Author Topic: Joe Biden Doubles Down, Pledges to ‘Defeat the NRA’  (Read 575 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden Doubles Down, Pledges to ‘Defeat the NRA’

AWR Hawkins 10 Jan 2021

In a January 8, 2021, statement recognizing the tenth anniversary of the shooting that wounded Gabby Giffords, President-elect Joe Biden pledged to “defeat the NRA.”

Biden’s full statement recounted the January 8, 2011, attack, which killed six and left Giffords and others wounded, then transitioned to praising Giffords for the gun control work she undertook after the incident.

The statement concluded: “As President, I pledge to continue to work together with Congresswoman Giffords, and with survivors, families, and advocates across the country, to defeat the NRA and end the epidemic of gun violence in America.”

Biden campaigned for the presidency on a platform of defeating the NRA. In fact, when he released an overview of his gun control proposals, they included a reference to his opposition to the NRA.

On October 2, 2019, Newsweek reported the proposals, along with the corresponding statement from the Biden team, which said:

Joe Biden has taken on the National Rifle Association (NRA) on the national stage and won—twice. In 1993, he shepherded through Congress the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, which established the background check system that has since kept more than 3 million firearms out of dangerous hands.

In 1994, Biden—along with Senator Dianne Feinstein—secured the passage of 10-year bans on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. As president, Joe Biden will defeat the NRA again.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/01/10/joe-biden-doubles-down-pledges-defeat-nra/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GrouchoTex

Re: Joe Biden Doubles Down, Pledges to ‘Defeat the NRA’
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 02:33:22 pm »
No surprise.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 03:02:59 pm »
Everyone needs their Waterloo,  Gun grabber Joe.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 03:05:57 pm »
Everyone needs their Waterloo,  Gun grabber Joe.

Or, in Joe's case, their Ensure.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2021, 05:00:04 pm »
Or, in Joe's case, their Ensure.
Joe Depends on it.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2021, 10:05:12 pm »
I have no doubt with the help of Big Tech they might just do it.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline verga

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2021, 04:14:17 pm »
Lifetime member of the NRA, They have been doing a great job of screwing themselves over for the past several years with all of the internal fighting. I joined Gun owners of America, and the Virginia Citizens Defense league about a year and a half ago. Harry Reid says that the NRA is bad, but the GOA is worse. That was enough of an endorsement for me. GOA and is very active nationally and VCDL is very active in Virginia. I volunteer and work a lot of the local gun shows for VCDL.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.