Author Topic: US Air Force chief of staff: How to prepare the service for tomorrow’s fight  (Read 124 times)

rangerrebew

US Air Force chief of staff: How to prepare the service for tomorrow’s fight
By: Gen. CQ Brown   4 hours ago

Two years ago, the Department of Defense implemented a new National Defense Strategy that recognized we live in a world that includes an “increasingly complex global security environment, characterized by overt challenges to the free and open international order and the re-emergence of long-term, strategic competition between nations.” While the United States and our allies have been largely focused on counterinsurgency warfare since Sept. 11, our rivals have developed new technologies and capabilities seeking to challenge our advantage. Therefore, it is paramount we change and do so quickly, as the consequences of failure and success are both profound. Shortly after taking my current position, I published “Accelerate Change or Lose” to articulate why I believe change is required.

While many acknowledge the growing threat and need for change in our Air Force to be ready for tomorrow’s fight, the pressing question is: How?

To that end, I issued four action orders to focus and direct our energy, and harness the talent, creativity and resilience of our airmen to accelerate the change we need in a purposeful direction. Here’s what we’re doing right now, with much more to come this year, within the four action orders: airmen, bureaucracy, competition and design implementation.

https://www.defensenews.com/outlook/2021/01/11/us-air-force-chief-of-staff-how-to-prepare-the-service-for-tomorrows-fight/