Author Topic: Joe Biden pledges to defeat the NRA  (Read 1396 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Joe Biden pledges to defeat the NRA
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2021, 03:50:58 pm »
Though not door to door, don't think for a moment that left side of our government doesn't have an eye on our 401K's and IRA's.  In prep to start an updated better equitably dispersable governemt social security plan.  That will be the confiscation of confiscations.

@catfish1957

Not to mention the old-fashioned seizing of all bank accounts and safety deposit boxes. That,along with the pressure the fed can apply to banks to make them immediately start repossession seizures after missing just ONE payment can make damn near anybody immediately surrender to the Borg.

Don't think so? Imagine yourself suddenly homeless with no income coming in and no credit cards,and ALL of your assets have been seized so you no longer have anything left to sell.

Not only that,but ANY cash you do receive,such as gifts from friends or relatives are also seized because the government considers themselves to be number 1 when it comes to collections,so ANY cash or other asset you are given belongs to them,not you.

Yeah,there ARE people who own their homes free and clear. I'm one of them.

Doesn't mean a single damn thing because the government can seize your home to pay off back taxes,fines,or for any other reason,real OR imaginary that they can come up with.

Who is to tell them they can't,THEIR judges in THEIR courts?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2021, 09:20:06 pm »
Start a war, Joe, but you will not like the result.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2021, 02:39:01 am »
Start a war, Joe, but you will not like the result.
Not like he'll be in any position of authority for it.................or even the end maybe, I'll bet Hillary is still pissed.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2021, 02:23:52 pm »
@catfish1957

Not to mention the old-fashioned seizing of all bank accounts and safety deposit boxes. That,along with the pressure the fed can apply to banks to make them immediately start repossession seizures after missing just ONE payment can make damn near anybody immediately surrender to the Borg.

Don't think so? Imagine yourself suddenly homeless with no income coming in and no credit cards,and ALL of your assets have been seized so you no longer have anything left to sell.

Not only that,but ANY cash you do receive,such as gifts from friends or relatives are also seized because the government considers themselves to be number 1 when it comes to collections,so ANY cash or other asset you are given belongs to them,not you.

Yeah,there ARE people who own their homes free and clear. I'm one of them.

Doesn't mean a single damn thing because the government can seize your home to pay off back taxes,fines,or for any other reason,real OR imaginary that they can come up with.

Who is to tell them they can't,THEIR judges in THEIR courts?
Sounds like getting divorced at the end of an oil boom.

Pete, this is why I live humbly, own what I have, carry little or no debt, and have few assets in banks, not that I would not like to beef that up a bit, just that it is unlikely to happen. What I do have is extensive family, and friends all over. Hopefully, that will be enough.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 02:25:04 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2021, 07:40:04 pm »
Sounds like getting divorced at the end of an oil boom.

Pete, this is why I live humbly, own what I have, carry little or no debt, and have few assets in banks, not that I would not like to beef that up a bit, just that it is unlikely to happen. What I do have is extensive family, and friends all over. Hopefully, that will be enough.

@Smokin Joe

Basically all *I* have is an attitude. Nobody can take that away from me without killing me first.

As a wise man once proclaimed,"Live free or die!"

I can only add,"take a pile of those bastards with you as you exit."

Easy for me to say,though. It will probably be 3 to 4 years at a minimum before the Bork comes completely out of the closet and goes "full Storm Trooper",and by then it is likely I will be dead,anyhow.

It is OTHER people who will have to make those hard decisions,not me. Although to be fair to myself,I made that decision over 60 years ago and have lived by it ever since. "You push me too far,regardless of who you are or who you represent,and there WILL be negative consequences for YOU personally",are,in MY humble opinion words for free men and women to live by.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2021, 06:14:20 am »
@Smokin Joe

Basically all *I* have is an attitude. Nobody can take that away from me without killing me first.

As a wise man once proclaimed,"Live free or die!"

I can only add,"take a pile of those bastards with you as you exit."

Easy for me to say,though. It will probably be 3 to 4 years at a minimum before the Bork comes completely out of the closet and goes "full Storm Trooper",and by then it is likely I will be dead,anyhow.

It is OTHER people who will have to make those hard decisions,not me. Although to be fair to myself,I made that decision over 60 years ago and have lived by it ever since. "You push me too far,regardless of who you are or who you represent,and there WILL be negative consequences for YOU personally",are,in MY humble opinion words for free men and women to live by.
More than once as a youngster, I made up my mind that I may get my as kicked, but I was going to fight. I had a few dings and my self respect when it was over, and learned that sometimes you get respect from others, even if you don't prevail. My sentiments and yours align more than not.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis