Author Topic: LA Times Demands a Fossil Fuel “Non Proliferation Treaty” to Combat Climate Change  (Read 933 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Watts Up With That? by Eric Worrall 1/10/2021

Los Angeles City Council is disgusted at the California State Government’s failure to limit the supply of fossil fuel. But they haven’t taken any steps to ban the sale of gasoline or other fossil fuel products in Greater Los Angeles.

Op-Ed: Treat fossil fuels like nukes. Endorse a new nonproliferation treaty

By JACQUES LESLIEJAN. 4, 20213 AM

The Los Angeles City Council is poised to endorse a call for a global Fossil Fuel Non-Proliferation Treaty.

Approval could make Los Angeles the first U.S. city — New York is also in the running — to sign on to the treaty resolution. Introduced in November by Councilman Paul Koretz, it won unanimous support in committee and awaits likely passage by the full council in the new year.

The treaty would do just what its name says: Signatory governments would agree to stop further expansion of the fossil fuel industry within their boundaries. A U.N. report released Dec. 2 indicates just how imperative that step is: To limit global warming to 1.5 degrees Celsius, the goal set in the 2015 Paris climate change agreement, global emissions would have to drop 6% a year between now and 2030; alarmingly, nations instead project an average annual increase of 2% a year.

More: https://wattsupwiththat.com/2021/01/10/la-times-demands-a-fossil-fuel-non-proliferation-treaty-to-combat-climate-change/

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

First thing they need to do is cap off the LaBrea tar pits which are oozing oil and gas into the atmosphere, like they have done for thousands of years.

The entire city and proximity is underlain by oil and gas.

This is a building hiding a rig off PICO blvd in Beverly Hills.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline PeteS in CA

First thing they need to do is cap off the LaBrea tar pits which are oozing oil and gas into the atmosphere, like they have done for thousands of years.

Simply walking barefoot on one of the beaches in the border area between LA and Orange County can get your feet coated with tar ... natural seepage.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Simply walking barefoot on one of the beaches in the border area between LA and Orange County can get your feet coated with tar ... natural seepage.
The politicians need to begin fining the beaches for being polluted.

Makes as much sense as doing away with God's gift to mankind, hydrocarbons.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Who put the LA Times in charge of making decisions on anything?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline PeteS in CA

Who put the LA Times in charge of making decisions on anything?

The Los Angeles City Council is poised to endorse a call for a global Fossil Fuel Non-Proliferation Treaty.

LA has solved its homelessness problems and have schools that are models for the nation and world. So this is boredom prevention. The next problems they'll solve will be Global Worming and Whirled Peas.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
LA has solved its homelessness problems and have schools that are models for the nation and world. So this is boredom prevention. The next problems they'll solve will be Global Worming and Whirled Peas.

@PeteS in CA

I dunno bout you,but I am looking forward to seeing photos of the LA City Council riding to work in pedi-cabs powered by Chinese coolies.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@PeteS in CA

I dunno bout you,but I am looking forward to seeing photos of the LA City Council riding to work in pedi-cabs powered by Chinese coolies.
More like Chinese riding in pedicabs powered by former Council members...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

The City of Los Angeles knows best when it comes to improving the quality of life.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline PeteS in CA

More like Chinese riding in pedicabs powered by former Council members...

:silly:  888high58888

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Let the Times lead the way by example, no fossil fuels used in any of their presses or any other equipment.......oops that kills the presses and their forklifts, trucks and oh oh that wood and processing to make paper is a no no. No electricity from anything but clean green wind and solar might hamper them putting out any sort of daily drivel......A BONUS!

Every time I read or here something like The LA Times demands I have the same reaction as if I stepped in dog poop.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Let the Times lead the way by example, no fossil fuels used in any of their presses or any other equipment.......oops that kills the presses and their forklifts, trucks and oh oh that wood and processing to make paper is a no no. No electricity from anything but clean green wind and solar might hamper them putting out any sort of daily drivel......A BONUS!

Every time I read or here something like The LA Times demands I have the same reaction as if I stepped in dog poop.
Hey, now, these urinalists helped steal an election. THey think they are not only kingmakers, they think they are kings. Eff them. I wouldn't soil my butt with their fishwrap.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis