Author Topic: Nearly 6,000 lawyers and law students call for disbarment proceedings against Cruz and Hawley  (Read 139 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Lunch bucket Joe says "C'mon, man!"
Nearly 6,000 lawyers and law students call for disbarment proceedings against Cruz and Hawley
By Zack Budryk - 01/11/21 09:48 AM EST

A coalition of thousands of law students and lawyers have called for Sens. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) and Ted Cruz (R-Texas) to be disbarred for leading an objection to President-elect Joe Biden’s Electoral College victory, saying the senators contributed to inciting Wednesday’s deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol.

Hawley and Cruz, graduates of Yale and Harvard law schools respectively, have faced increasing condemnation after a mob of Trump supporters stormed the Capitol in an attempt to overturn the election.

Former Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele specifically cited a photo of Hawley making a gesture of support to a crowd in Washington earlier in the day.

“Senators Hawley and Cruz directly incited the January 6th insurrection, repeating dangerous and unsubstantiated statements regarding the election and abetting the lawless behavior of President Trump. A violent mob attacked the U.S. Capitol. Five people have died,” the petition reads.

“The nation and the world watched as rioters took over the very halls and chambers that embody our democracy. Yet after the violence and terror of the day’s events, Senators Hawley and Cruz still chose to stand in the chamber of the U.S. Senate and persist in their baseless objections to the will of the people,” it adds.

Signers include former Sen. Russ Feingold (D-Wis.), retired judge H. Lee Sarokin and Harvard Law professor Laurence Tribe, who has been a vocal critic of the Trump administration.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/533604-nearly-6000-lawyers-and-law-students-call-for-disbarment-proceedings-against
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

Offline mrpotatohead

• Goodbye B-1 and Hello B-21!
Nearly 6,000 lawyers and law students call for disbarment proceedings against Cruz and Hawley
By Zack Budryk - 01/11/21 09:48 AM EST

A coalition of thousands of law students and lawyers have called for Sens. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) and Ted Cruz (R-Texas) to be disbarred for leading an objection to President-elect Joe Biden’s Electoral College victory, saying the senators contributed to inciting Wednesday’s deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol.

Hawley and Cruz, graduates of Yale and Harvard law schools respectively, have faced increasing condemnation after a mob of Trump supporters stormed the Capitol in an attempt to overturn the election.

Former Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele specifically cited a photo of Hawley making a gesture of support to a crowd in Washington earlier in the day.

“Senators Hawley and Cruz directly incited the January 6th insurrection, repeating dangerous and unsubstantiated statements regarding the election and abetting the lawless behavior of President Trump. A violent mob attacked the U.S. Capitol. Five people have died,” the petition reads.

“The nation and the world watched as rioters took over the very halls and chambers that embody our democracy. Yet after the violence and terror of the day’s events, Senators Hawley and Cruz still chose to stand in the chamber of the U.S. Senate and persist in their baseless objections to the will of the people,” it adds.

Signers include former Sen. Russ Feingold (D-Wis.), retired judge H. Lee Sarokin and Harvard Law professor Laurence Tribe, who has been a vocal critic of the Trump administration.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/533604-nearly-6000-lawyers-and-law-students-call-for-disbarment-proceedings-against
*****rollingeyes*****
Romans 5:8 "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Offline libertybele

• God Bless America! We are NOT O.K.
I find this troubling; these are lawyers and law students who obviously should know the law and the Constitution.  The liberal bias is overwhelming.
I BELIEVE in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a REPUBLIC; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states, a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of FREEDOM, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it IS my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws; to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online catfish1957

• Pedo Joe Will Never Be My President
  • Cat Mod
What is being lost in all this stupidity , is that in Cruz' summation before all hell broke lose, he (1) Admitted that Biden was going to be inaugurated (2) Proposed a Congressional/SCOTUS commission to evaluate electoral processes and make sure they were fair.  So who in God's Green Earth would be against that?

Other point...  There are 1.6M lawyers and .035M law students in this country.  They really think 6,000 out of almost 1,700,000 is statisically significant?  The Shill has really scraped the bottom of finding newsy stuff to discredit our side.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf