Author Topic: Joe Biden pledges to defeat the NRA  (Read 1368 times)

Offline libertybele

Joe Biden pledges to defeat the NRA
« on: January 11, 2021, 06:53:39 pm »
Joe Biden pledges to defeat the NRA

Joe Biden’s agenda for increased gun control has hit peak intensity after he made his intentions clear to turn Americans’ right to purchase firearms into an over-regulated nightmare, all while opulent politicians are free to keep their armed security.

In a blanket statement Friday, the former vice president vowed to “defeat the NRA” and fulfill the radical left’s gun control wish list. As a so-called solution to gun violence, he has vowed to pass even more background check requirements as well as a ban on so-called assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.

This comes in spite of strongly increasing gun violence in American cities that already have these measures in place...........

...........“Bingo, you’re right…if you have an assault weapon, the fact of the matter is, they should be illegal. Period,” he stated.
“I would institute a national buyback program and I would make sure that is what we do, to get them off the street.”

Furthermore, at a campaign rally in South Carolina last February, he criticized the protection of lawful commerce in Arms Act, which protects gun manufacturers from being held liable for crimes committed with guns they produced.

“We passed a bill in 2007 that exempted, exempted gun manufacturers from being sued…the only industry that in America, that is exempt,’ said Biden. “Well, I got news for ya gun manufacturers: I’m coming for you and I’m gonna take you down.”

He added, the first thing he will do as president is work to get rid of that measure and strongly increase gun control across the board..............

https://www.oann.com/joe-biden-pledges-to-defeat-the-nra/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Re: Joe Biden pledges to defeat the NRA
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 09:36:48 pm »
Concerning to say the least. I say it will take less then a month for gun confiscation to begin.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 08:46:23 am »
I could be wrong, but this is an issue where some Dems will abandon the team, fearful the NRA will work diligently to remove them in the next election.  No small issue.  I doubt they will get any guns, but they may well get certain paraphernalia banned, large clips, anything that converts semi auto to auto, etc

If he comes out of the chute with this right off, I consider that a mistake.  These idiot politicians should start with little victories and build to the big stuff.   They always want to tackle the hard stuff, or the most difficult, as in Trump taking on healthcare, a huge mistake.  Perhaps Biden will make some of the same mistakes, which only causes descension in the ranks with failure after failure.

Offline verga

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 12:31:00 pm »
Lifetime member here: The NRA has been doing more than enough internally in the past two years to give themselves a couple of black eyes.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2021, 03:32:48 pm »
I sure do appreciate it when Biden inserts a "period" at end of a sentence.  It's a tell ... either he knows very little about the subject, or has no intention of following through.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2021, 11:04:54 pm »
I think Biden should pledge to try something workable like a bowel movement. Biden is paying lip service to assuage the gun grabbers in their party.
Nothing will happen.

Offline verga

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2021, 12:28:47 pm »
I think Biden should pledge to try something workable like a bowel movement. Biden is paying lip service to assuage the gun grabbers in their party.
Nothing will happen.
The obama care legislation was written before he set foot in office. If you don't think the libs have done the exact same thing with gun control you are incredibly naive. It will be at least 200 pages and will not be called gun control, it will be called something innocuous like "gun safety", or "crime prevention". It will begin incrementally and the next thing you know the ATF is knocking on your door.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2021, 01:01:25 pm »
Patience, we're almost there...

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2021, 04:51:18 pm »
The obama care legislation was written before he set foot in office. If you don't think the libs have done the exact same thing with gun control you are incredibly naive. It will be at least 200 pages and will not be called gun control, it will be called something innocuous like "gun safety", or "crime prevention". It will begin incrementally and the next thing you know the ATF is knocking on your door.
Agree, and I doubt Biden could remeber even the the little talking points they give him, he will probably start saying 'you know, the thing the thing' more often until they just flat out stuff him in the White House basement or wherever their onsite morgue is and just bullshit us with he's working dilligently for the Americn people.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2021, 08:43:42 pm »
Agree, and I doubt Biden could remeber even the the little talking points they give him, he will probably start saying 'you know, the thing the thing' more often until they just flat out stuff him in the White House basement or wherever their onsite morgue is and just bullshit us with he's working dilligently for the Americn people.
Notice that any time there is some nutcase blamed for a mass shooting event (hey, the MSM has been real busy hating on Trump, so they haven't had time for their regular agenda so much) the bills come out of the woodwork to ban firearms, register them, require insurance, etc. etc. etc. All they are waiting for is a date and bill number, and maybe some paragraph updated in the 'whereas' section of the resolution or legislation. They have this stuff idling at the starting line.

That's to be expected of the Communists who will let no crisis go to waste, even if they have to create it. With media controlled, who is to say any different than their narrative: witness what is being done with the Capitol protests, and what was done with the election itself.

The bills are lined up at the hopper, they will move fast and hard with everything they can, and the 'added security' in the Capital (and around the Capitol) will only protect them from protests or repercussions. Typically, the Democrats (commies) overreach, so I don't expect any incremental action, but more of a 'shock and awe' approach where they go for the full wish list. Be ready, get over your normalcy bias, because these are not and will not be 'normal' times.

Daily, their press (and squadrons of internet trolls) try to make criminals out of ordinary and decent people while covering for the real criminals out there. Don't fall for that dreck.

Do not let your spirit be bludgeoned with the carefully parsed hatred of the Communists for Patriotic Americans, our Liberty, and ultimately our power which they want to seize for themselves. Recall 1984. It's the first step to tear you down to get you to love Big Brother.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idiot

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2021, 09:06:33 pm »
Notice that any time there is some nutcase blamed for a mass shooting event (hey, the MSM has been real busy hating on Trump, so they haven't had time for their regular agenda so much) the bills come out of the woodwork to ban firearms, register them, require insurance, etc. etc. etc. All they are waiting for is a date and bill number, and maybe some paragraph updated in the 'whereas' section of the resolution or legislation. They have this stuff idling at the starting line.

That's to be expected of the Communists who will let no crisis go to waste, even if they have to create it. With media controlled, who is to say any different than their narrative: witness what is being done with the Capitol protests, and what was done with the election itself.

The bills are lined up at the hopper, they will move fast and hard with everything they can, and the 'added security' in the Capital (and around the Capitol) will only protect them from protests or repercussions. Typically, the Democrats (commies) overreach, so I don't expect any incremental action, but more of a 'shock and awe' approach where they go for the full wish list. Be ready, get over your normalcy bias, because these are not and will not be 'normal' times.

Daily, their press (and squadrons of internet trolls) try to make criminals out of ordinary and decent people while covering for the real criminals out there. Don't fall for that dreck.

Do not let your spirit be bludgeoned with the carefully parsed hatred of the Communists for Patriotic Americans, our Liberty, and ultimately our power which they want to seize for themselves. Recall 1984. It's the first step to tear you down to get you to love Big Brother.
Yup....it's coming.  AR's will be the first to go.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2021, 10:21:13 pm »
Smokin' Joe wrote:
"The bills are lined up at the hopper, they will move fast and hard with everything they can, and the 'added security' in the Capital (and around the Capitol) will only protect them from protests or repercussions."

I'm wonderin' if at least some of the "troops at the Capitol" are going to remain permanently stationed there...

Joe also wrote:
"Typically, the Democrats (commies) overreach, so I don't expect any incremental action, but more of a 'shock and awe' approach where they go for the full wish list."

The late John Prine (in "I Sang The Song"):
"It ain't braggin' if you done it".

Told ya that to tell ya this:
You don't "overreach" when you've got the votes to pass anything you want.
Better get used to it.
It's coming.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2021, 12:15:48 am »
Many sheriffs and leos across the country have stated they will do nothing about grabbing guns if ordered to do so by their state officials. I doubt ATF people are going around trying to confiscate weapons. They would be met with a polite no, and then told to shove off. There WOULD!! be a shooting war.
Gun confiscation has been the liberal wet dream for many decades. It hasn't happened so far. I don't see it happening in the near future.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2021, 12:18:51 am »
Concerning to say the least. I say it will take less then a month for gun confiscation to begin.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2021, 12:19:53 am »
Many sheriffs and leos across the country have stated they will do nothing about grabbing guns if ordered to do so by their state officials. I doubt ATF people are going around trying to confiscate weapons. They would be met with a polite no, and then told to shove off. There WOULD!! be a shooting war.
Gun confiscation has been the liberal wet dream for many decades. It hasn't happened so far. I don't see it happening in the near future.

Antifa and other subversives will stage a riot, martial law will be declared granting permission for gun confiscation. UN troops will be happy to assist.  They confiscated guns in New Orleans during Katrina.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 12:20:58 am by libertybele »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2021, 12:23:04 am »
UN troops will be happy to assist.  They confiscated guns in New Orleans during Katrina.

Wear a Teal Helmet in this country?  Who'd want that Death Wish?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 03:55:24 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2021, 12:33:04 am »

The Federal government of the United States is not going to confiscate anything. Ever.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline LMAO

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2021, 12:49:23 am »
The Federal government of the United States is not going to confiscate anything. Ever.

Every democrat has promised to defeat the NRA as far back as I remember
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2021, 02:14:56 am »
Antifa and other subversives will stage a riot, martial law will be declared granting permission for gun confiscation. UN troops will be happy to assist.  They confiscated guns in New Orleans during Katrina.
They confiscated guns that were stolen or abandoned. They didn't go door to door.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2021, 02:16:45 am »
Every democrat has promised to defeat the NRA as far back as I remember
Many millions of average Democrat voters have guns. I have a liberal son-in-law who hunts and takes his son hunting. I doubt he'd support gun confiscation.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2021, 03:54:43 am »

LMAO, tell that to the poor folks back in 1933, and the gold they held.  And before then (1919-1933) try to make your home brew or whiskey.

And if you want to think these things aren't possible in the future, then knock yourself out and think that.  At your own peril.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2021, 04:06:38 am »
They confiscated guns that were stolen or abandoned. They didn't go door to door.

@goatprairie

Really? They knew where the stolen and ABANDONED (?) guns were hiding,so they confiscated them?

Did Santa tell you this? It has to be one of the most absurd things I have ever read.

Who the HELL has ever even heard of "abandoned" guns,and if the po-po knew where the stolen guns were hiding,why didn't they already get them and return them to their owners?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2021, 07:56:56 am »
LMAO, tell that to the poor folks back in 1933, and the gold they held.  And before then (1919-1933) try to make your home brew or whiskey.

And if you want to think these things aren't possible in the future, then knock yourself out and think that.  At your own peril.
That gold didn't go as well as they thought it would. Many resisted by starting coin collections and kept it (along with the Gold Certificates as well). I recall, in my youth seeing a collection that survived that and in private hands. Use the same loopholes they keep for themselves, and always remember, what the government doesn't know won't hurt you.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2021, 07:57:48 am »
As a matter of fact, they did go door to door, and it caused a hell of an outcry.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2021, 01:20:35 pm »
That gold didn't go as well as they thought it would. Many resisted by starting coin collections and kept it (along with the Gold Certificates as well). I recall, in my youth seeing a collection that survived that and in private hands. Use the same loopholes they keep for themselves, and always remember, what the government doesn't know won't hurt you.

Though not door to door, don't think for a moment that left side of our government doesn't have an eye on our 401K's and IRA's.  In prep to start an updated better equitably dispersable governemt social security plan.  That will be the confiscation of confiscations.