Author Topic: Trump supporters organized the Capitol riot online  (Read 8395 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: Trump supporters organized the Capitol riot online
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2021, 02:36:55 pm »
An attack on the Capitol did occur,  with Congress in session.   Rioters were screaming for the head of the Vice President. 

Why cannot you acknowledge that this was sedition?   

Because today's charge of sedition is coming from the same people who've been falsely charging the president with everything they can think of over the past four years.

The president had 45 minutes left on his speech at the time of the first breach of the capitol.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2021, 03:06:06 pm »
Because today's charge of sedition is coming from the same people who've been falsely charging the president with everything they can think of over the past four years.

The president had 45 minutes left on his speech at the time of the first breach of the capitol.

So you claim this was spontaneous sedition rather than sedition egged on by the President and his refusal to concede the election despite all Constitutional requirements being satisfied?   It isn't just what Trump said on the morning of January6, although that was bad enough.   It is the poison he's been spewing for the last few weeks after the electors were certified.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline thackney

« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2021, 03:09:03 pm »
So you claim this was spontaneous sedition rather than sedition egged on by the President and his refusal to concede the election despite all Constitutional requirements being satisfied?   It isn't just what Trump said on the morning of January6, although that was bad enough.   It is the poison he's been spewing for the last few weeks after the electors were certified.

Like states' legislatures must set the election rules?  That Constitutional requirement?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline skeeter

« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2021, 03:10:19 pm »

Your opinion only. I'm grateful to him for not simply shrugging his shoulder at the theft of his re-election. Maybe now enough Americans are sensitized to the increasing use of fraud by democrats to win elections to want to do something about it.

If your definition of sedition bothered you that much we would've heard SOME criticism from you over the past four years at the bile the rats have been spewing. Instead you jumped in with them.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 03:12:35 pm by skeeter »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2021, 03:29:12 pm »

If your definition of sedition bothered you that much we would've heard SOME criticism from you over the past four years at the bile the rats have been spewing. Instead you jumped in with them.

I've criticized the rats on many occasions on this board.   Last summer I specifically advocated a law and order message as the GOP's best way to counter the left's moral reletavism concerning the BLM riots.  Heck,  I even changed my user name tag to Blue Lives Matter.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2021, 03:39:45 pm »
I've criticized the rats on many occasions on this board.   Last summer I specifically advocated a law and order message as the GOP's best way to counter the left's moral reletavism concerning the BLM riots.  Heck,  I even changed my user name tag to Blue Lives Matter.

I'm talking about the democrats' vicious denunciations of Trump and their nonstop charges of his being an illegitimate president, which make what he's said these past two months pale by comparison.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2021, 04:09:39 pm »
I'm talking about the democrats' vicious denunciations of Trump and their nonstop charges of his being an illegitimate president, which make what he's said these past two months pale by comparison.

Two wrongs don't make a right.   And nothing compares to a physical assault on the Capitol while Congress was is session.   That is an assault on the Republic itself.

It is cowardly and morally bankrupt to minimize or explain away that horrific and deadly scene.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 04:11:02 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2021, 04:17:12 pm »
Two wrongs don't make a right.   And nothing compares to a physical assault on the Capitol while Congress was is session.   That is an assault on the Republic itself.

Politicizing Federal Law Enforcement and National Security agencies to protect D politicians and hamper an elected R administration with a campaign of lies is *far* worse than a mob vandalizing the Capitol.

Congress returned to its business in short order on 6 January and the vandals are being identified and arrested even as I write this.  Obama and his administration corrupted law itself, without which there can be no Republic, and after more than four years no one has been held to account yet.
James 1:20

Offline skeeter

« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2021, 04:24:59 pm »
It is cowardly and morally bankrupt to minimize or explain away that horrific and deadly scene.

Coming from anyone else I'd be offended. But your posts are ridiculous most of the time.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 04:40:52 pm by skeeter »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2021, 04:35:34 pm »

Welp, it was a riot, bad stuff happens in riots. The perpetrators will be caught and they will face a judge and jury, as they should. To me though, mentioning the left's duplicity in instigating riots all summer and their sudden aversion to them is very relevant still, it is not explaining away at all.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2021, 05:11:39 pm »

The fraudulent election, numerous violations of State law, and refusal to uphold the Constitution are the assault on the Republic.  The people who showed up in Washington were there to defend the Republic.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2021, 05:38:48 pm »
The fraudulent election, numerous violations of State law, and refusal to uphold the Constitution are the assault on the Republic.  The people who showed up in Washington were there to defend the Republic.

The people who showed up were lied to.   The election was not stolen.   It was lost because Trump refused to address the simple things that would have persuaded a majority to vote for him.   He then blamed that failure on sinister forces,  and repeated the lie day after day after day until a mob was formed that spun out of control and destroyed his movement.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2021, 05:43:59 pm »
Welp, it was a riot, bad stuff happens in riots. The perpetrators will be caught and they will face a judge and jury, as they should. To me though, mentioning the left's duplicity in instigating riots all summer and their sudden aversion to them is very relevant still, it is not explaining away at all.

Oh, it certainly illustrates the left's hypocrisy and double standard.   But it does not erase the reality that Trump played with fire and got burned.   The shame of it is that his blunder has given the left the weapon it needs to dox, ostracize and demonize 75 million patriotic Americans.   I agree 100%  that such assholery needs to be opposed.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2021, 09:01:29 am »
Inflammatory claims that the election was stolen,  presented without actionable evidence.   He had every right to pursue such claims up until the point when the States had certified their electors .   At that point it was his responsibility to concede.   But instead he inspired a deadly mob - an idiotic and deadly blunder.
Holy sh*t! Are you writing for CNN?

Evidence has been presented for your viewing. If it wasn't, why would fecebook and twitter and youtube be scrubbing the web? Statistical impossibilities, etc, provide enough of a preponderance of evidence that courts would not even look at, sufficient to convince a small multitude, Your assertions that such evidence does not exist has less weight than the sworn affidavits of those who witnessed it.
If the States illegally certified the results and the electors, does that suddenly make wrong right? NOPE. Sure doesn't, and I will not honor the claimed results or a Biden Administration nor give ANY weight to any law passed by that illegal occupation of the Presidency.

Deadly mob? You'd have been statistically safer to be in that crowd than just among an average group of 300,000 Americans, of which 7 would have died on any given day. One person had a heart attack. One suffered the misfortune of being fatally injured in the crowd press (another reason I don't like crowds), one was injured (different rumors about how that happened, but blamed on someone in the crowd), another with no C.O.D. that I have heard, and one was shot by police.

Funny, how a white woman being shot by police doesn't spark riots and destruction and widespread looting and burning, but I'd wager if she'd been of a darker hued complexion, Washington would still be burning.

There is no comparison.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2021, 05:57:36 pm »
Your opinion only. I'm grateful to him for not simply shrugging his shoulder at the theft of his re-election. Maybe now enough Americans are sensitized to the increasing use of fraud by democrats to win elections to want to do something about it.

The election wasn't stolen.  The big lug simply lost.   Get over it.

BassWrangler

« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2021, 06:08:50 pm »
The election wasn't stolen.  The big lug simply lost.   Get over it.

Recycling a previously debated assertion = Textbook trolling. I hope other briefers will figure it out and just stop replying to him.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2021, 06:20:38 pm »
The people who showed up were lied to.   The election was not stolen.   It was lost because Trump refused to address the simple things that would have persuaded a majority to vote for him.   He then blamed that failure on sinister forces,  and repeated the lie day after day after day until a mob was formed that spun out of control and destroyed his movement.

The only ones here being lied to are the ones reading your posts.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2021, 07:38:43 pm »
Recycling a previously debated assertion = Textbook trolling. I hope other briefers will figure it out and just stop replying to him.

I have this disturbing fascination witnessing a human mind that so effortlessly and consistently rejects truth in every single scenario presented.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

BassWrangler

« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2021, 07:41:51 pm »
I have this disturbing fascination witnessing a human mind that so effortlessly and consistently rejects truth in every single scenario presented.

More likely : a malicious liberal who is getting his jollies by watching you and others get agitated or waste your time trying to convince him.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2021, 08:32:05 pm »
More likely : a malicious liberal who is getting his jollies by watching you and others get agitated or waste your time trying to convince him.
I wonder how much he (?) gets paid.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

BassWrangler

« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2021, 08:34:35 pm »
I wonder how much he (?) gets paid.

No pay is needed. Lefties are consumed with hate for right wingers. They get their jollies causing pain to them, or watching others do so.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2021, 09:29:47 pm »
No pay is needed. Lefties are consumed with hate for right wingers. They get their jollies causing pain to them, or watching others do so.
Even so, ya gotta pay the ISP (unless you're piggybacking on someone else).

C S Lewis

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2021, 02:53:01 pm »

I'm a Republican with different opinions about some things than you do.   Can't deal with that, eh? 

My view is that this board functions much better when it is not an echo chamber for Trump,  and reflects a wider spectrum of conservative/libertarian opinion.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2021, 02:54:56 pm »

I dislike Trump,  not Trumpsters.   I am sorry that criticism of your leader causes you pain.  That is not my intent.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2021, 08:50:10 pm »
It isn't just what Trump said on the morning of January6, although that was bad enough.

So what exactly was it that President Trump said that you consider seditious?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-