate parliamentarian about whether the upper chamber can “go a half day with the impeachment and a half day getting my people nominated and confirmed in the Senate as well as moving on the [coronavirus stimulus] package.” He said he had yet to receive an answer on the issue.

“My priority is to get, first and foremost, a stimulus bill passed and secondly, again to rebuild  destroy the economy,” Biden said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/533677-biden-hopes-senate-can-split-time-on-impeachment-his-agenda