Author Topic: Twitter's ban on Trump could wipe out as much as 10% in profits  (Read 410 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Twitter's ban on Trump could wipe out as much as 10% in profits
« on: January 11, 2021, 05:25:46 pm »

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/twitters-ban-on-trump-could-wipe-out-as-much-as-10-in-profits-analyst-164838617.html

<snipit>
It’s probably back to the drawing board on profit estimates for Wall Street analysts who cover Twitter (TWTR) in light of the social media giant’s new permanent ban on President Trump’s account.

“The risk is that perhaps Trump starts his own social networking platform or moves his content to a different platform, and now they [Twitter] have some sort of competitive pressure to the extent that user engagement for their platform goes down by some percentage point,” explained D.A. Davidson tech analyst Tom Forte on Yahoo Finance Live. “You could argue that is 10% earnings risk for Twitter on the notion that they may have a negative impact on their audience share and then that could have a negative impact on their ability to draw advertising against their audience share.”

At least in the early going on Monday, Mr. Market agrees with Forte’s assessment.

Twitter shares tanked more than 10% Monday morning in the wake of the company’s late Friday evening permanent ban on Trump’s account, which had about 88.7 million followers and was used by the president to convey often divisive messages to loyalists. The now most infamous of those messages came a week ago, as the president fanned the emotional flames on the November election outcome on Twitter and incited an insurrection at the Capitol.

===========================================================================

Analyst was pretty generous.  I am reading in various places that the purge of conservatives might cost birdshit up to 30% of profitability in the long run.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Twitter's ban on Trump could wipe out as much as 10% in profits
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 08:12:14 pm »

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/twitters-ban-on-trump-could-wipe-out-as-much-as-10-in-profits-analyst-164838617.html

<snipit>
It’s probably back to the drawing board on profit estimates for Wall Street analysts who cover Twitter (TWTR) in light of the social media giant’s new permanent ban on President Trump’s account.

“The risk is that perhaps Trump starts his own social networking platform or moves his content to a different platform, and now they [Twitter] have some sort of competitive pressure to the extent that user engagement for their platform goes down by some percentage point,” explained D.A. Davidson tech analyst Tom Forte on Yahoo Finance Live. “You could argue that is 10% earnings risk for Twitter on the notion that they may have a negative impact on their audience share and then that could have a negative impact on their ability to draw advertising against their audience share.”

At least in the early going on Monday, Mr. Market agrees with Forte’s assessment.

Twitter shares tanked more than 10% Monday morning in the wake of the company’s late Friday evening permanent ban on Trump’s account, which had about 88.7 million followers and was used by the president to convey often divisive messages to loyalists. The now most infamous of those messages came a week ago, as the president fanned the emotional flames on the November election outcome on Twitter and incited an insurrection at the Capitol.

===========================================================================

Analyst was pretty generous.  I am reading in various places that the purge of conservatives might cost birdshit up to 30% of profitability in the long run.

Here's hoping that 30% is on the low side, I think everyone should be generously rewarded for their actions.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 01:56:55 am »
Let's all try to increase this to, say -50%, shall we?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 03:06:27 am »
Let's all try to increase this to, say -50%, shall we?
Wait until they start going after the moderate or more reasonable demaocrats who dare to voice the opinion that they went to far. Communists allow no dissent.